test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,086 posts in this topic

I agree with @kellzfresh. I would add the fact that our three best players have been injured at some point this season so far. We couldn´t cope with Hazards injury and lacked a lot of attcking quality in the first few games without him. I bet we wouldn´t have lost to Burnley with him on the field. 

Also, its laughable that the media slated Conte and Chelsea for having a nightmare of a season so far, but ignoring the fact that we are only one point shy of their beloved darlings. 

23 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Looking at the table, the only major blip we had was losing to crystal palace. Our other losses were understandable( We had a red card at burnley, Mancity were better than us) if we won palace, we would have had 25 points, comfortably second and well in the title race (6 points behind) waiting for mancity to lose some form (they've already hit their peak performance wise and can only go down from here) 

But 9 points is a little bit far, unless something dramatic happens (like another 13 match winning streak) But Conte has done well overall, contrary to what the media wants to portray. 

Completely agree for me the roma perfomance both away and home and that palace game were horrible other than that we have done ok.

kellzfresh likes this

11 hours ago, Jason said:

"Conte doesn't have a plan B" they said. The 3-5-2 has been superb. Bakayoko's movement and dynamism occupies a lot of space in attack leaving Hazard and Fabregas with more to do. In many ways I'd argue we're actually playing with a midfielder diamond with Hazard dropping back. Good to know that Conte has realized we were having a very diffucult time controlling the middle of the pitch.

Win against Liverpool and the next 8 fixtures or so all look winnable as well. Starting to look good for the 'chaos' team.

OneMoSalah likes this

We're going in the right direction with Conte. Leaving the on field performance alone, under him we have got some good players like Kante, Bakayoko, Morata or Rudiger. We might need to replace Alonso and Zappa but it's not his fault the board couldn't deliver. If he leaves I fully expect us to go backwards again, if he stays next summer he will continue to pressure our board for good players, watching Sandro playing half arsed I think he is as good as ours if Conte stays, same goes for a top class RW/ST coming next season.

eemanyooel and Beigl like this

Never in this season I thought Conte was a sole responsibility for a bad result. This 1-1 draw is on him.

I mean ok - no Cesc from the start, that's not a such a bad decision. But after 55 minutes, after it was clear that we need something more, after it was clear that Bakayoko isn't good enough and that either of Bakayoko or Drinkwater should go out, Conte still keeps them on the field and does nothing. It was all too obvious and he responded way way too late.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The draw with Liverpool isn't the result that ended our title challenge. The stupid losses to Burnley and Crystal Palace did. Had we won those 2 games, we would be just 2 points behind City now.

Technically you're correct but this draw did "end" any hopes we had. Now City can afford an 11 point cushion which I believe no one has ever come back from. 9 points was manageable as they'll still drop points. 11 points is just silly. 

2 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Technically you're correct but this draw did "end" any hopes we had. Now City can afford an 11 point cushion which I believe no one has ever come back from. 9 points was manageable as they'll still drop points. 11 points is just silly. 

Let's see over the next couple of games. We have a decent run of games up till January. City have Spurs and United coming up in December.

kellzfresh likes this

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Let's see over the next couple of games. We have a decent run of games up till January. City have Spurs and United coming up in December.

We are never catching city this season..That City team will set PL records