The Conte Thread

16 minutes ago, milka said:

It's actually frightening how similar the situation is to the defeat at King Power 2 years ago. Mourinho's last game in charge.

Same as back then, the players need a massive reality check, dropped levels and consistency from last season has also hurt us. If the players can’t deal with coaches like Mourinho and Conte, decide all of a sudden they don’t support a coach/are disgruntled at training regimes/whatever, they might as well retire (seeing as certain sources are talking about Conte losing the dressing room). Never thought we’d probably lose two managers of that top level calibre in the space of 3 seasons. Results are poor yes. Tactics could be changed yes. Players effort is something that should be there though regardless and it wasn’t against Bournemouth and Watford. Everybody from back to front, Courtois to Hazard.  

15 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Those are 3 average players and 1 great player who is past his prime. It's very easy to nitpick regarding Conte's selections but let's face it: Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta and to a lesser extent Christensen are the only reliable ones.

Hazard reliable yes but in the last 2 games? When the going gets tough? Fair enough he showed up for 5-10 mins tonight after we brought a striker on and scored a goal but other than that in 180 mins of football he has looked as average and uninterested as anybody else. If he thinks he can decide to show up for 10 mins a match and it’s okay then he’s sadly mistaken, same with any fan who thinks he can just do that and should get away with it. Just wandering about when we don’t have the ball half the time. Players effort should be there, week in week out.  No matter if your the main man or some guy who plays every 5th week.

Conte said he made mistakes with picking the first 11 tonight but personally I think he should have threw every single one of them under the bus. Jody Morris’ boys in the u23 or u18 day r whatever would have played 10 times better than whet these guys did tonight. And if they didn’t win they’d of at least given a fuck and put effort in. 

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Hazard reliable yes but in the last 2 games? When the going gets tough? Fair enough he showed up for 5-10 mins tonight after we brought a striker on and scored a goal but other than that in 180 mins of football he has looked as average and uninterested as anybody else. If he thinks he can decide to show up for 10 mins a match and it’s okay then he’s sadly mistaken, same with any fan who thinks he can just do that and should get away with it. Just wandering about when we don’t have the ball half the time. Players effort should be there, week in week out.  No matter if your the main man or some guy who plays every 5th week.

He has been playing out of position, he isn't tall enough to perfectly fix our strikers issues. I was talking about individuals in our current squad in general. The ones who we clearly struggle without. 

12 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Yes, have you? Because to have the courage to describe the current Fabregas as "creative" is completely inaccurate. 

I've said this before in this thread: Rudiger and Drinkwater wouldn't fix this clusterfuck. You'd still have wasteful players upfront. You'd still have limited-as-fuck wingbacks. You'd still have brain-fart master Luiz at the back.

We're lacking too much quality to blame any coach in charge in my opinion.

Fabregas is shit, let's not fool ourselves. He showed that today too. Some good pass here and there. His close control and dribbling is Bakayokos' level, and add to that him being weak as fuck.

Couldn't agree more with you.

Our players are just not good enough. The ones that played, ones on the bench, all of them. Some tweak might have been made, but that would be minor tweak and ask God if it would help us at all.

5 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

He has been playing out of position, he isn't tall enough to perfectly fix our strikers issues. I was talking about individuals in our current squad in general. The ones who we clearly struggle without. 

Okay I get you now. Yeah fair enough still think he should get as much flack as anybody (well not as much as Baka Luiz Cahill but the rest yeah) but remains to be seen.

6 minutes ago, Mana said:

The media is going to talk about Chelsea and Conte all week long now. "What's next for Chelsea Football Club?" "Is Conte on the verge of sacking?" Yadda yadda yadda.

And fecking Klopp gets away with this media attention when he still failed to win anything with Liverpool.

To be honest? We don't even deserve to be ahead of Arsenal. 6th place is where we should be, and I'm shocked we are still in the top 4. HOW.

Klopp gets away with it because Liverpool’s expectations are lower than ours and they almost certainly will have been from the start of the season. We won the league, 7 months later possibly sack that manager, sitting 10+ points behind City and maybe not even get CL football depending how it goes, absolute disaster almost 2 years after the last time we did this. Liverpool finished top 4. Which is a huge success for them.

Regardless no point deflecting our short comings at another club.

Our players, management, board... somethings not been right since the summer (well boards not been right for years)  

1 minute ago, Mana said:

And fecking Klopp gets away with this media attention when he still failed to win anything with Liverpool.

You gives a fuck about him ?. We have just lost to the might of Bournemouth and Watford and we look shambolic forget about other teams and their success or lack of it.

7 minutes ago, Mana said:

The media is going to talk about Chelsea and Conte all week long now. "What's next for Chelsea Football Club?" "Is Conte on the verge of sacking?" Yadda yadda yadda.

To be honest? We don't even deserve to be ahead of Arsenal. 6th place is where we should be, and I'm shocked we are still in the top 4. HOW.

Because Klopp is giving no indications he's unhappy, quite the opposite in fact. If he started taking repeated shots at Fenway Sports group, refused to sign an extension, had previous with rage quitting and look a ghost off his former self, he would attract those type of headlines too.

46 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Fully agree. The team is just so negative and it's been clear all season that Hazard at F9 just doesn't work. Why not just start a more positive team when we're conceding and leaking goals with such a defensive set up anyway? Conte's being a crazy coward.

Switch it up or something Conte. Would love seeing something like this in the near future but it just won't happen:

Courtois
Azpilicueta Christensen Rüdiger Emerson
Kanté 
Barkley Willian
Hazard Morata Hudson-Odoi

Not an amazing team obviously but it's refreshing, it's something different. Tired of this regurgitated nonsense man.

Change ampadu with  Willy and we are ok! 

He's still around?

I usually hate it when people start analyzing a player's or manager's body language but bloody hell, Conte's was absolutely bad yesterday. So obvious that he doesn't want to be around and wants to be put out of his misery. He even sat down during the match FFS! I recall him saying like if he sits down during a game, it means he's lost his passion last season. He's looking less and less like the Conte we know and looking more like Avram Grant!

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

He's still around?

I usually hate it when people start analyzing a player's or manager's body language but bloody hell, Conte's was absolutely bad yesterday. So obvious that he doesn't want to be around and wants to be put out of his misery. He even sat down during the match FFS! I recall him saying like if he sits down during a game, it means he's lost his passion last season. He's looking less and less like the Conte we know and looking more like Avram Grant!

Agreed, we've seen him be less energetic this season but last night has to be the most indifferent i've ever seen him. 

Just doesn't seem to care anymore. No point keeping him around if that's the case.

Bad selection yesterday.

Cahill was poor and Bakayoko had a horror game. Even before the red card, he gave the ball away in 3-4 occasichalons under little pressure. And everybody and their milkman knew Hazard as false nine was not going to work. Why didn't Giroud just start?

I don't think Conte will be sacked now but at the end of this month with Barcelona around the corner, he looks doomed. Such a shame this, really. At the start of the season, I felt there was potential to kick on from the title win, add quality players to the squad and take the pressure off Hazard to create attacks. 

I don't want him sacked, but he couldn't complain at this point. He was dealt a bad hand by the board, but he isnt doing anything himself to compensate for this. He keeps using the wrong players in the same stagnant formation, so if he gets sacked, its all on him

35 minutes ago, lucio said:

He was dealt a bad hand by the board, but he isnt doing anything himself to compensate for this

Exactly. It's not like we're Brighton or Huddersfield. This squad is still the third best in the league, in terms of quality. At least in my opinion.

We still spent a lot of money on transfers, we still have the best academy in the UK and we still play like shit. Can't blame it all on the board.