The Conte Thread

16 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

I don't think our short corners are that ineffective. Pedro scored from a short corner recently and i can remember several times where Fabregas and Hazard created good opportunities from short corners. 

I actually prefer short corner's, how often are genuine chances created from corners straight into the box? I never worry when we concede one nor get exicted when we win one. When was the last time we conceded from a corner that was launched straight into the box? Think it was Conte's first match incharge vs West Ham.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I actually prefer short corner's, how often are genuine chances created from corners straight into the box? I never worry when we concede one nor get exicted when we win one. When was the last time we conceded from a corner that was launched straight into the box? Think it was Conte's first match incharge vs West Ham.

Same. Especially when it's Hazard and Cesc taking them because they're so unpredictable with the ball. Less likely for the ball to bounce in a freakish way off someone's head and launching our opponents into a counter attack. Most importantly, it immedietly puts the ball at the feet of our most dangerous players rather than hoping a cross connects with one of our guys.

After listening to Contes comments complaining about how we are training 70% less than last season, I think that is what is causing the inconsistency in our play.

Conte's style is to train and force down patterns of play into the players, till the master all the patterns and way to play in all given situations. But unfortunately, we have only 2 days training sessions compared to the 4-5 days we used to have last season. So conte no longer has the time to train the players to prepare for all situations (absorbing pressing pressure, defending, attacking, control or counters) so it is more instinct from the players this season, when it used to be drilled in training last season.

Maybe Conte should abandon training on the 3-5-2 for now and use just the 3-4-3 which most of the players are already accustomed to, so that we can master one formation first even if it has its disadvantages. 

And that's how you know our players aren't good enough, generally. The very best players barely even need instruction, and it is their instinct which makes them world class, the likes of Xabi Alonso, Puyol, Terry, Suarez. You could've banned them from training and they'd still turn in top performances most games. I don't like that our players are more like boys than men.

Edit: To elaborate - Even when the coach is trying to instil very particular routines into the team, the very best players can miss those lessons, come into the game next week, and through their own intelligence figure out after 5 minutes of play what sort of runs, tempo & such his teammates are using. Great players study the game, and play games in their mind even on rest days. Our players don't seem to take that sort of initiative. If they did, we'd know about it. There certainly are players, young ones too, mainly in the other leagues, who show in their performances that they understand all the fundamentals of all the positions on the pitch. They help their teammates by understanding their teammates. By watching, listening, copying, complimenting. Does Cahill understand Morata? Does Alonso understand Azpilicueta? I don't think so.

They're not all hopeless though. Some of our players don't lack that deep understanding: Fabregas, Pedro, Azpilicueta. They see the whole game; 2 of them are simply past it physically.

3 hours ago, Leif said:

And that's how you know our players aren't good enough, generally. The very best players barely even need instruction, and it is their instinct which makes them world class, the likes of Xabi Alonso, Puyol, Terry, Suarez. You could've banned them from training and they'd still turn in top performances most games. I don't like that our players are more like boys than men.

Edit: To elaborate - Even when the coach is trying to instil very particular routines into the team, the very best players can miss those lessons, come into the game next week, and through their own intelligence figure out after 5 minutes of play what sort of runs, tempo & such his teammates are using. Great players study the game, and play games in their mind even on rest days. Our players don't seem to take that sort of initiative. If they did, we'd know about it. There certainly are players, young ones too, mainly in the other leagues, who show in their performances that they understand all the fundamentals of all the positions on the pitch. They help their teammates by understanding their teammates. By watching, listening, copying, complimenting. Does Cahill understand Morata? Does Alonso understand Azpilicueta? I don't think so.

They're not all hopeless though. Some of our players don't lack that deep understanding: Fabregas, Pedro, Azpilicueta. They see the whole game; 2 of them are simply past it physically.

Very correct. Its down to the quality of our players really. Mourinho is known to be terrible at orchestrating attacking patterns, but his madrid team (especially in his second season) was an absolute joy to watch (121 goals in the league alone) and it was down to the quality of players in attack and nothing else. Ronaldo, Ozil, Young Benzema and Higuain is a fearsome front four and we've never had that number of quality players at the same time in attack.

Lmao ridiculous press conference, barely any mention to Bournemouth instead asking stupid questions on Carlo Ancelotti & Steve Holland lmao! If anything this is Juve-Conte lashing out at the fabrications. They were so desperate to talk about Carlo they even speculated on Carlo to Everton :lol:

Meanwhile Klopp is apparently under no pressure. You'll never see them attack him like that. It was that c*** Simon Johnson as well the bald headed ****tard. I don't understand how these maniacs sleep at night. Basking in another man's supposed misfortunes. 

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

I think he is losing it. 

Pressure getting to him. 

Why does Conte speaking his mind gotta be associated with pressure getting to him? He may have used a swearword but at no point during the press conference he lost his composure. It was a measured response to what the media have been reporting and quite frankly, don't we all feel the same way about those rumours as well? And if you have read his quotes or watched the presser, you'll know he was more upset about Steve Holland getting dragged into this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/27/antonio-conte-report-carlo-ancelotti-chelsea-return

“There is a lot of bullshit,” Conte said. “If I see the past it happened the same with a lot of managers. A lot of bullshit. They try to create problems between me, the club and the players. If someone is happy to continue to write this, I answer very well in the past. I am answering very well about these different issues.”

A club spokesman interrupted to dismiss a report about Conte’s players texting Holland, who left Chelsea to become England’s assistant manager full time last year. Holland is said to be furious and has contacted Conte to clear the air. But Conte, who added that he often speaks to Ancelotti, had more to get off his chest after the official’s intervention.

“This is a lack of respect,” Conte said. “I can accept to write the club is ready to sack me and the story with the players. I can accept this but to put another person in this way, I think this is incorrect and it is not good that this person has to send me a message to tell me: ‘I am sorry but this is not true, I am sorry, if you want to do an interview, I am ready.’ Why put another person in this bullshit? If you want to hit me, hit me. This is incorrect and I hate this type of situation.”

13 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Meanwhile Klopp is apparently under no pressure. You'll never see them attack him like that. It was that c*** Simon Johnson as well the bald headed ****tard. I don't understand how these maniacs sleep at night. Basking in another man's supposed misfortunes. 

Sad but true, lfc is always a victim.