test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,929 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

The media are like me during International week, they get very bored and start thinking silly things....difference is they write about them.

Dont u? :D

P.S. Just kidding!!!

Ever since December 2016 in the league...

Wherever we are down by at least 1 goal at half-time, we failed to win.

Anyway we are in big trouble. 9 points behind City, 4 points behind Spuds, with an Arsenal win today they'll be above us.

This month is suppose to be an easy month since we are not meeting any of the top 6, turns out it'll be even more harder.

If we ever get back in the title race, it'll be a miracle.

Sad reality, exactly the thing @Leif and myself were pointing out.

We are always one injury away from being average, and two injuries away from being disaster, as in this game against Palace.

We should of course thank God for last season, that won't happen ever again - not with that (this) team.

TheIceMan likes this

He needs to stop starting the usual suspects who are a liability to the team with their poor form.

Willian keeps on getting selected despite clearly playing utter tosh football is not a good message for the bench players who deserve an opportunity. (exhibit A - Musonda's rant)

Rudiger and Andreas playing great when given the opportunity and then Captain Cahill comes back and gets exposed as usual. 

On 01/10/2017 at 9:07 PM, petre.ispirescu said:

For me the worst thing about the defeat against City is not the result. Or anything related to this game. It's the fact that I saw a lot of United fans taking the piss, some of them saying "can we write Chelsea off now?".

Can not wait for them to face City. 

26 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Can not wait for them to face City. 

Dont be surprised if they win against them ... You expect Jose to play an open game against City ... He will sit, be physical and wait for a counter ... Jose will aim for that one point, 3 will be a bonus. 

9 points behind City going to be hard to get back. Can’t see them dropping many points they’ve got the perfect squad in terms of options/depth. We need to try sign 2 or 3 guys in January although I doubt we’ll get anything like what we were linked to in the summer (Alex Sandro, Alexis Sanchez, Bonucci - those sort of level players).

Did we reach our peak at Atletico? Because since then, we've been absolutely rubbish. To play badly and get dominated by Man City is one thing but to do that against Crystal Palace is another. The players should take responsibility as well but really want to know how did Conte prep them for the game? Did we actually underestimate Palace, thinking they are just gonna roll over after the thrashings at City and United? Did we not learn anything from the 2-1 loss last season? How on earth did we, time and time again especially in the first half, allow ourselves to be continuously countered by Palace? Everyone knows they have pacey players who are dangerous on the break and can do big damage if you leave them unchecked and we all know our players don't necessarily do too well against direct, pacey players - especially on 1 v 1 situations. Yet, we played ourselves into their hands far too often in that game. And offensively, what on earth was our plan? There was not much proper build up and we ended up just putting hopeful passes/crosses and shooting from distance. So easy for Palace to deal with. We played like a team that looks tactically ill-prepared. :doh:

39 minutes ago, Jason said:

Did we reach our peak at Atletico? Because since then, 

Since then Morata, our main striker is injured. I know you dont accept any excuses but we are in big big trouble until he returns. 

Also we dont usually perform well after international breaks, which mess up Conte's training and diet programs. 

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Did we reach our peak at Atletico? Because since then, we've been absolutely rubbish. To play badly and get dominated by Man City is one thing but to do that against Crystal Palace is another. The players should take responsibility as well but really want to know how did Conte prep them for the game? Did we actually underestimate Palace, thinking they are just gonna roll over after the thrashings at City and United? Did we not learn anything from the 2-1 loss last season? How on earth did we, time and time again especially in the first half, allow ourselves to be continuously countered by Palace? Everyone knows they have pacey players who are dangerous on the break and can do big damage if you leave them unchecked and we all know our players don't necessarily do too well against direct, pacey players - especially on 1 v 1 situations. Yet, we played ourselves into their hands far too often in that game. And offensively, what on earth was our plan? There was not much proper build up and we ended up just putting hopeful passes/crosses and shooting from distance. So easy for Palace to deal with. We played like a team that looks tactically ill-prepared. :doh:

I'm getting the feeling that Conte doesn't have a Plan B in case of injuries and this is part of the reason why he's getting found out.

He's never been known as a tactical mastermind like a Mourinho or a Pep, it's always been work hard & be disciplined on the pitch. 

Sometimes you need to think outside the box to get a result...as soon as I saw the lineup for the Palace match, I knew they were going to get at least 1 point out of the game. 

We'll be beaten again next week by Watford. 

6 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

He's never been known as a tactical mastermind like a Mourinho or a Pep, it's always been work hard & be disciplined on the pitch.

Are you really saying that Mourinho/Pep doesn't require hard work and discipline to carry out their tactics as well? In Mourinho's case, he's hardly any different to Conte. They're both pragmatic and if they have to play ugly to get a result, they'll do it.

10 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I'm getting the feeling that Conte doesn't have a Plan B in case of injuries and this is part of the reason why he's getting found out.

It's 50-50. We saw earlier in August when we had all those injuries/suspensions, Conte adjusted and tweaked the system at Spurs. Sure, we were under the cosh for long periods in that game but we frustrated them and never gave the space where they tend to thrive in. Just not quite sure what you're gonna get IMO. One game we play well - like the performance at Atletico which came out of nowhere - and the next, we play like Sunderland. I know bad performances can happen but we seem to have brainfart ones when we least expect it.

15 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

We'll be beaten again next week by Watford. 

@Pizy, you have a rival for Mr Pessimist here...

Just now, Jason said:

Are you really saying that Mourinho/Pep doesn't require hard work and discipline to carry out their tactics as well? In Mourinho's case, he's hardly any different to Conte. They're both pragmatic and if they have to play ugly to get a result, they'll do it.

It's 50-50. We saw earlier in August when we had all those injuries/suspensions, Conte adjusted and tweaked the system at Spurs. Sure, we were under the cosh for long periods in that game but we frustrated them and never gave the space where they tend to thrive in. Just not quite sure what you're gonna get IMO. One game we play well - like the performance at Atletico which came out of nowhere - and the next, we play like Sunderland. I know bad performances can happen but we seem to have brainfart ones when we least expect it.

@Pizy, you have a rival for Mr Pessimist here...

Would it shock you if Watford did beat us, though? I wouldn't be. 

TheIceMan likes this

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Would it shock you if Watford did beat us, though? I wouldn't be. 

Play badly and lose again against Roma and I might start thinking that way.

30 minutes ago, Jason said:

Play badly and lose again against Roma and I might start thinking that way.

Honestly, I expect a great performance against Roma and then we'll come home and struggle against Watford. :P

TheIceMan likes this

Hahaha probably..though Watford are above us in the table and doing well so less of a shock if beat us or made life hard...or more likely if Chelsea play crap and make it harder..

Then again Palace until now been crap and this result wasn't shocking either.. Just not very good with constiency sometimes