The Conte Thread

Just now, Sh0n3x said:

I think we are at least equally to be blamed. Sacking managers, exploting youth system, Terry incident with Bridge, Terry incident with Ferdinand, Mourinho 2 times with you are all against me mentallity, Costa stomping on Can, Costa pushing and provoking opposition players, Costa situation now, selling Cech and Matic to rivals, Kennedy China incident. I even remember some racial incidents in the couple of previous years off the pitch. Of course, there is quite a bit of positives also, but I we are also to blame for negativity against the club. Still, journalist don't help, I do think they like us the least of all bigger clubs in England.

don't forget the Eva incident.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Don't see a single quote from a player saying they "back Costa over Conte." He's still friends with his teammates and talks to them. The Daily Mail is absolute gutter trash.

As for that piece from The Times about Conte and the board being at odds, I can 100% believe that. Conte wants experienced, ready made veterans who are the finished product and can help him win immedietly. The board wants players who are probably in their early 20's, are not the finished article, and who have huge resale value. The thing is, we already have LOADS of young talent on our books! If we can get good players who happen to fit the boards criteria, great, but to refuse Conte his targets just because they're "too old" and can't be resold for huge profit in a few years is annoying as hell if that's what's going on.

You can't really expect Conte to be thinking super long term like the club are since he knows the average life expectancy of a Chelsea manager is a couple years. He wants to win NOW!

If Conte isn't getting his transfer targets, there has to be a reason.  If he's being stubborn about signing 31 year olds who are too slow for the pace/intensity of the premier league, then I agree with the board's stance. 

We should be targeting players in the 24-27 age group as we have enough 'veterans' in the team (Luiz, Cahill, Fabregas, Pedro, Willian are all in that 29-32 age bracket)

12 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

If Conte isn't getting his transfer targets, there has to be a reason.  If he's being stubborn about signing 31 year olds who are too slow for the pace/intensity of the premier league, then I agree with the board's stance. 

We should be targeting players in the 24-27 age group as we have enough 'veterans' in the team (Luiz, Cahill, Fabregas, Pedro, Willian are all in that 29-32 age bracket)

conte just won us the league where realistically nobody thought we will win it. the least they can do is fulfill his wishes since obviously he knows what's he is doing.

16 hours ago, DYC. said:

Suarez scored 54 goals in 66 league apps in 12/13 and 13/14.

I just had to correct you there. But please, continue.

Cavani scores an insane amount but it's still widely accepted his finishing is a issue.

Didn't Suarez score nearly score 1 a game in 13/14 tho? Inflating that stat. Upto then it was a constant debate how good he was and in fact, when he was (weakly) linked with us in 2013 when he had his infamous release clause that Arsenal "met", more didn't want him here than did.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Cavani scores an insane amount but it's still widely accepted his finishing is a issue.

Didn't Suarez score nearly score 1 a game in 13/14 tho? Inflating that stat. Upto then it was a constant debate how good he was and in fact, when he was (weakly) linked with us in 2013 when he had his infamous release clause that Arsenal "met", more didn't want him here than did.

For me, Suarez was one of the top three players in the league in 12/13. easily. He was an all-round attacking threat. Back then he was still pretty quick, highly energetic and a problem with his dribbling and ability to create for his team mates (he was still selfish though). He also scored 23 goals in 33 apps that season. He made his name as one of the top strikers around that season. Especially when you look at the quality behind him. But it was his first top class season. The question was whether he could repeat it. He also had his rep against him. He went on to do even better.

Eh, I guess it couldn't be avoided. Though, when you look at this from an objective point of view, the situation isn't nearly as bad as it is made out to be in the media. We have two injured wingers, one injured mid, one suspended, and one suspended wb. Nearly every club would face some selection headaches given this situation.
It's true however that we lack some serious depth. Upgrade Moses and Alonso with class wingers, get a mid and the squad is quite decent (though it's late august already).
I don't mind if we get Drinkwater, it's going to be 4th choice anyway, at the same time it was moronic to sell Matic and Chalobah. If the academy can't even produce a good 4th choice mid might as well close it. And if the club can't talk Chalobah out from seeking a move away and motivate him to stay, someone's head should roll. The Traoré sale was quite moronic as well.
All in all, I don't believe the club is being run efficiently.

Henrique raises a valid point about why Antonio didn't change formation once Cahill was sent off (I thought it wasn't the best option at the moment), however, he forgets that a back 4 of Dave-Luiz-Rudiger-Alonso is probably the stuff nightmares are made of (We probably would've have conceded 5) . Alonso can't close down a crosser to save his mother's life.
The only mistake Antonio made was to start Michy over Alvaro.

Oh, and hi guys after a long absence :)

Well it's obvious Conte isn't happy but these stories in the papers are starting to take the piss. They just can't leave us be for more than one season. We heard next to little fuss when we won the league last season, which many deemed impossible at the start. The celebrations where rushed through by the hate bregade. United win one game against the Hammers and they are praised asif they are on to win the double already. It's fucking pathetic. Yes we do business differently to a lot of clubs but that doesn't necessarily mean it is the wrong way. I guess people just can't stand us winning soo many trophies since Roman took to the helm.

12 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

20799397_10210341997094791_6453042794144084351_n.jpg

20883090_10210341997054790_4081992318018610141_n.jpg

:lol:

Best to take that with a pinch of salt. We are in a bad moment and the media, unsurprisingly, will write everything and anything to get more clicks. It's been non-stop amount of hate coming from them since the start of the summer.

"A bit more respect???"

Seems to me that Conte deserves more effort or 'respect' from the club.

I don't see any way around signing four more players for this squad and we will still likely be thin on goalscoring when the window closes.

Had really hoped that after that shocking result and all the uproar over the weekend the club would accelerate a deal or two and get a couple of players in so that they could have 3-4 training sessions and be ready for Tottenham. That's looking highly unlikely.