test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,856 posts in this topic

Best of luck.  Hopefully the groundwork has been laid for the summer and we can hit the ground running after he's finished with Italy this summer.

How long will he last at the club?

Six months? One season? Two?

Will all depend on silverware.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

This forum has been like this since everyone realized Chelsea were going to be shit this year. It's clear that TalkChelsea was filled with bandwagoners and plastics. This place used to have loads more posters and the site would crash due to server overload. Now it's seemingly only a group of about 20 people who post regularly. Pretty sad.

Guess they've all gone and become City fans...

This is a strange post lol. For most Chelsea fans it's pre-season now. You've been here long enough no-one cares re pre season :lol:.

Fans like me are just disillusioned by the club, yay we've got a head coach, how long until the next one arrives? because nothing changes from top-down, yes men will continue too say yes.

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

We should create a poll about this. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

We're due a February sacking after an away defeat to West Brom really. Haven't had one of them for a couple of years

3 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

We just appointed a new manager, and this thread is still on the first page?

Have people bailed already?:lol:

Most are shocked, stunned, and fainted, couldn't even logging in, lol.

Most likely because it is bloody Monday night. Works and stuff on the first day of the week can be really hard. You know..

If this happening at the weekend, surely things will be crazier.

Ah, what the hell am I doing...... Welcome, Conte!

Let the party begin! :delight::getin::dance::drunk::drunk:

I love this quote

" I am proud to be the coach of the national team of my country and only a role as attractive as manager of Chelsea could follow that."

Welcome to Chelsea Conte. Lets hope you get the power and support to have a fuckin good clearout and start bringing our character back.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

Think he's 100% nailed on to have 2 summer transfer windows. Surely next season's sole goal from the higher-ups is CL qualification. They can't possibly have a title or bust mentality in Conte's first season.

No chance he gets sacked during his first season.

In case some are wondering about his level of English...this was while Mourinho was still in a job by the way, so I imagine it has improved quite a bit in the past few months.

And so another new dawn for our club. Conte comes in and hopefully will resurrect the team and change our fortunes. What I really hope is that he is given the time to rebuild and get us on a firm footing again. I am a tad tired of us hiring a manager, who wins a few trophies and is then dismissed as soon as the results dont go our way. We need stability, and if this guy can steady the ship then give him the time and the backing in the transfer market. I dont think we will challenge for the Premiership next season or maybe even the season after, but we will not challenge again unless we keep faith with a manager who gets us heading in the right direction. Hopefully this is the guy to do it.

Personally I felt that when we had Ancellotti we were onto a good one and he was the one to get us back our reputation following on from Jose. But after a few poor results he was gone and the merry-go-round started. He had a way about him that I admired, but since then our appointments have been questionable for the long term goals of the club. (Yes I do know know that we won the European Cup during that time, but that was an act of God!!)  Lets all get behind Conte and give him next season at least before we make any judgement on his performance.

And if he's shit I'll be the first to call for his head :D

16 minutes ago, The Mak said:

In case some are wondering about his level of English...this was while Mourinho was still in a job by the way, so I imagine it has improved quite a bit in the past few months.

Not too bad. Feels similar to when Ancelotti first arrived in 2009.

The Mak likes this