The Conte Thread

15 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

So, Conte want Drinkwater, Sandro, Candreva, VVD.

Board want Barkley, Aurier, Chamberlain.

They all would be good signings. At this rate I do not care who we bring in, as soon as we do bring in someone. 

3 weeks left in transfer window. If we get one CMF, one LWB and one RWB Conte has no reason to be unsatisfied. That's all what we need.

Yes, he didn't got players at a perfect time, but hell, it wouldn't be problem that much if our best player and Bakayoko weren't injured. We had a hard summer, we could've done better, but Costa circus and Matić wanting to leave really didn't help.

We can still make ourselves a decent situation, just let's f**king dig in and get things done - sooner the better!

We will not win EPL or UCL trophies this season, except if miracle happens. Nor should we. And we should be aware of that. Yes we said that last season too, but we can't do that kind a thing twice.

We should aim for squad developing and integrating young long-term options in our squad, Bakayokos and Moratas. We've won 2 Premier leagues and one CCup in last 3 years. We should be satisfied with trophies and give this squad proper time to evolve. Let's establish this 3-4-3 and create machine of it. Let's work so we can at the end of 2017/18 say: this squad is ready!

There are a lot of changes, some important players left us, Costa, Matić and our captain Terry. And we are still a team that finished 10th season ago, don't forget that. That wasn't "one off" year.

This Premier league title, in season when we overachieved with our games, with no European football and no injuries, maybe got some of us thinking that we are close to top tier clubs. Well, we are far from it, and I doubt anything board could've had done this summer would rise us to that level, or close to that level, because there were so many gaps at the team. Too many.

Lot of work ahead of us, I will settle myself for top 3 in PL and UCL knock-out phase. But let's finally develop this squad to the fullest.

Antonio Conte aiming to strengthen Chelsea squad by insisting the 'transfer market is not finished' as he hints Alvaro Morata may start against Burnley in Premier League opener

Conte, when asked how he reflects about teams spending big, told Sky Sports: 'Every season, I think it's right that every great team try to improve their squad, to improve the quality of their team. 

'For sure the teams you named are very strong (City, United, Arsenal), they have improved a lot and for us, the challenge will be very tough. 

'Also I hope to improve our squad, the transfer market is not finished and we want to be competitive and we want to try to fight for the title.'

Conte added: 'I think most importantly is my club knows very well which is are priorities and I hope to try to work, to improve our squad, to improve our quality and then to be ready to fight for this season.'

Chelsea won the Premier League by seven points last season and the former Italy and Juventus boss believes it will be very difficult to win it again with so many teams fighting to finish top.

'I repeat this league is not easy, you have to fight against another at least five teams. This league is different than in other countries when you find two teams fighting for the title. Here you find six teams very strong and you must be very prepared to fight very hard,' the 48-year-old said.

Chelsea begin their new campaign against Burnley at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon and Conte has given Blues fans a boost by suggesting that new £70.6million signing Morata could start.

He added: 'He is working very well, he is improving a lot his physical condition and he is starting to understand our football, our idea of football and it could be a possibility for him to start on Saturday.'

Meanwhile, Conte ruled out any possibility of Diego Costa making a sensational u-turn and staying at Chelsea next season, by claiming he has been very clear in the past over the striker's future.

Gary Cahill responds to claims Antonio Conte is unhappy at Chelsea, telling talkSPORT: 'He has been the same on the training field'

Cahill - speaking exclusively to talkSPORT on Wednesday - conceded that the Chelsea squad is not as strong as some of their rivals.

But he claims Conte has not demonstrated any unhappiness on the training ground and has been focused only on the season ahead.

Cahill said: "For us, he has been the same on the training field. One word I would describe him as is 'intense'.

"He thinks so hard and so much about the game and the way we train is very, very intense. He doesn't switch off from it, which is the way he obviously manages, and it is fantastic for us.

"He thinks all the time how he can change things tactically and if he can do anything better. I'm sure he will be thinking even harder this season because of last year. People will be trying to work out how they are going to play against us. 

"In terms of his personality, he has been the same with the boys.

"Obviously there have been a few incidents away from the training ground but it is hard for us as players to comment on stuff like the transfer market and the way things have gone. It has got nothing to do with us."

https://talksport.com/football/gary-cahill-responds-claims-antonio-conte-unhappy-chelsea-telling-talksport-he-has-been#51XrqgF7dwPHfzSW.99

24 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte's opinion is irrelevant to the board.

Brilliant, we are on the right way to a new disaster. 

:clap:

FB_IMG_1502280221289.jpg

FB_IMG_1502280226419.jpg

Full statement :

"Bakayoko is a good signing for us. Very young. "My idea" was to give Bakayoko the right time to adapt in the league behind Matic. But now after the sale of Matic, we need to try to accelerate this process for Bakayoko. We have Fabregas & we are trying to find another midfielder. Because now we have only 3 midfielders & need another midfielder."

Drinkwater incoming :ph34r:

I really want to meet the person who thought selling Matic to a direct rival and bringing, probably, Drinkwater is a good idea. Can't believe there are people who actually get paid for coming up with ideas like this. 

Yeah because waiting to integrate Bakayoko is a smart idea. Then what? The same people will moan and whine how Matic is useless and would quickly want Bakayoko to take his first team place, leaving Matic sat on the bench pining for a move because he's no longer in the first team. Matic wanted to move, it was obvious from being left out of pre-season with us, and he wasn't willing to sit on the bench. We are not going to keep an unsettled player for the sake of just keeping him around, it will cause unrest. 

7 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

I really want to meet the person who thought selling Matic to a direct rival and bringing, probably, Drinkwater is a good idea. Can't believe there are people who actually get paid for coming up with ideas like this. 

Exactly... :drunk:

20 minutes ago, Jype said:

What makes people automatically think those Matic comments are a dig at the board? It might just as well be that Conte wanted to keep him but the player insisted on going with increased competition for his place so the club didn't want to keep him against his will.

It's a bit of both mixed with some obvious behind the scenes tapping up from Mourinho. Conte would've wanted to keep him and we could've because he was under contract. Mourinho (or his people) were in his ear and turned his head. We know first hand how good of a salesman Mou is so he surely sold Matic on how important he'd be there.