The Conte Thread

Just now, Chelsea4 said:

Mourinho gave him to much defensive responsibilities even tho he did very good in defense and Hiddink was clueless.Conte will get the best out of him.

He was signed in 2012, he's been here 4 years....How can you explain nigh on 4 years of poor form under a number of managers.

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Always had a feeling this would happen... Oscar had his 'Goalaso' moment when Conte was watching from the stands.

The best game he's ever played just had to be against Conte's team 4 years ago . :doh: I was actually enthusiastic about the new season, until I came across those news. :(

Where would Oscar even play? I think it's almost nailed on that Conte will play with either 3 in the middle of the pitch using a 4-3-3 or play with 2 strikers. That means no room for a player like Oscar who isn't effective out wide and is inferior to what we have already (nevermind who we'll sign) further back.

We could most definitely cash in on him for a nice return rather than keeping him as a squad player.

28 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Where would Oscar even play? I think it's almost nailed on that Conte will play with either 3 in the middle of the pitch using a 4-3-3 or play with 2 strikers. That means no room for a player like Oscar who isn't effective out wide and is inferior to what we have already (nevermind who we'll sign) further back.

We could most definitely cash in on him for a nice return rather than keeping him as a squad player.

He could come on the wing when we are leading, help defend the flank and press to keep us in the front foot, or he could come on when chasing a game and his pressing will help us keep the ball high up and chase an equalise, worked a treat vs Spurs.

As far as being the superstar we thought/hoped he can be, forget it, but depth has been a big issue for us since 2010, and would Oscar really be that bad a rotation player? Of course I wouldn't be upset if he was sold, but he does have some uses.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He could come on the wing when we are leading, help defend the flank and press to keep us in the front foot, or he could come on when chasing a game and his pressing will help us keep the ball high up and chase an equalise, worked a treat vs Spurs.

As far as being the superstar we thought/hoped he can be, forget it, but depth has been a big issue for us since 2010, and would Oscar really be that bad a rotation player? Of course I wouldn't be upset if he was sold, but he does have some uses.

This is the exact role Pedro can play and he's an actual, natural wide player. He's also much more likely to score goals than Oscar is these days.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

This is the exact role Pedro can play and he's an actual, natural wide player. He's also much more likely to score goals than Oscar is these days.

Hat-trick vs Mk Dons :D
It's an unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind keep him for depth, would be quite useful in cup games and against the bottom 3 in the league.

On 27/05/2016 at 2:30 PM, Special Juan said:

I prefer giving a chance for our academy players

Montpellier is ideal for us. Our fans have given us energy and enthusiasm:Conte

After the coach gathered the squad in the middle of the pitch, it took just a few moments of explaining the programme for the coming days before we saw the Azzurri at work in front of the 600 fans who came to watch at Montpellier Herault Sport Club’s training centre. Antonio Conte is ready to take the plunge at this European adventure and he has found the city of Montpellier to be the ideal base from which to prepare for Euro 2016.

“I thank the mayor and the entire city for their welcome,” said Conte at a press conference. “We chose Montpellier because it has an excellent sports centre to work at and because it’s a small and calm city with a large Italian presence. We hope that this bond with the city can bring us luck.”

The coach stopped with fans to sign autographs and take photos at the end of training. “It made us very happy to train here in front of so many Italians,” added Conte. “The squad took energy and enthusiasm from them and I thank them for this.” The warmth from the fans was felt by the fans but so was the higher temperature in France in comparison to Coverciano. “Today we trained in around 26 or 27 degrees, it’s right to acclimatise quickly and to concentrate on what we are doing while focusing on improving without worrying about what is happening elsewhere. We have to keep our heads down to work at our best and get the most out of every single one of us.”

Hard work and faith in the group are the foundations as the coach looks to build a solid and winning Italy side. “I have nothing to clarify about my selections, I only need to see who will do best,” added Conte. “I picked 23 players and I have great faith in them, regardless of who plays.”

vivoazzurro.it

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

^ Is Lewandowski coming then? :lol:

I wish.. 

Lewandowski is bound to move to Real Madrid next summer. You can book It. 

Just as long as we don't replace Costa with Lukaku.. If we do that, I think I'd enter a very long depression.