test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,711 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Probably but the LWB position is a concern. We don't really have an alternative for Alonso and may have to flog him to death this season.

I think as blue in my viens alluded to, Zappa will probably shift grok right to left and back to give Moses and Alonso adequate rest. 

King11Didier and RoyalBlues like this

I'm hoping that Conte reverts back to Azpilicueta, Luiz & Rudiger in the back 3 against Arsenal. Cahill obviously rusty tonight due to being suspended and not playing, also playing against low standard opposition tonight he wasn't really tested - fair enough he only had one minor mistake, that stupid tackle in first half -  he's lacking the match rhythm Rudiger has built up having played in the last 3 weeks. 

Anyways, like mentioned above I think we can play better, but Morata, Bakayoko and Rudiger are still adapting to the league and team. Also Eden is nearing full fitness. I think after these 6 or 7 games in the next 3 weeks or whatever, if the squad is managed correctly, most of the new signings will get minutes and continue to adapt and Eden and Bakayoko will be 100% fit by then. I think relying on Batshuayi is going to be a disaster this season.  

Blue-in-me-Veins and Johnnyeye like this

7 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Zappacosta is the other LWB alternative. Conte mentioned he sees him as a player who can  play on both sides. 

Edit: so its Alonso, Moses, Zappacosta, Azpi. 

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

I think as blue in my viens alluded to, Zappa will probably shift grok right to left and back to give Moses and Alonso adequate rest. 

Never watched him play at Torino or for Italy. So, I don't know how he does on the left side but until we see him do that for us, it feels like we'll just be filling square pegs in round hole.

I agree. Terrible team selection. You have Hazard, Rudiger, Zappacosta and Bakayoko all on the bench...we bought these guys for a reason. Only Morata from our summer signings started.

Conte got it horribly wrong, and we were lucky in the first half against Arsenal as our midfield was overrun for long periods. Now watch both Manchester clubs tear Arsenal apart in their home grounds. Terrible, and Conte should KNOW better.

MrExcalibur100 and LAB like this

Just now, Mana said:

I agree. Terrible team selection. You have Hazard, Rudiger, Zappacosta and Bakayoko all on the bench...we bought these guys for a reason. Only Morata from our summer signings started.

Conte got it horribly wrong, and we were lucky in the first half against Arsenal as our midfield was overrun for long periods. Now watch both Manchester clubs tear Arsenal apart in their home grounds. Terrible, and Conte should KNOW better.

If hazard is not ready then it is fine. But why Cahill and fabregas, it make 0 sense. I did not blame Conte when we lose Fa cup final or community shield but today this lineup make 0 sense. 

Dodgy team selection is one thing but is anyone questioning Conte on why we were so poor against Arsenal again? Out of the 5 games under him, only 1 is acceptable. We went AWOL in the rest. What did he say to them before the game? Did he even say anything? No way that XI out there should have been so bad today.

Amblève. and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

Conte fucked this game up big time. The saddest thing about the whole Cahill fiasco is that Conte is forcing me to dislike a Chelsea player and that is a feeling that i never, ever want to have about anyone, especially when we are talking about someone that has contributed so much during his career and is the current captain.

No matter how crap Cahill is, it is entirely Conte's fault for playing him, it is that simple. And it is not only that his individual performance is abysmal, his inclusion affects the whole team in a vert negative way. It is clear as day that he makes everyone nervous, i don't think that there is a single player that trusts him.

Supermonkey92 likes this

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Dodgy team selection is one thing but is anyone questioning Conte on why we were so poor against Arsenal again? Out of the 5 games under him, only 1 is acceptable. We went AWOL in the rest. What did he say to them before the game? Did he even say anything? No way that XI out there should have been so bad today.

Even at that one match, Arsenal dominated the early parts of the game. We needed to score first with a controversial Alonso Goal and then a worldie from Hazard followed by childish mistake from Cech.  So, Conte is clearly at fault for our woes against Arsenal.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

The way Arsenal setup is to mimic our team. Similar to the way spurs and City did it last season. (Even though we won against City but we should have lost that game)

After that it comes down to individual battle.

Another one of those games where the selection was to blame. I think starting Baka instead of Willian would have won us the game.

Blusan Alamb likes this

Conte says our performance was good. He adds both teams tried to win and in the end it was a 'good draw'. #CHEARS

Conte says he doesn't like to comment on the referee, but it is important to note what happened before David Luiz's tackle. #CHEARS

Conte says getting five red cards in eight matches is 'strange'. He adds we need to keep improving in every situation. #CHEARS

Conte says he was very happy with Morata's performance today, stressing he linked play up well. #CHEARS

Conte says Pedro wasn't 100% fit after getting a knock to his ankle in the first half, and that's why he took him off at half-time. #CHEARS

Conte says we started the game well but suffered a little after that against what he calls a 'really strong team'. #CHEARS (Strong team against you maybe?) <_<

Conte: 'Hazard played very well. Now on Wednesday he will have the possibility to start the game and complete his recovery.' #CHEARS

Conte says he hopes to be 'more lucky' with the referee's decisions in the future, for us and the opponent. #CHEARS (Maybe try to calm you players first?)