The Conte Thread

Here's one for the "calm" people not yet overly concerned about Chelsea's so-called problems right now: I propose that without more quality buys in the market, Chelsea are one N'Golo Kante injury from falling down to 10th position or lower. So, contrarians and "calm," "mature" Chelsea fans, how about naming another side in the Prem that with one injury can drop in the table so precipitously.

Hint: you won't come up with one. You're welcome. 

35 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

598825aa35d35_WhatsAppImage2017-08-07at11_21_48.jpeg.e141b1235e4b3cbc0cd28d3e15bfcd03.jpeg

:ph34r:

While I do agree our squad is really thin, I believe that if we recalled some of our players from loans that paper would overflow :D Similar with Arsenal, if 20-30% of players from their list were in our squad, they would be on loan now and we would be in same situation.

Gary Cahill concerned by Chelsea's squad depth as new season nears

The difference between the clubs was clear to see in the matchday programme as the respective rosters were printed out in full, and club captain Cahill  said: “The back of the programme was interesting. In terms of quality we’ve certainly got that but you have to hope we don’t have too many injuries.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/gary-cahill-concerned-by-chelseas-squad-depth-as-new-season-nears-a3605576.html

5 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I'm not going to lie, if the window closed today, i too would be worried. 

But if/when the adequate bodies are attained then yeah, we'll be solid. 

The worst thing is, most of the quality players have already moved clubs. 

Not many quality fullbacks (within a decent price range) available and as for the midfield, I really hope we don't end up with Ross Barkley. 

Honestly, we should take the £60m we supposedly offered for Sandro/Van Dijk + the £40m we just received for Matic and offer Real Madrid £100m for Gareth Bale. In addition to the ~£60m we gave them for Morata we'll have fully funded their move for Mbappe. I think they'd seriously consider that amount. It's more than they paid for him and he's never looked truly comfortable there.

We'd get a world class player in his prime and another attacking player at Hazard's level which we desperately need. It would be a true statement of intent signing and would strike fear in all our rivals. It's time we showed the ambition that other elite sides do and take that next step up.

Imagine having a wide player on each side of Morata that can both score 15 goals per season as well as wreak havoc with their pace and skill. Our attack would be unstoppable in the PL and amongst the best in Europe.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Honestly, we should take the £60m we supposedly offered for Sandro/Van Dijk + the £40m we just received for Matic and offer Real Madrid £100m for Gareth Bale. In addition to the ~£60m we gave them for Morata we'll have fully funded their move for Mbappe. I think they'd seriously consider that amount. It's more than they paid for him and he's never looked truly comfortable there.

We'd get a world class player in his prime and another attacking player at Hazard's level which we desperately need. It would be a true statement of intent signing and would strike fear in all our rivals. It's time we showed the ambition that other elite sides do and take that next step up.

Imagine having a wide player on each side of Morata that can both score 15 goals per season as well as wreak havoc with their pace and skill. Our attack would be unstoppable in the PL and amongst the best in Europe.

That sounds great in theory.

But in reality, Bale has already said multiple times that he would never ruin his history with Tottenham by moving to a rival. 

11 minutes ago, Pizy said:

he's more injured than fit...

8 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

That sounds great in theory.

But in reality, Bale has already said multiple times that he would never ruin his history with Tottenham by moving to a rival. 

Eh, I highly doubt he'll be at Madrid much longer because they always get sick of their toys and want shiny new ones. Only PL clubs will be able to afford him and only ourselves and Man United could both afford him and immedietly have a place for him.

If we went in with a massive bid and spoke to Bale to make him feel like he's really wanted and valued I think he'd agree to come here. Make him feel like the main man rather than just another big name at Real Madrid.

9 minutes ago, mccg said:

Carra expects Conte exit

Jamie Carragher says he'll be surprised if Antonio Conte is still the Chelsea manager in 12 months' time.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10978829/carra-expects-conte-exit

I can see conte quitting chelsea and I don't blame him if he was too

12 minutes ago, -Kaplan- said:

So if we sign VVD, we will have 6 CBs for 3 positions? 

(Cahill, Andreas, Luiz, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, VVD)

Would rather sign someone else. 2 WBs and a Midfielder. 

In theory Azpi and Ruddier could both be options at LWB/RWB too.

49 minutes ago, mccg said:

Carra expects Conte exit

Jamie Carragher says he'll be surprised if Antonio Conte is still the Chelsea manager in 12 months' time.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/10978829/carra-expects-conte-exit

He really pisses me of, always saying bad things about us. He should plain openly say he hates us, thinks we are cunts and it's done, instead of sending sparks every few months...cunt