The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

We were not good against pressing under mourinho, but he was better than conte against big teams in terms of picking out results and finding a way to not get beat. Arsenal dominate us and beat us nowadays. Conte just doesnt know what to do against a press. I love conte but i know a weakness when i see one

You are right. With Mourinho, we get more assurance against the big teams - like making sure we will get at least a draw - while we don't get that under Conte. But on the other hand, you know with Mourinho, we wouldn't have seen some of the performances/results we saw under Conte - thrashing of United, double over City, win at Spurs or that dominant win at Atletico. Conte is more hit-and-miss but at least we'll be a tad more positive in our approach than just setting up to play for a draw.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

lol

Here we go again...

Wonder if the players have actually even tried speaking to Conte about the training schedule. I doubt he's unapproachable or unreasonable that the players can't talk to him about issues.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Wonder if the players have actually even tried speaking to Conte about the training schedule. I doubt he's unapproachable or unreasonable that the players can't talk to him about issues.

Knowing how much of a madman Conte is when it comes to training I wouldn't be surprised if he has our players doing the same stuff as he was last season but due to the much more hectic schedule they're being pushed too hard. If we had a huge squad filled with quality like the Manchester sides do or other elite sides in Europe it wouldn't be a problem because we'd be constantly rotating. We're forced to continue playing the same players match after match. 

Looks like it's going to get worse now because Bakayoko and Luiz appear to be injured. 

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'd take out Alonso, put Azpi on the left and Rudi at right back, Marcos would be Bosingwa level tragic in a flat back 4. 

I agree but we just don’t have proper options at left back and I’d naturally like to see the team play more adventurously. Also, if Azpi is at left back I’d probably start Zappa.

Zappacosta Luiz Christensen Azpi back four seems quite solid. 

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I agree but we just don’t have proper options at left back and I’d naturally like to see the team play more adventurously. Also, if Azpi is at left back I’d probably start Zappa.

Zappacosta Luiz Christensen Azpi back four seems quite solid. 

Yup, this is what I would play if we ever did 4 at the back again. It's puzzling we haven't really addressed the LB situation since Cole left... we've had Filipe Luis, Bertrand, Baba, Alonso but somehow a right/centre-back is still our best LB.

And here comes the customary 'Chelsea collapse' We knew we would be competing for more and playing more games, this isn't something new to us. The squad depth should of been improved massively, instead we just fucking dicked around and now it's all 'Tiredness' and 'fatigue' No sympathy, sorry. Should of gotten our fucking fingers out in the summer and bought massively to over ride this happening.

Antonio Conte looks a broken man, and that display on Wednesday was horrific, even at 2-0.

The journos at the PC are pathetic. 

Asking him about the rumors players are unhappy with his training regime and if Mourinho annoys him. The guy next to him, who's with every manager at PCs (don't know his name), even he got annoyed by this question.

1 hour ago, Ledgi said:

Asking him about the rumors players are unhappy with his training regime and if Mourinho annoys him. The guy next to him, who's with every manager at PCs (don't know his name), even he got annoyed by this question.

Not surprised at all. Sky are really going for this Conte v Mourinho narrative with more ammunition this year, last year it was The Return for Mourinho which we ruined with that 4-0 win, so now they're going to make it Conte v Mourinho rather than Mourinho v Chelsea. 

Funny thing is the game is in 2 weeks and we've still got Watford, Everton, Bournemouth & Roma to go before then :lol:  

7 hours ago, Special Juan said:

And here comes the customary biennial 'Chelsea collapse' We knew we would be competing for more and playing more games, this isn't something new to us. The squad depth should of been improved massively, instead we just fucking dicked around and now it's all 'Tiredness' and 'fatigue' No sympathy, sorry. Should of gotten our fucking fingers out in the summer and bought massively to over ride this happening.

Antonio Conte looks a broken man, and that display on Wednesday was horrific, even at 2-0.

FTFY

Ridiculous how we're in a literal 2 year cycle now. Seems now that we've won 2 PLs they want Champions League glory again. And with the most successful CL manager of all time hovering around....

56 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

FTFY

Ridiculous how we're in a literal 2 year cycle now. Seems now that we've won 2 PLs they want Champions League glory again. And with the most successful CL manager of all time hovering around....

LOL so Chelsea wants win the CL with a rose of only 11/12 elements.Good luck.Next time a coach asks for reinforcements and to buy Lukaku, Alex Sandro, Llorente, etc ... better listen to him than buy Zappacosta and Drinkwater the last day.If Chelsea no longer believes in Conte exoneration will be better for Conte and the team.

2 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

FTFY

Funny how we have a bunch ex Chelsea managers available - Ancelotti, Grant, Di Matteo, Scolari (soon)...

4 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

FTFY

Even with the most successful CL manager...a team with no depth isn't going to make it to the latter stages of the competition. 

The last time we won it...we at least had 'known quality' in terms of Mikel, Meireles, Bertrand...guys who were capable of putting in a decent shift.

4 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

FTFY

There's not going to be a cycle anymore that includes a major title with the current Chelsea board. How are we going to keep up with the other big clubs unless they piss away their own opportunities (like Arsenal)?