The Conte Thread

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte is again making a hint that he needs players...

This will end in tears as it always is in second season at Chelsea.

I am personally prepared for a tough season for us...

No surprises.

1 hour ago, xPetrCechx said:

Yeah this is what I said before it's in this article:

When asked why he paired new record buy Alvaro Morata with Michy Batshuayi in a 3-4-3, he pointedly added: “This is a necessity because I haven’t other players.”

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Yeah this is what I said before it's in this article:

When asked why he paired new record buy Alvaro Morata with Michy Batshuayi in a 3-4-3, he pointedly added: “This is a necessity because I haven’t other players.”

It's disappointing to hear from him tbh. He had Musonda and Boga, so what is the complaint here? Pedro is injured, Hazard is injured, so nothing you can do about injuries. What does he mean about other players? Morata isn't a winger, so it was simple enough to play with one or two striker instead of as winger. 

6 minutes ago, It's too big said:

It's disappointing to hear from him tbh. He had Musonda and Boga, so what is the complaint here? Pedro is injured, Hazard is injured, so nothing you can do about injuries. What does he mean about other players? Morata isn't a winger, so it was simple enough to play with one or two striker instead of as winger. 

Musonda just came back from injury and Boga already played almost 2 games and was probably tired. 

He probably sees Pep being given just about every player he wants for any price necessary and gets frustrated that he isn't getting what he needs. Man City already had a better squad than us and are adding hundreds of millions of pounds worth of talent to it. We've very obviously needed upgrades to our wing backs since the window opened and haven't signed any. We've now known for ages that Matic is off and that Bakayoko may not be fit any time soon yet still haven't signed another CM.

It almost feels like summer of 15/16 where the manager knows and hints repeatedly that we need more signings but the people in charge of transfers think we're good enough as is or that we can leave it late. I seriously can't even imagine us entering the season after the window closes without signing a pair of new wing backs so I won't panic yet. We surely will be bringing them in. Just annoying that it's taking so long.

What? There are players out injured. He has pieces to work with, they're just not currently available. 

Why are so many people so quick to leap to the absolute worst case regarding the squad?

And mentioning Poch and Spurs as leading by some example? Again, what?

Spurs have one trophy in the last sixteen seasons under Levy's ownership. Is that considered a success because they don't spend money? 

Ridiculous

18 minutes ago, GQman2121 said:

What? There are players out injured. He has pieces to work with, they're just not currently available. 

Why are so many people so quick to leap to the absolute worst case regarding the squad?

Spurs have one trophy in the last sixteen seasons under Levy's ownership. Is that considered a success because they don't spend money? 

Ridiculous

Our success over the last few years is mainly due to our smart signings. Granted not every signing has been great, but for the most part we have been impressive in the market. Since 2012 we've won the CL, EL, EPL x 2, not bad at all in 5 years with a somewhat "limited" or older squad of players. There are plenty of players out there who can be bought for a low price, I am sure, it's just we're looking at very good players playing for top club/s which will cost more. 

17 minutes ago, GQman2121 said:

Ridiculous

We are only missing Hazard, Pedro and Bakayoko. No cover for wing backs or CM. This is a big big issue.

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

Conte is again making a hint that he needs players...

This will end in tears as it always is in second season at Chelsea.

I am personally prepared for a tough season for us...

No surprises.

Hint ? He's talking as straightforward as he can that he needs lots of players and most importantly better players than he has. He couldn't be more clear about it.

5 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

We are only missing Hazard, Pedro and Bakayoko. No cover for wing backs or CM. This is a big big issue.

Yes, only.

Midfield is a concern but I think someone will come in. I'm not worried there. More than a month remaining to remedy this, and with the prices in the current market for wealthy clubs, negotiations are more complicated. 

We'll see if anything happens with Sanches. 

Personally, Inter are signing Vecino from Fiorentina mext week and that may put Kondogbia well behind their starting eleven. We could do much, much worse than signing another young French midfielder. I think he needs to get out of Italy.

Wingback depth exist, it's just inexperienced players unfortunately. Again, we'll see what happens before September.