The Conte Thread

6 hours ago, Jason said:

:doh:

You should do that every morning for thinking Courtois was overrated.:D

I remember the posts obviously. That's why I think many fans are fickle, mostly wrong, don't have the patience, yet expect Conte to give time to young players, which they don't know as well as him.

I remember those posts well enough to know that they will overreact and become the hardest critics of him and the young players after a few bad results.

Just listening to him, reading his words and all what is not happening with transfers, I'm starting to think there is a huge power struggle between him and the board. What he wants is not what the board want and vice versa.

If we start well it will be almost a two finger salute by him to the board, and the opposite if we start bad he will sacked.

This is my opinion, I'm seeing cracks.

Just listening to him, reading his words and all what is not happening with transfers, I'm starting to think there is a huge power struggle between him and the board. What he wants is not what the board want and vice versa.
If we start well it will be almost a two finger salute by him to the board, and the opposite if we start bad he will sacked.
This is my opinion, I'm seeing cracks.
If we start good, thats meen we dont need new players so the board is right, no?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, 11Drogba said:

You'll eat another humble pie in December and come back later with other ridiculous statements.

Lmaooo, was that after the 3-0 Arsenal game?

He'll be gone by November, he'll be November. January, February, March, April, Maaaaay...

Now I do agree that board should not meddle in manager affairs and I don't like someone else buying players for the squad without the manager, but I also must defend the club and say that it is quite risky to give full transfer control to a manager who has been with the club for only 1 year, don't you think? Most of people mention Sir Alex for the transfer control, but he has spent quite a bit of time at United to be able to earn such a right. Wenger also has full transfer controll, look where it brought Arsenal in last 10 years? :D

I agree look what happened when Mourinho was giving too much power. 

Let it be like that till next season. 

See how he handles and not be a one season wonder.... 

That being said we are still gotten players he has been interested. Baka, Rudiger and morata. 

And second the only first squad player we sold was matic but he was replaced with Bakayoko. And morata for Costa. 

6 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Maybe strengthen his paper thin squad now? Yeah? Give the bugger a fighting chance in the league.

Can't trust this guy too much. He's already spent 70m on a striker and then 3 days later admitted he actually wanted somebody else. Spent the 25m on Alonso and now wants to spend 60m on another LB.

He won't give the youth a chance and we still play shit on a stick football.

Maybe the board are right?

1 minute ago, Styles said:

Can't trust this guy too much. He's already spent 70m on a striker and then 3 days later admitted he actually wanted somebody else. Spent the 25m on Alonso and now wants to spend 60m on another LB.

He won't give the youth a chance and we still play shit on a stick football.

Maybe the board are right?

You think he did all those deals? And I see nothing wrong with 25M for a player who should have always been backup.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

You think he did all those deals? And I see nothing wrong with 25M for a player who should have always been backup.

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. He's overseen Cahill become captain - that in itself should be a sign he's not the one to take this club forward.

1 minute ago, Styles said:

Honestly, I don't even care anymore. He's overseen Cahill become captain - that in itself should be a sign he's not the one to take this club forward.

What difference does it make who the captain is at this point?

Just now, manpe said:

What difference does it make who the captain is at this point?

It makes a massive difference when somebody who shouldn't even be in the starting 11 is made captain - solidifying his role in the team. That's unforgiveable. I genuinely want Conte out sooner rather than later just so we don't lose Christensen.

I'm torn about giving any manager full control of transfers. They are tricky and important decisions. I don't think Conte's decision making regarding player's is his strength either. As a coach he is one of the best in the world. He can stamp an organised and efficient style of any team. 

But a man that thinks Moses and Cahill are fine first teamers gets me worried. The man is ruthless, he dropped Terry and Ivanovic  (rightly!) Like it was nothing. So i assume he thinks they are good enough. That shocks me. 

Add Morata, who I think will struggle, and I can understand the board overseeing somewhat the direction of the squad. 

On the other hand, the board themselves seem to have gone to shit to. When we had De Bruyne, Lukaku and others coming in they made great decisions. That has reversed over the past few years.