test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

6,210 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

or train harder.

That too. But with this 3-5-2, 3-4-3, you do feel like they have run their course, at least for now. If our WBs get shut down, which opponents seem to be doing easily these days, then we're pretty much dead offensively because everything will go through midfield and we become utterly predictable.

If feels like something bad is happening behind the scenes. Look at Conte after Luiz goal, he is always jumping and expressing his happiness so wild, this time he just turned back and did a fist. After the final whistle, he is always going through the players, to the referees, to the fans at the stadium, now he just shaked hands with the opposition and went directly in the tunel.
Something fishy and bad is happening, and that's horrible, I don't want again manager dramas, f8ck.... I believe Conte is the right man, but it feels like he is fed up with the board and he wants to leave.
Really want to see him happy and see the whole team performing well once again.

Not looking good. Once again at Chelsea. Something is not right ant it must come from the top...

34 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Our board is doing everything to break this man. They seem to derive some joy from it. God forbid the manager ever be the most important club at Chelsea FC. 

Not going to happen in 1 summer. We need another 200M investment in the squad at least. Starting this January....

32 minutes ago, positivefootball said:

Not going to happen in 1 summer. We need another 200M investment in the squad at least. Starting this January....

We haven’t even spent this summer technically. We’re -30m in player sales. 

I think it might be time for a back 4. 433:

Courtois

Azpi Christensen Luiz Alonso

Bakayoko Kante

Fabregas

Pedro Morata Hazard

1 hour ago, Belgiannutt said:

Yeah the back 5 system has been found out. Problem is that i don't think we have got the players to switch to a back four. I don't trust alonso in the left back position. He absolutely needs the cover of an extra CB. 

I also have my doubts about Luiz in a back four. 

I don't think the system is the problem. It's the lack of quality. 

The back 5 system did great last season as teams were struggling to deal with it. The system carried the average players in our team but not anymore. Teams have figured it out. 

Only answer is to add more quality. 

Valid points but we can't do anything about quality until January at least. Right now, we need changes from somewhere to hopefully change things around before they get even worse.

Board can be blamed and a lot of it is deserved due to poor summer recruitment/lack of recruitment but tonight Antonio must take the brunt of the blame for how he set the team up and how he didn’t react to what Roma were doing.

The 352 was a disaster because we sat in with a back 5 and their full backs were spare every time they had the ball until we went to a 343 and pushed up. It was blatantly obvious it wasn’t working the whole first half, he should of changed it at half time, it was painful watching us at times. Roma just pinned our wing backs back and we couldn’t get out. They looked like a real top team, they are good yes but we made it easy for them.

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

All you have to do to stop a Conte back 5 system is genuinely pin the wingbacks back to their own defensive third. 

He's supposed to be some master tactician but keeps losing the tactical battles. It doesn't add up.

The Chels likes this

Should have spent that 100 million in wingbacks like City and a lot of things would be different right now but it didn't happen and here we are in midst of a crisis thinking about switching the system. Let's remember that the wingback position is arguably the most important in this system, and our players for those positions are the weakest link in this squad. Alonso and Moses/Zappacosta would have hard time making it to the starting lineup at Everton nevermind other actual top clubs.

Then there is midfield which was in ruins during the games against City, Palace and Roma. It's still early days but Bakayoko doesn't seem to be the player we were looking for. The board should have bought a more mobile and more technical version of Matic but instead they bought a bigger version of Ramires. Let's hope Drinkwater turns out to be a good signing as there is still hope if he and Kante can once again form a solid midfield partnership.

13 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

All you have to do to stop a Conte back 5 system is genuinely pin the wingbacks back to their own defensive third. 

To be fair, that's the main weakness of any back 5 system. Stop the wingbacks and you basically take away at least half of the attacking threat. And the lack of quality isn't helping either.

1 hour ago, !Hazard! said:

The board should have bought a more mobile and more technical version of Matic ...

Aha ... And who would that be?