test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,557 posts in this topic

Given the proper support Conte could have been our Ferguson. Unfortunately, that just isn't how we operate. It's on to the next one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

I really hope he doesnt play Cahill and Bakayoko anymore.

that we can all agree on lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johnnyeye said:

that we can all agree on lol

The question is does he hope or want to stay? To me he seems he doesn't want to.

Someone said that he has a toxic relation with Marina. I am not sure if it is just her or if we have a toxic work environment for the managers.

Ancelotti wrote in his book how it was working with Roman. Of course we blamed Ancelotti here.

Lets hope our con man Roman can deceive another elite manager after Conte. He is very good tricking people, but I will be really surprised if any of the names fans hope to see accepts working for him.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 11Drogba said:

The question is does he hope or want to stay? To me he seems he doesn't want to.

Someone said that he has a toxic relation with Marina. I am not sure if it is just her or if we have a toxic work environment for the managers.

Ancelotti wrote in his book how it was working with Roman. Of course we blamed Ancelotti here.

Lets hope our con man Roman can deceive another elite manager after Conte. He is very good tricking people, but I will be really surprised if any of the names fans hope to see will accept working for him.

We all want him to stay, but his demeanour is that of a man who knows he is just towing the line until he leaves.  I think a lot of the enthusiasm he has lost on the touchline is down to this. 

 

Just stop playing the underperforming players, come up with subtle changes to influence games when we are playing poor, and give the subs a proper think through - and it'd go a long way to getting us back where we should be

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I see Cahill and Bakabambi in the starting lineups again...I really think Conte wants to leave. A manager who wants to get good results wouldn't play the Bambi duo over and over.

Even if we have zero options on the bench, get the youth up and give them a chance before risking the Bambis.

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mana said:

If I see Cahill and Bakabambi in the starting lineups again...I really think Conte wants to leave. A manager who wants to get good results wouldn't play the Bambi duo over and over.

Even if we have zero options on the bench, get the youth up and give them a chance before risking the Bambis.

the real problem is david luiz. 

an overrated player and a poor defender 

Bakayoko in a 2 midfield is lost. 

bigbluewillie and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 11Drogba said:

The question is does he hope or want to stay? To me he seems he doesn't want to.

Someone said that he has a toxic relation with Marina. I am not sure if it is just her or if we have a toxic work environment for the managers.

Ancelotti wrote in his book how it was working with Roman. Of course we blamed Ancelotti here.

Lets hope our con man Roman can deceive another elite manager after Conte. He is very good tricking people, but I will be really surprised if any of the names fans hope to see accepts working for him.

i understand your point, one of the things most of us dislike is the revolving door of managers, yes it got us plenty of trophies but at what cost? we all would love to see some stability at the club for a change, but it has been the standard set by Abramovich, get results or you're out, no world class manager will last long here, and doesnt have the will or trust to stay here, can you imagine Guardiola being here? its a shame managers cant last long, it sets a bad precedent for any manager coming here, he knows he has to play russian roulette in order to survive, it really is a toxic environment for any manager.

11Drogba and bigbluewillie like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

i understand your point, one of the things most of us dislike is the revolving door of managers, yes it got us plenty of trophies but at what cost? we all would love to see some stability at the club for a change, but it has been the standard set by Abramovich, get results or you're out, no world class manager will last long here, and doesnt have the will or trust to stay here, can you imagine Guardiola being here? its a shame managers cant last long, it sets a bad precedent for any manager coming here, he knows he has to play russian roulette in order to survive, it really is a toxic environment for any manager.

It is not just hiring and sacking managers imo. Other clubs in Europe are trying to get better scouts and football directors. Roma hired Monchi from Sevilla, Real Madrid tried to bring Paratici from Juventus, Arsenal hired B.Dortmund's scout, Barcelona hired Braida from Milan, City has Begiristain and we have Roman's people. Sammer steps up when there is crisis at Bayern, who can help our first team head coaches in moment like this. No one.

 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Going from Conte to Enrique would be such a huge downgrade. What a letdown that would be.

I pray that Conte can turn this around so it doesn't happen.

Supermonkey92 and Johnnyeye like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, primax79 said:

Sarri worked as international bank trader in a London and Luxemburg before quitting the bank job to follow his passion I don't think that the language or the life change are problems

 

I only hope that he will teach football in my Napoli as long as possible but I know that in some year he'll move to Spain or England

 

Inviato dal mio SM-G920F utilizzando Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 i say a wrong thing sorry 

in any case if players are disappointed for the hard work under conte  it will be the same or even worse under sarri 

Supermonkey92 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Antonio8 said:

the real problem is david luiz. 

an overrated player and a poor defender 

Bakayoko in a 2 midfield is lost. 

Luiz didn't play against Bournemouth. So it's not down to David Luiz. It's down to Baka (and Cahill).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say this and I'm one of his biggest critics: We should have kept hold of Bats.

Even though he's useless most of the time, when he has his game, he'll score. And we would never had to play false 9. We wouldn't have lost the manner like we did (actually I'm not so sure v. Watford, but still)

 

Morata, Giroud, Bats. Nice options to choose from.

bigbluewillie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Hybrid Angel said:
 

You can only succeed with average players for so long. At some point every top team needs top signings that rejuvenate a squad and a manager. Giroud is uninspiring. Emerson is uninspiring. These would have been good signings if they were along with a marquee player, but not by themselves. When was the last time we signed a 'marquee' attacking player? Hazard is probably the last one. 

I'm not saying Conte doesn't deserve any blame at all. But the lack of quality in this squad is genuinely shocking and this hasn't been addressed at all in the past 3 years. 2 league title wins were papers over the cracks that are the lack of overall quality in the squad. Conte knows we need more world class players, I only wonder how bad things need to get for this club till the board does as well...

Well, Diego Costa is a world-class player, he was a key contributor to us winning the title, ... and he was sacked by Conte.  Not by the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does Roman likes the board more then manager? 

I think it would be different if he had competent people. Why doesn't he go for ex players that are very savvy like Lampard? 

Juventus had the same issue and then restructured their board. 

11Drogba, Johnnyeye, El P. and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Conte will leave/be sacked end of season and is likely to get Real Madrid job, where he wants to bring Thibaut Courtois, Cesar Azplicueta and Eden Hazard. Jesus christ. Fucked either way. 

 

Also Maria offered to resign but Roman said no? More fecking money than sense. Get her sacked. Get football people in/give the manager full say. Simple as that. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.