The Conte Thread

10 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I think the big question right now is: will Conte survive until Barcelona clash at the end of february? He is pretty much 2 or 3 bad results away from the sack.

Fuck all that we do fails to suprize me any more.I think that sacking Ancelotte made me realize just what a hard bastard Roman can be.

21 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Wlell in the cups? 0-0 with Norwich and 0-0 with Arsenal B at home are good results?...

Yes, considering the context of the competitions. We'll trash Norwich on Wednesday at the Bridge and we can easily score on Emirates. 0-0 at home is always a decent result on the first leg.

Remember that Barcelona Ovrebo kicked us out of the UCL after us drawing 0-0 on Nou Camp. 0-0 in the first leg, home, means that for every goal that you score away, your opponent needs to score two. 

0-0 at home is the less harmful draw that you can get when it comes to playing two legs. 

I am confident that we'll go through in both of the competitions. 

Regarding UCL, there's still one month until the first leg of that double. A lot can change in the meantime. We won't be sucking forever, will we? 

Yes, considering the context of the competitions. We'll trash Norwich on Wednesday at the Bridge and we can easily score on Emirates. 0-0 at home is always a decent result on the first leg.
Remember that Barcelona Ovrebo kicked us out of the UCL after us drawing 0-0 on Nou Camp. 0-0 in the first leg, home, means that for every goal that you score away, your opponent needs to score two. 
0-0 at home is the less harmful draw that you can get when it comes to playing two legs. 
I am confident that we'll go through in both of the competitions. 
Regarding UCL, there's still one month until the first leg of that double. A lot can change in the meantime. We won't be sucking forever, will we? 
No away goals in Carabao cup till Extra time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

No away goals in Carabao cup till Extra time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Oh right. Forgot about that. 

I am confident that we can get a result there anyways.

I mean look at the games. In the League, we clearly had the bigger chances, we should've won that game at the Emirates. 

And in the first leg, we should've also beaten them at the Bridge.

We're clearly the better team and we just need to score. It just cannot go this bad forever. We have to start scoring at some point and I'm sure that that moment will come very soon.

To be fair, despite the goal drought and despite the fact that a lot of people talk about a crisis at Chelsea, remember that we lost 0 games out of the last 10. 5 draws and 5 wins, I have to agree that it's not something to be super excited about, but still we're in a so-called crisis in which we're not actually losing games. 

This is our record for this season: 20-9-6. It's really not that bad. I mean we could've done better, but it's not that bad. People are overreacting. 

Even though we shouldve had penalties in the Barca game there were so many chances we didn't take.. Can see there being a repeat this time. If we keep messing up in front of goal they'll definitely punish us for it. 

We just seem so slow! And whenever is a chance it goes back to the goalie way way to often what's the point.. It cant last forever but does feel like it is... 

"Fans" are calling for his head, but they do not realize that won't change much, another one will come, will probably bring some success for a year and then the same will happen, people will want him to be sacked and knowing Roman's patiece, he will be. Unless the board changes and bring some quality players, or at least bring 2 players that the manager really wants through the summer window, the scenario would still be the same. And of course I am talking to have faith in someone who has done something for the club and showed that he really understands what is he doing, before having so much faith in him. Conte did this, he had the balls to do some big decisions, change the style of play, introduce a stable game plan with 3 defenders and won the title in his first season in England when no body expected that and everybody was thinking the PL will be decided between the manchester clubs. Antonio deserves far more faith from the board for what he has done and the club will only lose a really good manager if they sack him.

Another thing that really get on my nerves is when the board is spending millions on some players like Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley and are trying to bring in players like Carroll, when they have one of the best youth academies in the world! So many talented players, who are above the level of u19, u21 teams, lost, are losing and are going to lose so much by going in Chelsea's game of loans.. So much talent was wasted through the years and nothing changes, Chelsea may really have one of the best academies in the world, but when it comes for these players to make the step to the professionals, Chelsea are treating them in the worst way.

People are saying, we are not showing an ambition anymore with our transfers and we don't spend so much money as before, because we want to reconstruct the stadium, or be in regulations of FFP, or whatever, okay, I get it, but if it this the reason the club doesn't want to spend big money, why they don't bring some youngsters from the academy? The latest examples are: We are interested in someone like Carroll, when Hudson-Odoi is on fire for the development team. Instead of Bakayoko we had Chalobah, who can't do any worse than the ex Monaco player, I am sure that even players like Colkett or Mount who are on loan at Vitesse would at least play with passion and give everything, because they have grown up by wearing the Chelsea shirt and will be pleased to finally reaching the 1st team after years and years of sweating and hard working through the academies of the club.

I can get it that bringing young players to the 1st team also depends a lot to the manager and he might be a reason for that not happening and that is leading to the next thing on my mind. It seems like Conte won't be in Chelsea after the summer, too much differences between his ideas and board ones, it seems, then I really hope that the one who they will bring to succeed him, will be someone who likes to work with young players and it's not afraid of playing them often.
The post suddenly became so big, that no one will read it :D At least I posted some of the things I wanted to say.
Win or lose(or draw lately) Up the Blues!

6 hours ago, King11Didier said:

"Fans" are calling for his head, but they do not realize that won't change much, another one will come, will probably bring some success for a year and then the same will happen, people will want him to be sacked and knowing Roman's patiece, he will be. Unless the board changes and bring some quality players, or at least bring 2 players that the manager really wants through the summer window, the scenario would still be the same. And of course I am talking to have faith in someone who has done something for the club and showed that he really understands what is he doing, before having so much faith in him. Conte did this, he had the balls to do some big decisions, change the style of play, introduce a stable game plan with 3 defenders and won the title in his first season in England when no body expected that and everybody was thinking the PL will be decided between the manchester clubs. Antonio deserves far more faith from the board for what he has done and the club will only lose a really good manager if they sack him.

Another thing that really get on my nerves is when the board is spending millions on some players like Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Barkley and are trying to bring in players like Carroll, when they have one of the best youth academies in the world! So many talented players, who are above the level of u19, u21 teams, lost, are losing and are going to lose so much by going in Chelsea's game of loans.. So much talent was wasted through the years and nothing changes, Chelsea may really have one of the best academies in the world, but when it comes for these players to make the step to the professionals, Chelsea are treating them in the worst way.

People are saying, we are not showing an ambition anymore with our transfers and we don't spend so much money as before, because we want to reconstruct the stadium, or be in regulations of FFP, or whatever, okay, I get it, but if it this the reason the club doesn't want to spend big money, why they don't bring some youngsters from the academy? The latest examples are: We are interested in someone like Carroll, when Hudson-Odoi is on fire for the development team. Instead of Bakayoko we had Chalobah, who can't do any worse than the ex Monaco player, I am sure that even players like Colkett or Mount who are on loan at Vitesse would at least play with passion and give everything, because they have grown up by wearing the Chelsea shirt and will be pleased to finally reaching the 1st team after years and years of sweating and hard working through the academies of the club.

I can get it that bringing young players to the 1st team also depends a lot to the manager and he might be a reason for that not happening and that is leading to the next thing on my mind. It seems like Conte won't be in Chelsea after the summer, too much differences between his ideas and board ones, it seems, then I really hope that the one who they will bring to succeed him, will be someone who likes to work with young players and it's not afraid of playing them often.
The post suddenly became so big, that no one will read it :D At least I posted some of the things I wanted to say.
Win or lose(or draw lately) Up the Blues!

Exactly.  Trying to have their cake and eat it too.  Be cheap, but win now.  Doesn't work like that.  If you don't want to spend to bring the quality in, at least bring through the youth so we can get excited about our youngsters and see what they can do.  Blocking their progress with top tier players is one thing.  Blocking their way with mediocrity is the worst of both worlds.