The Conte Thread

18 hours ago, the wes said:

Chelsea have tasked head scout Scott McLachlan with filling the hole left by former technical director Michael Emenalo, according to reports

http://metro.co.uk/2017/12/24/chelsea-appoint-temporary-replacement-michael-emenalo-7183104/?ito=cbshare

Yeah only just read that myself. I'm just hoping that him and Granny have Conte in on their meetings and give him a veto.

Though we won the game today, I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting to watch a home game against a promoted team with 7 defensive players + our goalkeeper. If we were more ambitious we would have blown them away. Brighton just lacked any real quality to punish out inept 1st half. A better team would have taken some points off us today.

What is wrong with him this season? Why so negative. Okay we're not competing for the title but at least lets see some ambition. 

11 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Though we won the game today, I'm sure I'm not alone in not wanting to watch a home game against a promoted team with 7 defensive players + our goalkeeper. If we were more ambitious we would have blown them away. Brighton just lacked any real quality to punish out inept 1st half. A better team would have taken some points off us today.

What is wrong with him this season? Why so negative. Okay we're not competing for the title but at least lets see some ambition. 

What did you think was the difference between the first half and second today? Conte didn't change anything at HT and yet we looked far more threatening after the break.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

What did you think was the difference between the first half and second today? Conte didn't change anything at HT and yet we looked far more threatening after the break.

I think it was the early goal we scored. Burnley had to be a bit more proactive after that and it left a bit more space for us to play. 

11 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I think it was the early goal we scored. Burnley had to be a bit more proactive after that and it left a bit more space for us to play. 

Maybe. But then again, even when we have scored early like in previous home games, we still played at a pedestrian pace - e.g. the wins over Swansea, Bournemouth.

22 minutes ago, Jason said:

Maybe. But then again, even when we have scored early like in previous home games, we still played at a pedestrian pace - e.g. the wins over Swansea, Bournemouth.

We need to start with more attacking players. There are too many limited players in that XI we started. It's been a while we actually went for a 3-4-3 with Hazard, Morata and Pedro. I want to see that next game 

We don't have a big enough squad to decide how we want to play game after game. Pedro and Willian played 4 straight games in short window of time.

Conte is managing the squad, we just don't have the squad depth to play the way you think is acceptable against smaller teams.

We have more defenders than we have attackers right now, look at the squad what else could be done to rectify this?

He most definitely changed something. Bakayoko was basically a secondary striker today. The shape looked like 3-2-5, Moses and Alonso were basically wingers not wingbacks.

1649483_Chelsea.jpg

We had an excellent reaction in the second half and it showed in the final score.

10 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

We don't have a big enough squad to decide how we want to play game after game. Pedro and Willian played 4 straight games in short window of time.

Conte is managing the squad, we just don't have the squad depth to play the way you think is acceptable against smaller teams.

We have more defenders than we have attackers right now, look at the squad what else could be done to rectify this?

Pedro and Willian played 4 straight games in short window of time. So has Hazard, no? Besides those two players are squad players.They've gone through stretches were they haven't played for weeks. I see no reason why they should be as fatigued as actual first XI players like Hazard, Kante and Cesar. It's just a cheap excuse.

Face it Conte is a defense first manager at heart. We're not the only ones with a small squad. Liverpool and Spurs are blowing the weaker teams away because they have attack minded managers 

This story about "negative tactics" is blown out of the proportion.

Moses is nowadays considered to be defensive player, really? Man played 90% of his career as a winger, his main strengths are speed, dribbling and stamina, and now we are considering him "defender" because he plays slightly different role in team? Maybe he is not the brightest player in the world in final third, but to call him defensive player is like calling Cuadrado defensive player and of course whole Juve's team because he plays on the wing. I guess then Verratti is too a defensive player, he plays in defensive midfielder role?

I agree that Conte should sometimes try to deploy Fabregas in the two-man midfield against lesser opponents, at least from the half time if result is 0-0, but let's not get carried away. Fabregas in the middle with Pedro/Willian on the wing could bring whole another set of problems, against any decent team, not just top 6. That's not anywhere near enough reason to call on Conte's head for.

Pedro and Willian played 4 straight games in short window of time. So has Hazard, no? Besides those two players are squad players.They've gone through stretches were they haven't played for weeks. I see no reason why they should be as fatigued as actual first XI players like Hazard, Kante and Cesar. It's just a cheap excuse.
Face it Conte is a defense first manager at heart. We're not the only ones with a small squad. Liverpool and Spurs are blowing the weaker teams away because they have attack minded managers 

Can you ever justify dropping our most important attacker?

You sound like someone who hasn't played at all. 4 games in 12 days is without doubt A LOT of football and it's shown in both
of their performances of late.

And no he's not defensive he works with what he is given. We don't have a brilliant attacking team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk