The Conte Thread

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Can't believe we needed an injury/suspension problems for Conte to play the 3-5-2 though. We weren't perfect but at least we didn't get overrun in midfield like on so many occasions last season with the 3-4-3. 3-4-3 is fine against the lesser sides but we should look to play 3-5-2 against the big sides, especially away from home. And it would really be nice if we can keep the ball for a sustained period of time!

I agree that 3-5-2 would be better in games like this, also will be interesting how Hazard will cope with the position behind the striker.

17 hours ago, Pizy said:

Looks like now Conte will have a bit of a selection headache when it comes to our defense coming up. Andreas & Rüdiger have both been good and Luiz & Azpi are obviously two of the first names on the team sheet. So I wonder who drops out? And then what happens when Captain Cahill returns?

AC is much better than Rudiger so there's that. Maybe we are going to play AC-Luiz-Cahill and Azpi RW against good teams...and pack Kante, Baka and Cesc in midfield...

4 hours ago, positivefootball said:

AC is much better than Rudiger so there's that. Maybe we are going to play AC-Luiz-Cahill and Azpi RW against good teams...and pack Kante, Baka and Cesc in midfield...

agree that Christiansen probably has more promise and upside but I thought Rudiger did very well in that game too. I was very skeptical about him but he surprised me in a good way yesterday

It depends on the positions.

Christensen was normally brought back to replace Luiz, in the centre of the back 3, at the moment Rüdiger seems to get the two remaining spots, which means that if Cahill is replaced I'd think that the German is the first choice.

They both have quality, but very different profiles, Christensen is a much better passer of the ball, with great game reading skills and anticipation, Rüdger is decent on the ball, but relies much more on physical impact. 

Maybe we will see less and less of Azpilicueta in the RCB position as well, those two are more natural in that role. 

All in all, we have a lot of great profiles in defence, it's good to know that this area has really been adressed, can't criticize the club for that.

Rumors in German media are doing rounds that Conte could be exchanged for Tuchel, because Graianovska is fed up with Antonio......

SportBild isn´t the most reliable football paper out there, but normally they are well informed when it comes to Germans..

12 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Why the hell do we get these kind of rumors ... seems like ppl dont have anything to do but just try to do 2+2=5

If and a big IF, If this is true then the Board needs to just go ...