The Conte Thread

36 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Talking about the past won't change the now or future. Conte is the future and this should be our focus. Anyway, change of topic, would you lot rather he won the Euros or lost to Spain and gets to business with the club asap? 

Selfishly - I want him to come home early, but it might knock his confidence - it's a tough call :(

Comments of Capo One-Ireland 1-0 Italy

The defeat suffered at the hands of Ireland is Antonio Conte’s first in a competitive match with Italy. It was an inconsequential loss that did not change the standings in the group, but the Azzurri need to forget about it as soon as possible because, starting from tomorrow, the focus needs to be on Spain: “To be honest, I have no complaints with our performance,” commented the Italy head coach, “it was a very physical game on a pitch which was not in the best of shape.” Conte made eight changes from the game against Sweden, a move which allowed him to assess those who played less in the first two games and think about alternative solutions for the round of 16: “I got the responses I was looking for, we conceded the goal when it seemed that we might take the lead. Now we have to recuperate ahead of Spain.”On the 27th June, the Azzurri will face Spain in Saint Denis in a replay of the Euro 2012 final which saw Italy ship four goals to La Roja. Spain also overcame the Group E winners in Euro 2008: “The lads are doing everything that they have to do”, said Conte at the press conference, “Hard work is in our DNA and we have to carry on doing what we’re doing and not let ourselves get nervous. The primary aim was to get to the last 16, now we’re playing against one of the favourites. If we played the match on paper, there’d be no contest but luckily there’s the pitch. We remember where we started from and we won’t be too worried but we need to approach Spain in the same way we approached Belgium who also seemed stronger than us. It’s certainly strange to win the group and find ourselves in the same half of the draw as Spain, Germany and France .”The game could have had a different outcome if Insigne’s shot had not hit the post a few minutes before Brady’s goal. Napoli’s attacking midfielder made his debut at this European Championship and proved that he can be a decisive influence when coming off the bench: “I made my contribution, I wanted to score but unfortunately I didn’t manage it. We had some bad luck but we gave our all on a pitch which was in very poor condition. We’re gutted about conceding the goal and losing the game but we now have to look ahead and focus on Spain. We gave our all today and we have no complaints with our performance.

VivoAzzuro

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, Captain Ahmed said:

Deal with this Capo One is that the deal is Capo One and Capo One is the deal

Is not correct in both English and Italian. It would simply be "il capo" as in "the boss" or simply "boss" You don't go around saying "the boss one." It's just weird and incorrect.
After all just calling him Conte is fine. :)