The Conte Thread

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People are going to be sorry for hoping Conte is sacked when we hire Marco Silva or Luis Enrique to replace him. Two managers who I feel would be disasters akin to AVB.

Be careful what you wish for.

Can't be any worse than what we're watching now. Live a little.

1 hour ago, Styles said:

Can't be any worse than what we're watching now. Live a little.

It could be worse. Conte is one of the best managers in the world. The current favorite to replace him has accomplished and proven nothing.

39 minutes ago, Pizy said:

It could be worse. Conte is one of the best managers in the world. The current favorite to replace him has accomplished and proven nothing.

That's why he interests us, a blank canvas so he can be like a rabbit in the headlights and the board can bully him with cheap shit signings and he will role with it.

4 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Conte should see out th season. That way we can get a better manager in than we could now and settle the deal with him regardless. The only reason to seperate was if he put the top4 in danger. 

Luis Enrique seems to be nailed on and is available now. Conte's got a massive game on Monday

Just now, LAM09 said:

Luis Enrique seems to be nailed on and is available now. Conte's got a massive game on Monday

Luis Enrique is an absolute wildcard IMO. he won the CL with barca yes, but he had the 3 best players in the world.  I am not sure how much credit you can give him for this. He will be available in summer too as might Allegri and Simeone.

Luis Enrique is an absolute wildcard IMO. he won the CL with barca yes, but he had the 3 best players in the world.  I am not sure how much credit you can give him for this. He will be available in summer too as might Allegri and Simeone.
I never said he would be my choice but several reports are pointing his way. We seriously need an identity going forward

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

People are going to be sorry for hoping Conte is sacked when we hire Marco Silva or Luis Enrique to replace him. Two managers who I feel would be disasters akin to AVB.

Be careful what you wish for.

Before Conte was appointed he was far from an exciting name. Nobody here was saying "OMG, we are getting Conte!!! That guy is dope as fuck!!!". People got on board the hype train after Italy good run in 2016 Euro.  If Conte is sacked and a new manager achieve some success, everybody will forget Conte, and will say the same things people are saying now about Conte:

-How can we sack Luis Enrique after what he achieved in the past, specially when people are saying we replace him with Tom, Dick or Harry? 

I remember 8 years ago I was the only member here asking Carlo Ancelotti to get fired, while people was saying he had to say 10 years. Weeks ago there was a rumor that the board was considering his name to replace Conte, and the consensus here was it was going to be a pretty stupid thing to do.

At this point I can't understand people that don't realize Conte is limited as fuck. For me its pretty clear its not a question of not getting enough players. If we had better players we would still be playing with the same strategy, and with the same system that is created around the 3CB idea. Conte is a manager coming directly from he past century. There us circlejerk around that Conte is the victim of "the board" because he is not getting the players he want. 

Pretty funny, because none of the players the wanted would really improve the team. He wanted Lukaku, Sandro and Van Dijki. Lukaku is a downgrade on Diego Costa (and so is Morata). The last thing this squad need is another ultra expensive CB, and while many people here talk about Sandro as he was Roberto Carlos or Cafu, he is not the kind of player that would avoid the team losing 3-0 for Bornemouth. 

Conte is also showing a character that is even more annoying than Mourinho's worst side. To be honest I can't wait to see he leaving. 

Antonio Conte is "eager" to return to his previous job as Italy manager, according to the new president of the Italian Football Federation (FIGC) Roberto Fabbricini.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11232639/antonio-conte-eager-to-return-to-italy-job-says-italian-football-federation-president

I just don't get understand how anybody can really want Antonio Conte to stay beyond this season. 

Beyond just the "football" he has this team playing, we've all read the reports about what happened this summer where Conte ignored Marina/Emenalo for 3-4 weeks and we've seen Conte's incessant complaints about how Chelsea operate in the transfer window. He was just asked about the signing of Emerson Palmieri and his response was "idk much about him." The writing is there for everybody to see: Marina and Conte will never see eye-to-eye or have a good professional relationship. And because Marina won't be leaving Chelsea at anytime soon, why continue such a toxic relationship?

My concern is it seems a few of our managers have had a toxic relationship with those in the board.. Something definitely ain't right there and even if he goes they'll still be issues. 

That really need to give managers short term contracts cause this cost a lot surely every few years or so

I really don't want Conte anymore, not that he isn't a top manager or I'm not appreciative of him. I really did think he was the guy to lead this team. He really has jeopardized his position at the club, with constant moaning about transfers, that isn't healthy for the players as well, that the manager doesn't think that they are good enough. And this is topped by his reluctance to change players. I get the point no backup is available for bakayoko, but is their any excuse in this world for playing Cahill again and again? I don't know who'll replace him, I don't know how he'll perform, but I do think the club is only moving in one direction right now - Downward

The majority of Chelsea fans are exactly like Abramovich. Want instant success, no matter how good the manager may be. If they have one poor (which this season isn’t even that poor) season, they want the manager to go. And the cycle restarts.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Conte's head is already not in this club it seems. He obviously doesn't want to be here and he is not focused at all.

I don't think any manager with self respect would consider working with our con man and his board anymore. Be ready for very tough years ahead.