The Conte Thread

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Wow, explosive presser. Looks like this is a parting shot. Hollywood FC at it again.

Maybe if he actually picked the right players they wouldn't be beset by fear. It's easy to be fearful when you know you're an ordinary player like Cahill playing for a big team. But he had Rudiger, Drinkwater, Fabregas and Giroud on the bench and makes the same tactical blunders. Miss me with that bulls***

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

A season ruined by this useless board before it even started. Every sane person would think that you must build on a title winning season, but not this board it seems. And it is not even the first time it happens. They would rather go and buy seven or eight players worth 200M, than get two or three world class players who would automatically improve the team.

You look at Arsenal - the perennial losers, 6th in the table, Europa League level, a dinosaur of a manager, a deluded fan base, a club that has lost their best player to a rival. They go in the market and buy one of Europe's best goalscorers for a club record amount. While we set for the likes of Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Bakayoko and Roma's bench warmers, looking closely to influence as little as we can the net spend.

We had everything a club could have asked for in May last year - a title winning squad, a passionate manager, a great atmosphere, lots of players taken to the next level. Everything was there for this club to reach new heights.

Diego Costa should have been the only departure last summer. Everybody else should have stayed at the club, while adding at least two or three other top players to automatically break into the starting eleven. But not with this board. They had to sell in order to buy, Pathetic!!!

This is not 2005 anymore where you could allow yourself to get relaxed knowing there is maybe only one club posing a threat and you could easily bounce back very quickly. Times have changed, there are at least five clubs now ready to pump money into their teams and it hurts to say this but Chelsea looks way behind all the others at this point and there is no signs anything will change come the end of the season. I bet this pathetic board would sell Hazard for 200M and buy six or seven Zappacostas worth this money, instead of looking for the best talent out there and fight for him. 

Conte had the right ideas and was the perfect manager to drive this club forward, unfortunately he had to deal with this greedy board. Will be sad to see him gone.

I fully agree with your frustrations, but let's please dissect the latest games. We've lost to B'mouth and Watford because of individual players who reek of mediocrity that opposition players and coaches go into games to consciously take advantage of. Cahill, Bakayoko (& Zappacosta tonight) didn't deserve to be in the line-up.

Conte reeks of martyr/victim mentality and stuff like that begets more of the same which leads to apathy and starting those 2 who were the sole reason why we imploded in the last two matches. I want Roman, the board and CONTE gone, but for the moment I'd settle for Conte only to f**k off. Harboring pure hate for him is the only logical solution because of his stubborn choices. 

The most disgusting thing is that when he's sacked this lunatic board will be going for names like Simeone. Names that will produce even worse brands of barely watchable football and will cry about transfer money to spend all season long. Conte, Mourinho, Simeone.. They're all the same high maintanance types. 

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Wow, explosive presser. Looks like this is a parting shot. Hollywood FC at it again.

Talk is cheap. The players that aren't good enough are the ones he most likes to pick, and the "fear" we play with comes from his tactics.

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Maybe if he actually picked the right players they wouldn't be beset by fear. It's easy to be fearful when you know you're an ordinary player like Cahill playing for a big team. But he had Rudiger, Drinkwater, Fabregas and Giroud on the bench and makes the same tactical blunders. Miss me with that bulls***

The only one that I can confidently say wouldn't play with fear from the bench is cesc. But what you add in dangerous passing you open up a corridor in midfield. This wasn't just the popular  (but correct) scapegoats Cahill and Bakayoko. Moses, Zappacosta, Azpi too. Thats 5 of the 7 players who have to manoeuvre the ball to the front 3. Too timid to roll the ball past the halfway line. 

10 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Fully agree. The team is just so negative and it's been clear all season that Hazard at F9 just doesn't work. Why not just start a more positive team when we're conceding and leaking goals with such a defensive set up anyway? Conte's being a crazy coward.

Switch it up or something Conte. Would love seeing something like this in the near future but it just won't happen:

Courtois
Azpilicueta Christensen Rüdiger Emerson
Kanté 
Barkley Willian
Hazard Morata Hudson-Odoi

Not an amazing team obviously but it's refreshing, it's something different. Tired of this regurgitated nonsense man.

6 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

he had Rudiger, Drinkwater, Fabregas and Giroud on the bench and makes the same tactical blunders. Miss me with that bulls***

Those are 3 average players and 1 great player who is past his prime. It's very easy to nitpick regarding Conte's selections but let's face it: Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta and to a lesser extent Christensen are the only reliable ones.

1 minute ago, Azpinator said:

Those are 3 average players and 1 great player who is past his prime. It's very easy to nitpick regarding Conte's selections but let's face it: Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta and to a lesser extent Christensen are the only reliable ones.

Rudiger is better than Cahill. Drinkwater is better than Bakayoko. Fabregas is our only creative midfielder. The false 9 doesn't work. Have you been watching Chelsea this season?

2 wins in 10 games. All those clubs except Arsenal will die for a Rudiger, Drinkwater, Fabregas or Giroud. Those trying to relive Conte of the bulk of the blame should be ashamed. His tactical blunders are shocking and he's an incredibly stubborn person.26ObDcm.png

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

Rudiger is better than Cahill. Drinkwater is better than Bakayoko. Fabregas is our only creative midfielder. The false 9 doesn't work. Have you been watching Chelsea this season?

Yes, have you? Because to have the courage to describe the current Fabregas as "creative" is completely inaccurate. 

I've said this before in this thread: Rudiger and Drinkwater wouldn't fix this clusterfuck. You'd still have wasteful players upfront. You'd still have limited-as-fuck wingbacks. You'd still have brain-fart master Luiz at the back.

We're lacking too much quality to blame any coach in charge in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, The Chels said:

I'll still be surprised if he's sacked tomorrow to be honest. We're still in the top 4, players don't seem to hate him. Mourinho had us in a much worse position and was given a very long stay of execution. 

yeh now some time has passed and we relax after that performance, i think he will stay

24 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Reminds me of Martinez. Not someone we should be going after.

Sarri is the candidate for me long term but only if he is guaranteed players of his choice. We don't need another puppet at this point

Sarri has already gone on record saying he works with what ADL gives him. 

Sarri has already gone on record saying he works with what ADL gives him. 

Well, they've managed to keep hold of their best players whilst buying smart. That isn't something that can be said about our board in the last 3-4 years.