The Conte Thread

During the press conference something very strange happened just now.
Conte was asked why Cahill started on the right of the 3 CBs against Roma. And he replied he doesn’t want to answer that question but everyone that needs to understand, does understand.
Then a different journalist asked if he will play on the right again. Conte said and I quote “no no, he is very good player on the left. We won a league with GC in this position. I don’t understand why we have to try again to put him on the right. But this is a good question (sounding sarcastic in the last bit)”
Asked if that is Conte admitting it was a mistake to play Cahill on the right Conte said “maybe, maybe but I think Cahill can play on the right and on the left but the best position for him in my opinion is on the left. But sometimes misunderstandings can happen but then it’s important to clarify the situation.” Then asked if Cahill will play on Sunday, Conte said and in my opinion sounding very sarcastic “Yhyhyh, for sure Cahill will play” Like that is strange why would he say that so openly?
And was he told from above to play Cahill on the right against Roma? Cause he wouldn’t answer why he did that but said straight up that Cahill will play on Sunday? I am so confused. It doesn’t make any sense.

I am having non of this board talk. We have won all the games Cahill has not started this season, keeping 6 clean sheets and the games include Spurs game were we were very unfortunate to concede an on goal. Dude keeps making same mistakes thats not on the board. The board doesnt pick a Bakayoko Fabregas midfield that has not worked all season. The board doesnt change a winning team to accommodate Cahill, the board doesn't bring on Willian instead of an actual striker against Man City making us lose our shape completely. The board doesn't wait till the 60th minute to make a substitution when clearly something is wrong like on Tuesday.   

During the press conference something very strange happened just now.
Conte was asked why Cahill started on the right of the 3 CBs against Roma. And he replied he doesn’t want to answer that question but everyone that needs to understand, does understand.
Then a different journalist asked if he will play on the right again. Conte said and I quote “no no, he is very good player on the left. We won a league with GC in this position. I don’t understand why we have to try again to put him on the right. But this is a good question (sounding sarcastic in the last bit)”
Asked if that is Conte admitting it was a mistake to play Cahill on the right Conte said “maybe, maybe but I think Cahill can play on the right and on the left but the best position for him in my opinion is on the left. But sometimes misunderstandings can happen but then it’s important to clarify the situation.” Then asked if Cahill will play on Sunday, Conte said and in my opinion sounding very sarcastic “Yhyhyh, for sure Cahill will play” Like that is strange why would he say that so openly?
And was he told from above to play Cahill on the right against Roma? Cause he wouldn’t answer why he did that but said straight up that Cahill will play on Sunday? I am so confused. It doesn’t make any sense.

I think he played Cahill on the right so that Azpi could help him, and Rüdiger on the left to compensate for Alonso's slowness. Perhaps he just didn't want to say publicly that it was a tactical attempt to cover his flaws by playing him closer to a superior defender.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Just now, manpe said:

I think he played Cahill on the right so that Azpi could help him, and Rüdiger on the left to compensate for Alonso's slowness. Perhaps he just didn't want to say publicly that it was a tactical attempt to cover his flaws by playing him closer to a superior defender.

We all know that Azpi is a terrible wingback. We have actually never won a game his started at wingback. Go figure 

We all know that Azpi is a terrible wingback. We have actually never won a game his started at wingback. Go figure 
Terrible WB or not, he's still a far superior defender.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

Terrible WB or not, he's still a far superior defender.

Not this season. His been very average. He has even been dropped from the Spain squad because of his performances of late. Tactically Conte has been shocking all season, his actually not gotten any single game correct all season, that Atletico result is proving to be a fluke each passing week. 

40 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

We beat Watford like a week ago with Azpi as a wingback and he scored for a 3:2.

8 minutes ago, Vybzkartel said:

If  I remember correctly he had to be moved to accommodate Zappacosta because we were trash with him at RWB??

Zappacosta came on only for final five minutes and even then Azpilicueta stayed on the pitch as a wingback. And, of course, has scored from a wingback position.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I think you will find quite the opposite. I think it's more a case of an observation on results, player performances and just an overall pattern of what's happened in the past with managers.

I mean, the players won't get sacked will they?

Nah...they ain't gonna get the sack...its just case of how people cannot envisage from the start what we are currently passing through thanks to our piss poor summer window...though not all boards fault for our lack of results conte partly to blame as well....playing willian Cahill fabregas and those past it players...but then no great options...anyway I believe and hope conte turn it around and we start getting results...

Conte had the balls to drop Ivanović, to drop Terry, to drop Fabregas. Conte had balls to make Alonso and Luiz our first XI players, and that worked well last season. Conte had balls to reinvent Victor Moses into RWB. Conte had balls to change our whole system, multiple times (first to 4-1-4-1/4-3-3 if I recall correctly, after that 3-4-3). And now you are telling me that he isn't tactically sound, that he doesn't know how to react?

He changed that last season because it was obvious we need to change formation to fade out old unusable players (Oscar, Ivanović), especially after we brought Alonso and Luiz, both tailor made for 3-4-3. Conte obviously has reasons not to change formation now, it's not like there is general truth about what team should we play. Ok, maybe he should've generate our defense a bit better, but I don't remember any time this season we being comfortable at the back at all, maaaybe against lesser opponents, and he gave chance to lot of our players at the back. Fabregas and Bakayoko as midfield two... well, maybe Drinky would be better, yes, but I doubt it would be by big margin.

He is actually trying 3-5-2, trying 3-4-3, trying different approaches in defense, but I am sure that if our players were good enough, some set up would be successful by now this season.

So yes, we can criticize Conte too, but thinking that any of our shits are his fault and thinking that he needs sacking are pure delusion. Antonio Conte is the least of our problems. HE is the main reason we've won league last season. If we are gonna place our bets on someone - it should be on him.

56 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yeah don't think it's a case of lost the team just a case of the team ain't that good. Know won the league last season but there were still times when it was a bit iffy 

Still about are we Layla :lol: