The Conte Thread

6 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte says our performance was good. He adds both teams tried to win and in the end it was a 'good draw'. #CHEARS

Conte says he doesn't like to comment on the referee, but it is important to note what happened before David Luiz's tackle. #CHEARS

Conte says getting five red cards in eight matches is 'strange'. He adds we need to keep improving in every situation. #CHEARS

Conte says he was very happy with Morata's performance today, stressing he linked play up well. #CHEARS

Conte says Pedro wasn't 100% fit after getting a knock to his ankle in the first half, and that's why he took him off at half-time. #CHEARS

Conte says we started the game well but suffered a little after that against what he calls a 'really strong team'. #CHEARS (Strong team against you maybe?) <_<

Conte: 'Hazard played very well. Now on Wednesday he will have the possibility to start the game and complete his recovery.' #CHEARS

Conte says he hopes to be 'more lucky' with the referee's decisions in the future, for us and the opponent. #CHEARS (Maybe try to calm you players first?)

No real contact with reality. Sounds just like an arrogant Jose would.

Very strange.

He was bonkers today for one reason or another. Starting Cahill and Fabregas really got me hard. I was angry before the game even started when I saw those 2 in the starting line up. 

What feels like 3 points behind is actually 9. Anyone who points out it's only the beginning of the season need to look at United and City way above us and part of the blame should be send to Marina for her negotiating skills during the summer.

Few points I would like to make about the team selection

1) Bakayoko might still not be in 90 min condition as he's only recovering from injury, which also cut his pre-season to bare minimum. Hopefully he will have reached full fitness come October.

2) There was no defensive midfield cover on the bench besides Bakayoko. If Baka starts and gets injured, who are you going to throw onto the pitch? Drinkwater is still injured, after all.

3) Zappacosta only played his first game for Chelsea on Tuesday and might not yet be in the right condition for Conte to start in a big match.

4) I'm trying to find reasons for starting Cahill but I can't come up with any. Rudiger should have started.

5) It's better to take Hazard's recovery with caution rather than rush him back to starting lineup. Expect him to start at Stoke though.

Although I'm disappointed with the team selection I understand Conte's decision-making for now (except Cahill) considering the circumstances. There's bunch of new signings, some who are only still recovering from injury, and Hazard who's almost but not quite ready for 90 min Premier League action. However, if Conte continues to play Fabregas in a two-man midfield in the following months, and continues to let Cahill into the starting lineup even when Rudiger seems like the better player, then I'm going to be truly disappointed.

Simeone was going nuts trying to change the formation. A draw to Arsenal with Hazard, Bakayoko on the bench and this thread goes apeshit about he was found out by Wenger. Be consistent. He found out Simeone. 

This has to be the most humiliating defeat personally I've ever experienced at Stamford Bridge. And I've been actively supporting this club since 1997, the days of Zola, Poyet and Petrescu. I can't ever remember us looking so bad AND negative. For the 1st time and I'm totally disappointed in Conte and his approach. Even if we don't have the same level of technical players in our team, to try not to even press them is disgusting. 

Re: Conte and strange team selections.

Now that he's had to manage 17-18 players rather than the 13 that consistently played last season, Conte is yet to figure out how to manage the squad. I feel the squad can be rotated better. Particularly utilise Pedro, Zappacosta and Willian better. 

Also, tactically, teams know what to expect from Chelsea. I just get the feeling he needs to pull another ace out of somewhere or top 4 is the best the club could do this season

11 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

This has to be the most humiliating defeat personally I've ever experienced at Stamford Bridge. And I've been actively supporting this club since 1997, the days of Zola, Poyet and Petrescu. I can't ever remember us looking so bad AND negative. For the 1st time and I'm totally disappointed in Conte and his approach. Even if we don't have the same level of technical players in our team, to try not to even press them is disgusting. 

Worst tactical performance in a big game since the Atletico away semi final. Shocking stuff from Conte, genuinely can’t understand his dislike for Michy. I hope he’s learnt his lesson. 

Genuinely cant believe he set us up to play like the away team today. Such an embarrassing performance. Gave City way too much respect. This is a huge result for them. 

6 minutes ago, Strike said:

Re: Conte and strange team selections.

Now that he's had to manage 17-18 players rather than the 13 that consistently played last season, Conte is yet to figure out how to manage the squad. I feel the squad can be rotated better. Particularly utilise Pedro, Zappacosta and Willian better. 

Also, tactically, teams know what to expect from Chelsea. I just get the feeling he needs to pull another ace out of somewhere or top 4 is the best the club could do this season

How has he not managed the squad better? He hasn't played the same XI for every game, has he? The main issue is our squad lacks quality, like proper genuine quality and Conte chopping and changing the XI is not going to hide that. You look at our strikeforce - take Morata off and we're left with Batshuayi. The attacking players of Hazard, Willian, Pedro hardly scream world class as a whole. Then we have average WBs and somewhat dodgy midfielders, especially when going forward.