The Conte Thread

How our board cannot assess a situation that keeps repeating itself tells me that it is being run by idiots. Point blank. No other way to put it. 

Some self assessment would be more than welcome.

Conte in my opinion is the best, and closest thing we've had to overhauling our style of play, and getting us closest to that "beautiful football" that Roman wants. Now the issue is Roman and his board not willing to spend, or spend correctly and give the man who can makes his dream come true, the tools to work with. 

It is extremely difficult to support this club at times. I can't not support, and I can't not watch, but why should I if the club keeps betraying us as fans over and over? 

3 minutes ago, Thor said:

It is extremely difficult to support this club at times. I can't not support, and I can't not watch, but why should I if the club keeps betraying us as fans over and over? 

I've been wrestling with this since 2015.

We, the fans, always ask this stupid questions "Why is X out of the squad?", "Was Y dropped?", thinking those players might get mad and stuff like this.

Well who the fuck really cares if they get mad? I surely don't and I hope Conte starts to drop them usual suspects gradually and do things his way even though some at the club don't want to let him do it that way.

But for as long as he's here still I would love him to get really mad and stop being the nice guy. Maybe sometimes an iron hand is exactly what you need to put things in order.

Really important win. Credit for player to play with such commitment, determination and willingness to winning this match.

Is it just me or not, it seems trio midfield of kante, baka and fabregas play much better. Eventhough i know mourinho team tonight almost just sitback and waiting, not really try to press our midfield. But to see our midfield improve much not as bad as before, its really pleased me

High-flying United 1 point ahead of disaster-season Chelsea :lol::lol::lol:Says everything about the level they're still at. This'll make it what, 4 seasons in a row of them being the new Arsenal? One more season and that's a whole half-decade of being a nothing team. Manchester United. Never thought it'd happen so soon in my lifetime.

38 minutes ago, dimmas said:

Really important win. Credit for player to play with such commitment, determination and willingness to winning this match.

Is it just me or not, it seems trio midfield of kante, baka and fabregas play much better. Eventhough i know mourinho team tonight almost just sitback and waiting, not really try to press our midfield. But to see our midfield improve much not as bad as before, its really pleased me

Yes, I believe we should have a midfield 3 every game, and considering we aren't great at crossing the ball (or any play up-field really), why have 3 forwards? Just Morata + Hazard is enough up there, especially in a system where they're supposed to be supported by wing backs. This should absolutely be our formation for the season instead of being copy-cats of last year. This also means a fresh Pedro to come off the bench more often, which can only be good in my opinion, which further marginalises Willian (hopefully).

19 minutes ago, Leif said:

Yes, I believe we should have a midfield 3 every game, and considering we aren't great at crossing the ball (or any play up-field really), why have 3 forwards? Just Morata + Hazard is enough up there, especially in a system where they're supposed to be supported by full backs. This should absolutely be our formation for the season instead of being copy-cats of last year. This also means a fresh Pedro to come off the bench more often, which can only be good in my opinion, which further marginalises Willian (hopefully).

3:5:2 if we had great attacking wingbacks would be good. But right now, I can see teams figure us out since we dont have proper width. Just stack midfield and we are done (exactly what city did).

As for Conte, I hope he stays, but I can see serious disagreement with the board over transfer business, potentialy leading to Conte departure on his own or due to bad results.

10 minutes ago, LAB said:

Dodged the sack gracefully. We need to work on our game vs high-pressing sides. Utd were happy to sit back most of the game today. Big mistake by Jose, he should have known better.

Think saying they sat back for most of the game doesn't do our performance any justice. They had their moments to go forward, before the last 5-10 minutes onslaught, but we just didn't allow them to. We were winning the 50-50s, pressing them, winning individual battles, showing plenty of movement to drag them about etc. It wasn't anything like the FA Cup game last season.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think saying they sat back for most of the game doesn't do our performance any justice. They had their moments to go forward, before the last 5-10 minutes onslaught, but we just didn't allow them to. We were winning the 50-50s, pressing them, winning individual battles, showing plenty of movement to drag them about etc. It wasn't anything like the FA Cup game last season.

Sure we did all that and i am aware of our great performance, but Utd is not a high pressing team. It would be great to see more of the same vs Liverpool.