The Conte Thread

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

This is nowhere near as bad as the Jose saga, we have to lose the next seven league games for thing's to be that bad, statistically at least. 

I think this player's downing tools thing is fantasy, the reason it went wrong under Jose was because he pushed the player's to the point of mental exhaustion with his intense behavior (and believe me, you can't give your best with a poor mental state no matter how hard you try). This season however it's a combination of many thing's, poor tactics by Antonio, injury's, player's off form, wingbacks getting found out. Unfortunately there does seem to be some truth in the player's not being happy with Conte but i certainly don't think they will start throwing games.

I can only pray you are right. I will seriously lose my shit if this is the start of players downing tools. I wrote the previous post aftsr stewing on our first half performance. I did see some fight still in the lads.

14 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

If the players were trying to get Conte sacked then we would have lost the last 2 games. It's not power play that's going on. There's still fight in this team.

We just have a small squad hit with injuries that has a lot of average players and the system no longer masks that.

14 hours ago, Tomo said:

This is nowhere near as bad as the Jose saga, we have to lose the next seven league games for thing's to be that bad, statistically at least. 

I think this player's downing tools thing is fantasy, the reason it went wrong under Jose was because he pushed the player's to the point of mental exhaustion with his intense behavior (and believe me, you can't give your best with a poor mental state no matter how hard you try). This season however it's a combination of many thing's, poor tactics by Antonio, injury's, player's off form, wingbacks getting found out. Unfortunately there does seem to be some truth in the player's not being happy with Conte but i certainly don't think they will start throwing games.

11 hours ago, DDA said:

I can only pray you are right. I will seriously lose my shit if this is the start of players downing tools. I wrote the previous post aftsr stewing on our first half performance. I did see some fight still in the lads.

It's tough to say at the moment whether the players are still fighting for Conte or they are not downing tools. Statistically, we are not as bad as we were in 2015/16 but let's not forget, there were few times that season where we performed okay, got a positive result and thought things were on the up again, only to see it all went horribly wrong in the subsequent games. We may have fought back in the last 2 games to get a result but I would be wary about it.

18 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

If the players were trying to get Conte sacked then we would have lost the last 2 games. It's not power play that's going on. There's still fight in this team.

We just have a small squad hit with injuries that has a lot of average players and the system no longer masks that.

Yeah agree with that. Think more a case of we're just bad at the moment then anything else but everyone knew it would happen soon as the window closed and seemed a bit ah. We've signed who?!

Just annoys me when that excuse is rolled out as has been before. For the reason it isn't a excuse! Or least shouldn't be everytime cracks appear. Don't wana play for the manager go play for someone else. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

It's tough to say at the moment whether the players are still fighting for Conte or they are not downing tools. Statistically, we are not as bad as we were in 2015/16 but let's not forget, there were few times that season where we performed okay, got a positive result and thought things were on the up again, only to see it all went horribly wrong in the subsequent games. We may have fought back in the last 2 games to get a result but I would be wary about it.

Im not sure, the only decent performances i can recall was Kiev away, Arsenal at home and to an extent West Brom away.  Porto, Tel Aviv, Walsall, Norwich and especially Villa we won because of how bad they were more than anything else.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

I honestly don't remember a lot of positive results in the 2015-2016 season. There were a number of games where the performance was good-ish and it looked like we were going to get a positive result only to concede late and leave with 1 or no points.

On 10/17/2017 at 2:41 PM, Tomo said:

if i followed other leagues like i use too i could probably earmark a few, but i don't

If you followed other leagues you would know that we dont have many options like we had 5-10 years ago. We will rue the day Conte leaves Chelsea, for a very very long time.

7 hours ago, Jason said:

It is disturbing that Klopp continues a free pass from the media despite all the mess at Liverpool (and he has been there for 2 years!) while Conte's job is on the line after 2 losses. :doh:

Answer is very simple. Board at Chelsea are ready with their chopping tools when it comes to Manager evaluation despite the fact that those tools should be used on them. Media looks at us as short term success while the others are looked upon as long term "Project".

The media will always have a day out when it comes to us because we can sell their shitty stuff... What would make better headline : Conte sacked after winning the title in his first year or Klopp sacked. Take your pick :) 

2 hours ago, coolhead23 said:

Answer is very simple. Board at Chelsea are ready with their chopping tools when it comes to Manager evaluation despite the fact that those tools should be used on them. Media looks at us as short term success while the others are looked upon as long term "Project".

The media will always have a day out when it comes to us because we can sell their shitty stuff... What would make better headline : Conte sacked after winning the title in his first year or Klopp sacked. Take your pick :) 

Don't want to 'sack' Klopp? Fine. But where is the scrutiny? We all know Wenger, for example, won't be going anywhere and yet every time he loses, the media criticize and scrutinize him. Where's that treatment for Klopp? He has been getting away with things rather lightly and worst of all, I've even seen pundits give excuses that Klopp needs another summer transfer window to sort things out. If he hasn't even sort out the mess at Liverpool since he has been there, what makes them think he'll do it in one window? Has shown no indication that he's willing to sell the rubbish lot or capable of buying wisely.

On top of that, the media continue to over-exaggerate our penchant for sacking managers. Sure, we have sacked a number of them over the years but we usually give them time to turn things around. We do not sack managers after just 2-3 losses. Scolari was sacked only in February. AVB in March. Ancelotti at the end of the season. Even Mourinho, despite months and months of bad shit, survived until December. Pundits, journalists have also tended to ignore that most of the sackings were justified. You could maybe argue a case for Ancelotti but Scolari, AVB, RDM and Mourinho got what's coming and the first 3 there haven't done anything of note ever since, which speaks volume. Saw talks of Conte getting the boot had we lost to Watford and that is just rubbish. Unless things spiral out of control, us slipping down all the way to the relegation zone etc, Conte will remain till end of the season at the very least.

38 minutes ago, Jason said:

Don't want to 'sack' Klopp? Fine. But where is the scrutiny? We all know Wenger, for example, won't be going anywhere and yet every time he loses, the media criticize and scrutinize him. Where's that treatment for Klopp? He has been getting away with things rather lightly and worst of all, I've even seen pundits give excuses that Klopp needs another summer transfer window to sort things out. If he hasn't even sort out the mess at Liverpool since he has been there, what makes them think he'll do it in one window? Has shown no indication that he's willing to sell the rubbish lot or capable of buying wisely.

On top of that, the media continue to over-exaggerate our penchant for sacking managers. Sure, we have sacked a number of them over the years but we usually give them to turn things around. We do not sack managers after just 2-3 losses. Scolari was sacked only in February. AVB in March. Ancelotti at the end of the season. Even Mourinho, despite months and months of bad shit, survived until December. Pundits, journalists have also tended to ignore that most of the sackings were justified. You could maybe argue a case for Ancelotti but Scolari, AVB, RDM and Mourinho got what's coming and the first 3 there haven't done anything of note ever since, which speaks volume. Saw talks of Conte getting the boot had we lost to Watford and that is just rubbish. Unless things spiral out of control, us slipping down all the way to the relegation zone etc, Conte will remain till end of the season at the very least.

I get what you say but you're not getting the point ... No one really cares about Klopp & Liverpool currently. They have been on the decline & now steady at one point ... Klopp was suppose to the savior when he came in but with 2 seasons of mediocrity and bad transfer windows no one cares about him or them. Hence he will always be under the radar unless he pulls up a major coup and then he will be the favor of the moment. Currently Chelsea provides all the meat for these hungry wolves so our managers will always be under the scanner until we're winning in one way or the other and also live cycle of our managers are too short which means everyone wants to bet how soon :). And as far as Wenger goes he just for the laughs for the media and fans alike. 

1 minute ago, coolhead23 said:

I get what you say but you're not getting the point ... No one really cares about Klopp & Liverpool currently. They have been on the decline & now steady at one point ... Klopp was suppose to the savior when he came in but with 2 seasons of mediocrity and bad transfer windows no one cares about him or them. Hence he will always be under the radar unless he pulls up a major coup and then he will be the favor of the moment. Currently Chelsea provides all the meat for these hungry wolves so our managers will always be under the scanner until we're winning in one way or the other and also live cycle of our managers are too short which means everyone wants to bet how soon :). And as far as Wenger goes he just for the laughs for the media and fans alike.

No, I totally get your point but what I'm disputing is the lack of consistency on the same issue from the media (not even sure why I'm surprised). No one cares about Klopp and Liverpool? These are the same lot that when they went on a good run, pundits and journalists were quick to jump on the bandwagon but now they are on a bad, hardly a word of criticism. Criticizing Klopp and Liverpool doesn't attract attention? Please. Have you seen the reaction from opposition fans towards them of late (or any time they go on a bad run?)? Other fans will be more than happy to gobble it up, just like others would with us.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

No, I totally get your point but what I'm disputing is the lack of consistency on the same issue from the media (not even sure why I'm surprised). No one cares about Klopp and Liverpool? These are the same lot that when they went on a good run, pundits and journalists were quick to jump on the bandwagon but now they are on a bad, hardly a word of criticism. Criticizing Klopp and Liverpool doesn't attract attention? Please. Have you seen the reaction from opposition fans towards them of late (or any time they go on a bad run?)? Other fans will be more than happy to gobble it up, just like others would with us.

:) Like I said, Klopp & Liverpool are not winning anything so media doesnt want to waste their time because they know at the end of the day they wouldnt be achieving anything. Yes there was a lot of hue and cry in the initial phases of Klopp's regime but now everyone has figured out just like with Arsenal. Imagine Klopp being Chelsea manager, a bad run of form the bets would had been in place and everyone would have made money on his sacking & the new manager. We're the media's punching bag and as I said we will always be under the scanner because we also feed them with lot of things to be criticized :)

Fans and Media, 2 different things ... in general, we (fans) dont voice our opinions to get paid while the media gets paid. 

19 minutes ago, coolhead23 said:

Fans and Media, 2 different things ... in general, we (fans) dont voice our opinions to get paid while the media gets paid. 

Oh the irony of that. Without the fans, the media wouldn't even be getting a single cent.

Very happy for him and loved his celebration after the third goal to bits. He is Juventus through and through and frankly I don't know how much of a Chelsea fan he is, but he sure did act like one, actually like most of us watching that third goal go in. For me he is the Chelsea fan on the bench.

Four matches before the break - pretty sure we can do the job against Everton and Bournemouth.

Then a draw in Rome would put us in the driving seat for the first place in our Champions League group and then if Conte can beat Mourinho at the Bridge then I think all this shit about crisis and sacking will be gone. Two-week break after the United game as well for all the players to be back fit again.