The Conte Thread

Roman's the Wenger of owners, straight up.

Stop blaming everyone except the damn boss! Every season the man who should always be ultimately responsible goes untouched! Just like having a rich dad who has no concept of bonding, only of neglect

I don't even think he's close to the sack at this moment in time. Pick up 0 points against Watford and Bournemouth and I think he's a dead man walking and a change could be made to galvanize the squad before playing Roma again.

I hate to even speculate or think about it because I love Conte, but both Ancelotti and Tuchel are out there waiting for another big job. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

If we hire Ancelotti again, we can forget about winning the league in the coming seasons.

Hahaha, that may be true. It would just be such a Chelsea thing to do which is why I named him.

If Conte goes I hope our next manager is someone who plays aggressive, progressive, possession based football. I want us to take the game to teams rather than being reactive.

I just hope Conte can get us back on track. May not be possible with the injury list piling up.

9 hours ago, Strike said:

What I like is that whenever the team performs badly, regardless of the result, he comes out saying we need to do better. I genuinely think that the football played by the team is leaving Conte sleepless and he's working to find a strategy that works for this squad. That's the right attitude you want to see in a manager and I will back Conte for the next two seasons.

It would be a mistake to sack him 

Valid point but the novelty of taking responsibility can only work for so long. Gotta see the changes or improvement out on the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

If Conte goes I hope our next manager is someone who plays aggressive, progressive, possession based football. I want us to take the game to teams rather than being reactive.

We would probably have to revamp half of the squad to do that and is the board willing to spend 150-200 million for that to happen? I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

I don't even think he's close to the sack at this moment in time. Pick up 0 points against Watford and Bournemouth and I think he's a dead man walking and a change could be made to galvanize the squad before playing Roma again.

I hate to even speculate or think about it because I love Conte, but both Ancelotti and Tuchel are out there waiting for another big job. 

Even if we get someone new in problems won't go away. Be glossed over for a bit maybe but as usual they'll become clear eventually..same old same old.

Roman Abramovich ,Chelsea owner wanted exciting free moving football since the day he bought over Chelsea. Till now ,none of tht sort ,coach after coach. Same patterns ,all players like statues on the field, no understanding ,helping teammates, letting teammates know tht they are ready to accept the passing balls. Chelsea used the boring same method times after times, , kick left to right ,then right to left, kick back to the keeper, Then the keeper will kick the ball, and  it goes to the opponent. M City beat Chelsea by exposing this weakness. When pressed by Mcity, Chelsea  players were totally lost playing like amatuers They dnt know who to pass and what to do with the ball .Look at M City way of playing , Helping teammates by going to  open space where ball can be pass, always all around the player with the ball so tht the ball can be pass.Always running around to open spaces to receive the ball. For Chelsea its always indivudually or 2 man show. Chelsea can forget the league champion this season. Actually the team is not gelling, no coordination, many a times no understanding between players . 

You can now see why Conte wanted another striker in our squad, more precisely Llorente. The team struggles a lot when they are high pressured and are forced to send long balls, but there is no one, who can take 1st ball and direct it to the wings or to someone in the mid, in order to organise an attack. Tibo always tries to pass short to some of the defenders, but they are pressed and he has to give a long ball, Morata still struggles in these duels and can't win 1st ball and direct it correctly. Here comes someone like Llorente who can take a long pass, hold the ball for as long as he wants and direct the ball to his teammates. But no, our board know the best, they don't care about that they didn't bring the players that the coach wanted, because they know it's gonna be exactly the coach who will be blamed for the bad results, after that they can sack him and find another one. :) 

2 hours ago, Henrique said:

Ranieri also won a Premier League and he managed that with Leicester.

Conte is actually an ultra limited manager in terms of tactics.

I wouldnt say hes ultra limited with tactics, what ill say is he has a weakness that is so obvious to any small time manager in the world. Press his team and he has no answer.

Just like mourinho is so defensive against the top teams away from home, Just like Klopp cant fix his defensive issues, Just like wenger is naive against top teams, Conte is a failure against pressing teams. It took one year for others to figure that out but its happened. The pressing is why Conte wanted Llorente so bad... but our board had other ideas.

2 hours ago, King11Didier said:

You can now see why Conte wanted another striker in our squad, more precisely Llorente. The team struggles a lot when they are high pressured and are forced to send long balls, but there is no one, who can take 1st ball and direct it to the wings or to someone in the mid, in order to organise an attack. Tibo always tries to pass short to some of the defenders, but they are pressed and he has to give a long ball, Morata still struggles in these duels and can't win 1st ball and direct it correctly. Here comes someone like Llorente who can take a long pass, hold the ball for as long as he wants and direct the ball to his teammates. But no, our board know the best, they don't care about that they didn't bring the players that the coach wanted, because they know it's gonna be exactly the coach who will be blamed for the bad results, after that they can sack him and find another one. :) 

Indeed. He decided to let one of the best strikers in Europe leave to bring Llorente as replacement. 

Very wise indeed.

1 minute ago, Henrique said:

Indeed. He decided to let one of the best strikers in Europe leave to bring Llorente as replacement. 

Very wise indeed.

Morata is Costa's replacement. Llorente would have been Michy's.

1 hour ago, manpe said:

We were never good against pressing, not under Mourinho or anybody else. It has more to do with lack of quality than the coach.

We were not good against pressing under mourinho, but he was better than conte against big teams in terms of picking out results and finding a way to not get beat. Arsenal dominate us and beat us nowadays. Conte just doesnt know what to do against a press. I love conte but i know a weakness when i see one

3 hours ago, Henrique said:

Very wise indeed.

Wait...are people really blaming Conte for letting Costa leave? Are people are going to pretend like Costa hadn't been wanting to go back to Atletico or went AWOL after January this year?