The Conte Thread

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Nah. Reckon the defining point will be from mid-Feb till mid-March, when we play Barcelona (h), Man Utd (a), Man City (a), Barcelona (a).

No thanks. His teams play decent football but can't defend and he seems to be one of those who can get easily distracted by external happenings.

I wasn't plumbing for Silva, I actually think that is what this idiotic board would do.

The most common argument I'm seeing on Twitter when Chelsea fans are complaining about Conte not being backed is "you've spent loads, why are you moaning!?" Failing to realize that we didn't spend loads of money adding to an already good squad. We sold a world class DM and replaced him with a worse player in Bakayoko and we sold a world class striker and replaced him with Morata who isn't as good. Didn't sign a LWB, didn't sign a single attacking player other than Morata who was a direct replacement for someone we sold. Drinkwater was so obviously not Conte's first or even 5th choice, and Zappacosta was probably his 4th choice and a panic buy after we failed with everyone else.

21 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The most common argument I'm seeing on Twitter when Chelsea fans are complaining about Conte not being backed is "you've spent loads, why are you moaning!?" Failing to realize that we didn't spend loads of money adding to an already good squad. We sold a world class DM and replaced him with a worse player in Bakayoko and we sold a world class striker and replaced him with Morata who isn't as good. Didn't sign a LWB, didn't sign a single attacking player other than Morata who was a direct replacement for someone we sold. Drinkwater was so obviously not Conte's first or even 5th choice, and Zappacosta was probably his 4th choice and a panic buy after we failed with everyone else.

Wait, did you say just Matic is a WORLD CLASS? I get what you're trying to say but c'mon now. That's just silly. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

We have spent loads.....on shite. Totally different if your spending stacks on actually quality elite players, but we aren't.

And if Conte goes we'll have another huge headache to deal with if the next manager doesn't fancy the likes of Drinkwater, Baka, Zappacosta etc. But since we spent big money on them the club will force the new man to "work with what you have" and then we're right back to having a frustrated manager.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

And if Conte goes we'll have another huge headache to deal with if the next manager doesn't fancy the likes of Drinkwater, Baka, Zappacosta etc. But since we spent big money on them the club will force the new man to "work with what you have" and then we're right back to having a frustrated manager.

Rinse and repeat.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Wait, did you say just Matic is a WORLD CLASS? I get what you're trying to say but c'mon now. That's just silly. :lol:

Okay, not world class but at his very specific job there are few better. Been one of their best players this season.

I agree with him on transfers. It was bad summer, and we paying the price for that disaster now. But it's getting annoying, especially when you talk about it after a game against Arsenal - the team, that lose every good player, every time they have one. You can't blame everything on board. He needs to get over it, or it will end bad. Just stop feed media.

You can't blame him. How can you be a top manager at a top club when the club won't back your judgement in the transfer market, and instead identify their own targets and force you to work with them? He'll be gone, and Ancelotti will come back as Roman's yes-man, win us a PL title but fail to do anything in Europe, and then Hiddink will come back for round 3. 

Top players cost around 100 or more in todays market. There are exceptions but you will mostly get average players for less than 50. I doubt that our academy players are far worse than Zappa, Bakayoko or Drinkwater. Conte has to give more chance to our youngsters if he wants players like Sandro.