test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

8,562 posts in this topic
12 hours ago, manpe said:

This might have something to do with the fact that we never build on our successes. Instead we tend to ignore obvious flaws and let the squad grow stale and complacent with little to no upgrades. Then the new manager comes, everybody wants to impress and play to their best for a while, once established they down their tools and the cycle continues with the manager's head on the chopping block. Mourinho and Conte both stressed many times that every successful team needs fresh blood and improvements every year, a message that our board wants to hear none of.

It comes down to signing. The last two times we won the league, our signing has been dreadful. It is as simple as that.

Jose season, it was clear that we need a cb and a fb to replace luis. We could not afford to sign stones and we signed baba and one cb that I don't even remember his name.

This season. Again we need to improve our WB. We signed Zap.

We need better scout and connection to other clubs because It is clear we cannot compete for top talent.

11Drogba likes this

8 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

I know we'd still get managers and that but surely the club/job will look less appealing and potential people think is it worth it. Chances are sacked after 2 seasons..board are a bit crap and the players may decide nah sod this.

Guess see what happens and hope he can turn it around cause things get daft.

I think once kante and drikwater get fit we should be much better. 

People still using the excuse of players lacking motivation.

At this point I dont how some people still dont realize Conte is easily the most one dimensional manager of Abramovich era. He is a one trick manager. When it works, it works, but when things are not going well, after 15 minutes into the game we know the outcome of the match.

He relies on his 3CB system, and people already realized how to stop it. Not a surprise an italian side outclassed Conte in 2 games in a row. In Italy Contes tactics are old story.

The Chels likes this

17 minutes ago, Henrique said:

People still using the excuse of players lacking motivation.

At this point I dont how some people still dont realize Conte is easily the most one dimensional manager of Abramovich era. He is a one trick manager. When it works, it works, but when things are not going well, after 15 minutes into the game we know the outcome of the match.

He relies on his 3CB system, and people already realized how to stop it. Not a surprise an italian side outclassed Conte in 2 games in a row. In Italy Contes tactics are old story.

Trash...

bigbluewillie and King11Didier like this

8 minutes ago, AlesJuve said:

3CB Conte's system has won 6 championships for Juventus in Italy. So no the problem is not the system the problem is that Chelsea do not have a midfield.The only good is kante.

Not only midfielder... Several problems thanks to our pathetic board...we have several mediocre players which I can't comprehend the reason they are starting games for us...

King11Didier likes this

38 minutes ago, AlesJuve said:

3CB Conte's system has won 6 championships for Juventus in Italy. So no the problem is not the system the problem is that Chelsea do not have a midfield.The only good is kante.

Vero, ma... Chelsea need better wingbacks and better fowards too.

I don't know how Chelsea will do much better (compared to other "big" clubs or PL clubs) buying only one new centre midfielder per window transfer, but I am guessing not particularly well when that one player isn't even a proven top player.  We don't want to destroy Kante's legs while having no one else in centre midfield.

Owner and/or board needs to be changed quickly at this club; that's the answer.

Ales: although Serie A titles mean something in Italia, I think most people who know European football well enough know that Serie A was weak for a number of years until more money arrived for some clubs (both in Milan) recently. Juve was already the biggest spender in Italy, so while Conte won titles, Juve were a tier above the rest of Serie A just in terms of money and personnel; nevermind the manager.

I like Conte, but mainly because I think he's a good coach at training. Tactically on the pitch, and tactically with/against a club's board?  We will see.

It's cute how some of fans think "but but same situation was with Mouriho, and he got sacked and we are still fine". Lol. We are just so damn lucky that we've won anything in last years, considering what is happening "behind the scenes", with our board and considering the team we have. Most of other clubs are trying so much harder and doing better work, better business in market, better work with team development and have more patience and are still nowhere near winning the title. We should really be more thankful, we really got in way way more than we gave in.

... sack Conte and we are mid-table team in no time.

11Drogba and eemanyooel like this

8 minutes ago, El P. said:

It's cute how some of fans think "but but same situation was with Mouriho, and he got sacked and we are still fine". Lol. We are just so damn lucky that we've won anything in last years, considering what is happening "behind the scenes", with out board and considering the team we have. Most of other clubs are trying so much harder and doing better work, better business in market, better work with team development and have more patience and are still nowhere near winning the title. We should really be more thankful, we really got in way way more than we gave in.

... sack Conte and we are mid-table team in no time.

Midtable will be still be better...we go down low..

7 hours ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Whilst I like Conte's passion on the touchline...if he doesn't have a plan B in terms of tactics, he won't be at Chelsea for much longer

Blusan Alamb likes this

18 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

There is one "BIG" name out there.  Proven Premier League Manager, former national team manager, available on a free.   

Let's get Big Sam in charge. 

Apparently, he knows how to circumvent 3rd party ownership.  

On 2.11.2017 at 8:01 AM, Reddish-Blue said:

There is one "BIG" name out there.  Proven Premier League Manager, former national team manager, available on a free.   

Let's get Big Sam in charge. 

I think certaing guy with a name 'Alan' is available also!

28 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Yep, I am 99% certain if we lose Sunday he is gone.

Lucky for him defensive Mourinho is at the helm.

We'd have to make a mistake for them to beat us...which sadly seems possible with the way we have played.

xPetrCechx likes this

28 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Lucky for him defensive Mourinho is at the helm.

We'd have to make a mistake for them to beat us...which sadly seems possible with the way we have played.

Problem is they don't need to park the bus cause our defence is crap and we don't seem to be able to score..Hopefully that'll change!

Ya always postive vibes around the ground before a sacking..