test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

6,732 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

think he was talking of Juventus more than anything.  I dont think he'd be mad enough to publicly bash us almost.    

why use clubs though as in plural. Also immediately after our game.

Unionjack likes this

2 hours ago, It's too big said:

If he needs limitless amounts of money to win the league again, then don't bother. As soon as the league has gotten tough we're hearing this shite. It bores me when Jose does it, and it's boring me now. 

He should be showed crap players like Bakayoko and work with them even if he didn't want him. He is right in what he says, whats the fucking point of being the manager if you can't build your own squad. 

BlueLion. and Unionjack like this

10 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm so fuming right now. I'm pissed off at Conte, Morata and Bakayoko.

Conte for subbing off Hazard while we are looking to get all 3 points. 

Bakayoko for having a disgusting first half.

And Morata for being worse than Torres.

I'm so fuming right now. 1 win in SIX now against Arsenal.

Why does Hazard always get Ted subbed off?

He is one of the most durable players around. What makes it worse is that he rested him at the weekend specifically for this game.

Conte really is a fooking idiot.

I'm sorry for the guy. Hes obviously going thru some shit with whatever board members are directly connected to player transfers, Hes more used to dealing with a hands on sporting director and I doubt very much if Granny turns up in her casuals every day asking his advice. What we need is a proper sporting director, a previous head scout or something with experience in looking at talent and specifically to suit our team and manager. Its gotta be difficult for any of our managers whoever it is or will be.

If you remember he left Juve straight into pre season training because he was pissed at the transfer system and I can see him doing it with us. Hes already said hes more of a 'coach' with us and not a manager. Just like Mou Roman is stripping back the managers duties. Not the way I would run a club.

Conte: “I give my opinion to the club, I try to tell what are the roles we can improve — including on the numerical aspect because in some roles we don't have a couple of players or there is a young player that is not ready to play with the first team "

“If the club ask me some names I try to do this but then it's the club, it's the club that decides the name, the investment, which is the best player for the team.”

Spineless tactics, what the hell? We were creating chances for fun, and Wenger did certainly not "outwit" him or whatever. But you know, at the end of the day only wins matter, had he parked the bus and won 1-0 after an own goal, he'd be hailed as a tactical genius just like some other coaches. :)

kellzfresh, BlueLion. and Amblève. like this

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

He's trying to squeeze the board and rightly so, why shouldn't he ask for targets? He's the boss, he runs the team and now people want him to stay quiet? It looks like he maybe off in the summer and it's nothing short of criminal, but what is more criminal is this board will not do everything it can to get the targets of the manager. All these Conte noises have been going on for too long now for this to be an isolated incident, it's every time the window opens we hear more and more disconcerting noises from Antonio.

This board doesn't have a clue what they have in Antonio, but quite frankly I don't think they give a fuck.

Wankers.

Tatally agree with everything you said. Its not the manager we need to change its Romans yes men!

Yeah, anyone (here or on Twitter) criticizing Conte for his tactics are crazy. We have very clear personnel issues, not tactical or coaching ones. We are 2-3 signings away from being the best side in the league again. If our board are so tight with money and refuse to sign the necessary players for us to compete again, it's on them not Conte.

You can't be a "sell before we buy" club in this day and age when City, PSG, Madrid, Barca, United, and now even fucking Liverpool, are going out and spending literally whatever it takes to sign the players they really want.

Seriously, what must Conte have thought when he saw Liverpool's board go out and sign their managers #1 target before the transfer window even opened so he'd be ready to help them right away? Probably "must be nice to have a club that backs you."

United are nothing special this season and Liverpool and Spuds are breathing right down our necks. A couple of quality signings could really help lift the level of our team and solidify our position in the top 4.

Unionjack, kellzfresh and Fernando like this

Conte should not have shown the door to Matic and Costa in the first place. With Bakayoko and Morata as replacement, our team is weaker than last year. 

Tactically, I wasn't happy with his substitutions, they showed no ambition. Fabregas, playing well and the only one capable of linking up and feeding the front 2, taken off for a destroyer (Drinkwater) while the useless Bakayoko stayed on for the full match. Fabregas was even much better defensively than Baka (not hard to do). Subbing Drinks for Bakayoko would have made us more solid defensively and more potent offensively. Then the standard Willian for Hazard sub, taking off our only bright spark in attack, the one who won the equalizer by himself and who can pull off something brilliant any second. I don't like to see us so obviously playing for the draw when we had all the chances in the world to win it, reminds too much of Mourinho this. Would have probably won if Bakayoko had been subbed around half-time (or not started at all) and Fab stayed on.

It is true he has a pretty bad squad in general, but sometimes his decisions are questionable.

Unionjack likes this

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Tactically, I wasn't happy with his substitutions, they showed no ambition. Fabregas, playing well and the only one capable of linking up and feeding the front 2, taken off for a destroyer (Drinkwater) while the useless Bakayoko stayed on for the full match. Fabregas was even much better defensively than Baka (not hard to do). Subbing Drinks for Bakayoko would have made us more solid defensively and more potent offensively. Then the standard Willian for Hazard sub, taking off our only bright spark in attack, the one who won the equalizer by himself and who can pull off something brilliant any second. I don't like to see us so obviously playing for the draw when we had all the chances in the world to win it, reminds too much of Mourinho this. Would have probably won if Bakayoko had been subbed around half-time (or not started at all) and Fab stayed on.

It is true he has a pretty bad squad in general, but sometimes his decisions are questionable.

Only reason I can think of for Conte taking off Fabregas is he was already on a yellow card and he needed someone on a clean slate to help see out the game without risking getting a red card. Hazard's substitution is mystifying to say the least though. He intentionally rested him against Stoke at the weekend for this game but doesn't play him for the full 90 minutes and it's the FA Cup next!

BlueLion. likes this

5 minutes ago, manpe said:

taken off for a destroyer (Drinkwater) while the useless Bakayoko stayed on for the full match.

6 minutes ago, manpe said:

Willian for Hazard sub,

Well its very obvious Conte really likes Baks and sees alot in him. And read early interviews saying that we had to give him as much playing time as poss to get him ready! But while he has shown signs of improvement he doesn't seem ready for full games yet.

I woulda swapped him at 1/2 time for Drinks. Not only a destroyer but hes quite a creative fella too. A Kante,Waterboy,Cescy 3 would be interesting. Or woulda subbd him for Pedro, Hes a good game changer for us and offers more directive force than Willi. IMHO 

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Well its very obvious Conte really likes Baks and sees alot in him. And read early interviews saying that we had to give him as much playing time as poss to get him ready! But while he has shown signs of improvement he doesn't seem ready for full games yet.

I woulda swapped him at 1/2 time for Drinks. Not only a destroyer but hes quite a creative fella too. A Kante,Waterboy,Cescy 3 would be interesting. Or woulda subbd him for Pedro, Hes a good game changer for us and offers more directive force than Willi. IMHO 

Imagien if one of Moratas chances had fallen to Pedro. We would have been talking about things entirely different today.

Unionjack likes this

13 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

why use clubs though as in plural. Also immediately after our game.

i know what you're saying, but that website are English speaking first and foremost, possible lost in translation.   By all accounts he wanted some big names at Juve, they said no; and if you remember he came out with his quote  "like dining at a 100 euro restaurant with only 10 euros"  in reference to Juve.  That also ties in with his austerity programme line

With regards to us, i think he was simply saying if you aim to get every one of your targets and dont, youre disappointed.  So just accept what happens. 

3 hours ago, BXL70 said:

Conte should not have shown the door to Matic and Costa in the first place. With Bakayoko and Morata as replacement, our team is weaker than last year. 

only costa. matic was a society decision and he said this many times

Times Exclusive: Chelsea want Diego Simeone to replace Antonio Conte as head coach if the Italian leaves at the ends of the season. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have no plans to sack Conte but, with issues over Chelsea's transfer policy and management structure, there is a widespread expectation at Stamford Bridge that both parties will come to a mutual agreement on his exit in the summer. #CFC

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have begun the process of looking at alternatives, with Diego Simeone top of their shortlist. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: Simeone was considered before Conte was appointed 2 years ago but was unwilling to leave before the club moved intheir new Wanda Metropolitano stadium at the start of the season. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: #Napoli coach Maurizio Sarri is also on Chelsea's shortlist after his outstanding work in taking them to the top of Serie A, while Allegri's pedigree in guiding #Juventus to 2 Champions League finals makes him a strong contender. #CFC #Atletico

Conte eyes Chelsea exit ‘at end of season’

Duncan Castles

October 1 2017, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

Homesick Blue: Antonio Conte seriously considered resigning during the summerHomesick Blue: Antonio Conte seriously considered resigning during the summer

Sources close to Antonio Conte have ­signalled his interest in leaving Chelsea at the end of this season, inviting leading Serie A clubs to bid for his services.His decision reflects the 48-year-old Italian’s long-standing dissatisfaction at the level of support he has received from Chelsea’s board. Conte seriously considered resigning his position as manager this summer despite leading the London club to the Premier League title in his first season. Disputes over ­Chelsea’s summer recruitment, the inaccessibility of Roman Abramovich and the owner’s senior executive Marina Granovskaia, as well as the promotion of academy players, were all important factors in Conte’s thinking.Conte repeatedly refused an offer to extend his contract, instead agreeing to a deal that increased his pay without extending his commitment to Chelsea beyond 2019. According to friends, only a severe financial penalty clause written into Conte’s original three-year contract dissuaded the former Juventus and Italy coach from walking out.Chelsea’s policy on managerial appointments has been to include a ­multimillion-pound “claw-back” clause to prevent them exiting the club against its will. The contract of Conte’s predecessor, Jose Mourinho, included a £20m ­termination penalty, with the Italian understood to have been bound by a similarly penal amount last summer.Should the Premier League-winning manager remain unswayed by this ­season’s events and execute the plan to leave Chelsea, Abramovich has the option of turning to one of his past appointments as a successor. Dismissed by Bayern Munich last week, Carlo ­Ancelotti has told friends that he would prefer his next position to be at a Premier League club.

Conte granted an interview to the ­Italian state broadcaster Radio 1 last week, stating that there was “not a doubt in my mind that I will be home before long”. He added: “I miss Italy, that’s beyond doubt, so once I have had some important and life-changing experiences, I will be back.”

1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Times Exclusive: Chelsea want Diego Simeone to replace Antonio Conte as head coach if the Italian leaves at the ends of the season. #CFC #Atletico

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have no plans to sack Conte but, with issues over Chelsea's transfer policy and management structure, there is a widespread expectation at Stamford Bridge that both parties will come to a mutual agreement on his exit in the summer. #CFC

Times Exclusive: Chelsea have begun the process of looking at alternatives, with Diego Simeone top of their shortlist. #CFC #Atletico

Diego Simeone's Son Claims Atletico Boss Will Make Italy Return With Inter

http://www.90min.com/posts/5937442-diego-simeone-s-son-claims-atletico-boss-will-make-italy-return-with-inter

So many different views but ith MOST saying Simeone is Manure bound

conti.jpg

14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

So many different views but ith MOST saying Simeone is Manure bound

conti.jpg

Honestly if Man United were to appoint another manager in the same/similar mould as Mourinho I think there fans would be incredibly pissed off 😂

I don’t think Simeone is going to manage here any time soon regardless of club and personally don’t fancy Max Allegri either, don’t think Juventus have gone up another level since Conte departed despite more financial backing in recent years (2 CL finals is an improvement in Europe but is there side actually that much better?). Sarri is a wild card option, Napoli are an absolutely brilliant footballing team but again do you think he’d get the backing and support? Or the time if things don’t go well? In all honestly I’d rather keep Conte for another year, see if he can get a bit more quality in and get closer to City who will be the title favourites again next season.

Unionjack likes this