The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, Georgy said:

we need someone with attacking flair.

We have looked abso bloody lutely amazing at times going forward in the last couple of years.

The problem is that we dont remember how to do it from one game to the next.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I really dont know what WE (Chelsea) classify as a successful manager.

We sacked Ancelotti even when he finished with a record of 67 wins, 20 draws and 22 losses in 109 matches.His win percentage is the third-highest in Premier League history, behind only Mou and Fergie ffs!!!

Sacking him was one of the most retarded decisions in the history of this club.

25 minutes ago, DDA said:

A season without trophies is deemed failure here. Who is to know what we could win if we kept a manager after he wins nothing for a year... given time to implement a philosophy... to stamp his mark on the club. 

We did with Jose.

27 minutes ago, DDA said:

Why do you think Fergie was soooo successfull? Do I even need to get into it. I am sure you know. Please do not come back with, managers do not build dynastys anymore!! Look at Fergie and we can see he is the most successfull manager of all time... so why not use that method of stability to acheieve success ourselves. 

If every club sticks to managers on the off chance they might be the new Fergie, football will turn into a mess pretty quickly. United finding a manager like him is the equivalent of winning the Euromillions.

20 minutes ago, DDA said:

Sacking him was one of the most retarded decisions in the history of this club.

Three times this decade he's been sacked despite a major trophy win less than a year before, at what point is it accepted there may be a reason for that beyond " ruthless owners"?

32 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm not saying it will work with the first manager we chose but to keep sacking after a few years is bordering on lunacy. Especially after what they are acheiving in their previous seasons.

And on the flip side, if United sacked Moyes and LVG earlier they wouldn't be in such a mess. Im happy to give manager's all the time in the world to rectify so so results if there's evidence we are heading somewhere by doing so  (like for example Poch's first season at Spurs, Klopp's first at Liverpool or even Jose's first season back here) but standing by a manager who's not only failing to get results but also showing no positive signs of light at the end of the tunnel just in the name of stability is about as far from stability as it's possible to get.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

If every club sticks to managers on the off chance they might be the new Fergie, football will turn into a mess pretty quickly. United finding a manager like him is the equivalent of winning the Euromillions

Wasn't Fergie nearly sacked at United though. He had a really poor start! Then once he stamped his authoirty down and his idea of how the club should move forward, they became undeniable for a long time. I know Fergie is a one off but to expect a manager to get it right straight from the off and to maintain that success is becoming harder and harder. Especially now the other clubs in England have caught up with us financially. 

9 minutes ago, DDA said:

Wasn't Fergie nearly sacked at United though. He had a really poor start! Then once he stamped his authoirty down and his idea of how the club should move forward, they became undeniable for a long time. I know Fergie is a one off but to expect a manager to get it right straight from the off and to maintain that success is becoming harder and harder. Especially now the other clubs in England have caught up with us financially. 

The thing is, is Roman actually expecting manager's to get things right from the off? Jose came back won nothing and kept his job, i know it's easy to say it was Jose but also there was clear signs in that season we were heading on a good path and (in terms of progression) was probably our best for quite some time.

3 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Cannot believe the board / owner have decided not to back the manager. Disgraceful. Looks like he will leave in the summer. I actually really like Conte. Doesnt take shit for Jose either.

Doesn't really sell the appeal for others to come. Know they will as top club and all but that's the insentive.. Work with what you got and if cant make it work tough shit you get the sack... 

"He's a great player and he knows very well that in my first season in Juventus we tried to buy him from Udinese and then he decided to go to Udinese," said Conte.

"I have great admiration for great players, I think Alexis Sanchez is one of these players. "If Manchester City want Alexis Sanchez, they buy Alexis Sanchez and they don't have problem. "I think it's a good investment because we are talking about a top player and I'm hearing that the amount is around £20m. If you buy Alexis Sanchez with a normal price maybe 80 or 90 million euros."

Conte trying his best

Conte To Beat Record Held By Mourinho If Chelsea Defeat Ndidi's Leicester

Italian manager Antonio Conte might surpass a record he currently shares with his bitter rival Jose Mourinho and Carlo Ancelotti if Chelsea beat Wilfred Ndidi's Leicester City at Stamford Bridge this afternoon.

The three managers accumulated twenty five wins in their first thirty Premier League home matches.

As at match day 22, Conte had 25 wins, 4 losses and one draw in his first 30 Premier League home games.

Liverpool and Crystal Palace recorded wins at Stamford Bridge in Conte's first season in England, and he started this season with a defeat to Burnley before losing to Manchester City.

Mourinho and Ancelotti failed to win their 31st home match, drawing 1-1 and losing 1-0 against Charlton Athletic and Liverpool respectively.

Starting to fear for him that the players may pull another "we're not liking these tactics so we'll down tools." Persisting with what hasn't been working is costing us big time and the two main threats behind us in the table have been steadily growing in confidence and reeling us in.