test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,709 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You seem to me to believe in fairy dust. Look what happened when Andre Villas Boas tried to play the right kind of football with a squad that lacked the talent to do it, and look what happened when Robbie Di Matteo adopted the pragmatic approach required to cover up that squad's deficiencies.

You are not alone, we all want to see our team play that football, but we live in a world where Joseph Heller's paradox bites. Any fool can set up to play the way you, me, and millions of others would like us to, but Chelsea can't hope to win playing like that. We don't have the players to do it, and we can't attract those players because, among other reasons, we don't have a reputation for playing that way.

If those other reasons prevent this being a true catch twenty-two situation, it's probably not much less than a catch twenty-one and a half.

Actually we play decent football last season, some of the goals from hazard and the combination play were brilliant. We are also a few teams in the league where we try to build from the back.

But we don't have to play that way every game, against spurs without any playmaker we have 0 chance keeping possession

abram wants conte to resign

but without conte and with a squad of 13-15 players 

the 10th place will be a sweet remember 

Supermonkey92 likes this

Can we sack him already ? Clearly not here long term judging what he's doing with our youth players. Would get here Candreva, Llorente, Marchisio if he has his say. Just get over it and find somebody who cares about long term future of this club.

Fucking knew that he's Mourinho with different spelling.

I believe that maybe Conte brought in Christensen so he could move Azpilicueta to the wing.
There's no way he can do worse than Moses... So as we have depth in defense, maybe when Cahill is available we'll play him, Luiz, and Rudiger in the back and Azpili and Alonso in the wings. That's much better than any formation that includes Moses. And Conte seems to like Andreas, so maybe if he shows something nice he can even replace Cahill. I still believe RWB and another AM should be our main targets in the remaining days of the window

kellzfresh and Supermonkey92 like this

Just now, Barbara said:

I believe that maybe Conte brought in Christensen so he could move Azpilicueta to the wing.
There's no way he can do worse than Moses... So as we have depth in defense, maybe when Cahill is available we'll play him, Luiz, and Rudiger in the back and Azpili and Alonso in the wings. That's much better than any formation that includes Moses. And Conte seems to like Andreas, so maybe if he shows something nice he can even replace Cahill. I still believe RWB and another AM should be our main targets in the remaining days of the window

It is tempting to play azpi as rwb but i personally prefer moses there.

Moses final ball is horrendous but clearly he is more of a winger than azpi and he can attack defender one on one which is a major requirement playing as wb.

20 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I keep trying to see what Moses can do that Azpilicueta can't do, but I can't see it. Azpilicueta actually gets assists from the centerback position, Moses doesn't know how to pass or cross to save his life. If Moses couldn't dribble he'll be absolutely useless.

11Drogba, Supermonkey92 and Barbara like this

1 hour ago, Chelsea4 said:

I might not agree with every method/every decision you make but you are a great manager. I LOVE YOU 

DIPcT5zXUAEpXCZ.jpg.d3c27960d3f2143e55c4f9cc594f327a.jpg

On 23/08/2017 at 0:47 PM, Chelsea4 said:

Obviously i prefer Tuchel. I want to see a Chelsea team play attractive football and not park the bus againts Tottenham.

You just love Tuchel more?

Beigl, TheIceMan and Special like this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

You just love Tuchel more?

His play style/philosophy but that's just my opinion. I love Conte more but i prefer Tuchel's play style.

2 hours ago, Barbara said:

I really hope you are right. Moses today was an absolutely typcial performance of his. Causing all sorts of havoc on the right side but producing absolutely nothing. Defensively he was great today albeit not challenged. Moses hit the first defender with his crosses every time, Azpi attempts one cross and makes a goal. That is the difference in quality. I can see Azpi is defensively so strong everyone will rather have him as RB or RCB but I do not see why he can not be a quality RWB. He is fast, comfortable on the Ball and a good crosser, he should be fine there. Morata is such a beast in the air, Alonso and Azpi providing him with quality crosses will be a massive asset. 

11Drogba, kellzfresh and Barbara like this

3 hours ago, Barbara said:

Would'nt want to go season(or January) with Kante-Bakayoko as dm/cm 4 sure! (Think Fab is our Am you want and need lol) if can't get any upgrades lets give youth a chance ,i would be getting box to box dm/cm' as priority 

Barbara likes this

I think the only negative aspect could the that we should have been more clinical especially in the second half”, Conte said.

“We should have scored and close the game. However, we had great concentration and we finished the game with a clean sheet, I think we saw many positive things.”

“The most important thing is to create the chance to score but I think above all the second half we could be more clinical and to close the game. If you keep a game open you have to suffer until the end. If you are clinical you can close the game.”

“New  signings? I am happy with all of them, Rudiger is showing his physical skills and he is also good in playing the ball. He can still improve just like Morata and Bakayoko, but we must be pleased for these new three players and do not forget about Christeansen again.”

“There are a few days left before the end of the transfer market and the club is trying to improve the squad, don’t forget the next month we’ll play seven games and for sure I’ll need to rotate my players and it would be good to have a good number of players to do this.”

2 hours ago, Chelsea4 said:

His play style/philosophy but that's just my opinion. I love Conte more but i prefer Tuchel's play style.

Are we still discussing "philosophy"? If you havent accepted Chelsea's playing style by now then maybe you should move on mate.

1 hour ago, Polo7 said:

Are we still discussing "philosophy"? If you havent accepted Chelsea's playing style by now then maybe you should move on mate.

We don't have to accept anything.