The Conte Thread

"The Evening Standard reporter, Simon Johnson,  who was in Asia throughout Chelsea’s preseason tour, reports manager Antonio Conte is dejected, demoralized and frustrated after a tough preseason without major summer arrivals."

Bad, worse, (?)!

6 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

"The Evening Standard reporter, Simon Johnson,  who was in Asia throughout Chelsea’s preseason tour, reports manager Antonio Conte is dejected, demoralized and frustrated after a tough preseason without major summer arrivals."

Bad, worse, (?)!

Without even taking this into the equation, did you see him in an interview the other day? He looked totally broken, like a kid who's just been told to fuck off.

7 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Without even taking this into the equation, did you see him in an interview the other day? He looked totally broken, like a kid who's just been told to fuck off.

Seen that unfortunately. I've been watching City and United on their tour too and their level is above, for sure. I'm sure Antonio is watching opponents friendly matches and thinking about being failed BIG by the club so far. I would really hate to see him leaving because he's so good as coach and very likable as a person. 

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Find it, watch it.

1 hour ago, zekinjo said:

Seen that unfortunately. I've been watching City and United on their tour too and their level is above, for sure. I'm sure Antonio is watching opponents friendly matches and thinking about being failed BIG by the club so far. I would really hate to see him leaving because he's so good as coach and very likable as a person. 

Any hints on how to find that video? What was the interview related to?

From pre-season, it seems we will not playing with 2 strikers and 3 CM. Conte looks like prefer to have an established players also. The way he said he has no choice to played Morata on the wing, make me think we will sign another winger, even if Musonda staying. Matic leaving, there is a good chance we will sign another CM. As much as we loved Kante, he will not start every single match in 4 competitions, and Fabregas starting against top teams would struggled. Think it will be a winger, another CM, and a wing back Conte will asked the Board to sign next.

10 hours ago, manpe said:

Any hints on how to find that video? What was the interview related to?

I saw it on tv. It was like highlights of the interview. He talked about preseason, tiredness, lack of quality players in the team and on the bench (in)directly... Simon Johnson said this perfectly  ''dejected, demoralized and frustrated''.