test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,557 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, iceboy said:

Christ! If you're gonna post something like that, could you at least ensure it's some credible source? :doh:

If anyone thinks this guy has had any reasonable say over transfers they are gullible. First season didn't have a choice. The club blatantly went for Kante and Batshuayi. Alonso and Luiz as last minute deadline day signings says it all. Same for Drinkwater and Zappscosta. No way he wanted Matic gone. Doesn't even know who the new LB is for crying out loud! 

He sticks to 3 at the back because we would get creamed defensively and Hazard is so bad defensively (as is Alonso) that a back 4 is dangerous. 

Having said that . . . .

Considering how bad Christensen injury is and if the new LB is any good, a back for may be an option now. Rudiger next to Azpi may help. A 3 man midfield is absolutely necessary. Kante, Barkley and toothless Baka or snail boy cesc. Fuck his options are shit

manpe, 11Drogba, El P. and 1 other like this

Another black mark on Conte's record that has been beat to death already  is that he never plays or trusts youth players. Whether its Loftus-Cheek, Chalobah, Musonda, Ake. All he wants to do is spend, spend, spend. Well guess what, this isn't 2005 anymore. Those days of Roman's largesse are long gone. The only time he plays young players is in the dying minutes of games or when he has no other choice to do so. The only reason he's playing Christensen is because he fell out with Luiz and Christensen had already gotten his experience in Germany. Conte is not a risk taker at all and has no faith in our academy. 

Another black mark is the awful football. I can count on one hand the amount of games I've enjoyed watching this season. If Conte was able to produce the football a Klopp is doing with Liverpool rn, even if we were 4th, we will chuck it down as a transitional season. There will be very very few complaining. 

So again it's the same complaints we had under Mourinho. 

The Chels and bigbluewillie like this

I'm really bored to death of watching "counter-attacking" football and defending deep in big games with sporadic forays into the opponents box. Who is willing to be this is what we see against Barcelona in both legs and City? It's so predictable and lame at the same time. 

Alot of this comes down to the formation, when we play the 3 at the back, we essentially have a useless 3rd defender, two wing backs who are essentially shit at attacking, yet still have to because no other width is available. When we play 3-4-3 we have 2 midfielders, usually Kante and Bakayoko who are both better defensively. This just kills the attack, everyone knows the striker can't do anything on his own, leaving just Hazard who should be kept calm. 4-3-3 might make are otherwise useless wingbacks being more defensive minded occasionally trying for an attack, which suits our team better than losing the ball every time. And this also allows us to have 4 players up top, almost ready to pounce on any attack. This won't just help our attack, but also help us defensively. A lot of matches that we have lost comes down to our inability to press teams, and in the end we have our goal subject to waves of attacks from smaller teams. With more attacking players in our squad up top, these teams would be wary of trying to press us and they would be defensive in their matches, I think a attacking 4 like Liverpool have would be amazing for our squad, considering that we are mostly pretty organised at the back

Is he still here? 10 years ago, Roman would have sacked him after the game. How times have changed.

Conte was asked if Michy Batshuayi’s departure on loan to Borussia Dortmund affected his planning for the game?

‘Now it would be very simple to find excuses and that’s not the right way. For sure we made a lot of mistakes together. When we win, we win together and when we lose, we lose together.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I blame Conte for not thinking ahead and bringing Cudicini, us assistant, instead of Drogba, Zola etc. Would had three attacking option before the game. Negative manager.

Football is all about cliches and soundbites and the one that's used about Chelsea the most is it's a soap opera. Well to be honest it is and always has been going back to the 60's when Tommy Docherty sent home most of the team for sneaking out to a nightclub. We don't do stability never have done never will do. 

He won't make it until this time next week, his words are to close to the knuckle now, the board will sack him soon.
Don't thing so...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

His over 'achieving' comments are just a smack in the face with a wet fish to the board. He's pushing and pushing and it will come to a head soon, they won't tolerate these words much longer and with him apparently walking a fine line for weeks it wouldn't surprise me if the hunt for a new coach started as early as 10PM last night.

I love Conte but hes been sold down the river, these fuckers running the show are absolute control freaks and there in lies the problem. There is no gel or bond between him and the board, the relationship is finished. He hasn't helped the situation with his latest comments but come on. He's speaking in riddles now that we all understand, you don't need to be a genius to work it out. Is he out of order? Yes, it should of been discussed behind closed doors, but how can you discuss something and someone when you have got no respect coming back the other way, he knows he's gone whether it be now or end of the season and he's thought "Fuck it"

The club is rotten and it starts at the top.

laura90 and drog.ba like this