The Conte Thread

2 hours ago, Pizy said:

Really does sound like Conte wants it known that he's not getting everything he had hoped.

What these quotes do tell us for sure is that the club are indeed actively trying hard to sign wing backs. They better get a couple in before the window closes. But if we weren't willing to go near Walker's price I guess we can definitively rule out Alex Sandro who will cost even more.

Seems like the club is willing to spend enormous fees for certain positions (striker) but have thus far refused to pay absurd prices for other positions. 

For me It shows that the manager + board know that we need fullback but they are not willing to shell out 50 m, They are not as incompetent as people say in this forum.

14 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Conte firing shots at the Chelsea board

DFsUUe-XYAEMznj.jpg

No, in the way he expresses himself in that quote, Antonio is not correct. All too often in the past we've done just that, bought expensive players, when excellent players are what we need. The two things are not the same. Excellent players are not always expensive, and expensive ones are most certainly not always excellent.

We know what Antonio meant, and what he meant is right, but what he said isn't.

The underline message in Conte's quote is that Spurs you wouldnt reach the level that Chelsea or the other big club have reached ... So here is 100m for Kane, take it and sell him to us. Put Delle in the deal as well and we will give it a thought. Simple!!!

He just wanted to put some pressure on the board and let us know that the same board failed not him.  Imagine him opening pandora's box about all the players he wanted and the club failed him.

Highlights of the night: '' there has been a miracle with Leicester and with us, because we won the title with only 13 players''

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Interesting that he is not mentioning about Sandro there.

Probably because negotiations for him aren't over yet and it's kinda disrespectful to talk about players from other teams your own club is in negotiations for. Couple days ago talks of the club targeting Alex Sandro, Antonio Candreva and Fernando Llorente was a pretty obvious media brief from either Conte or someone from the board so I'd assume they're still going to try for Sandro.

If Conte wants he can comment on Sandro if/when negotiations don't lead to anything and he signs that extension at Juve, much like he namedropped Walker here. It does no harm to anyone at that time but to say something now might just piss off Juventus and cause them raising the price even higher.

Antonio Conte explains why Nemanja Matic is training alone at Chelsea after Manchester United’s interest

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/27/antonio-conte-explains-why-matic-is-training-alone-at-chelsea-after-manchester-uniteds-interest-6809522/#ixzz4o1W0haIH

8 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Chelsea Midfield 3: Cesc Bakayoko Kante (No back up)
Man City Midfield 3: KDB D. Silva Fernandinho (Back up: B. Silva, Gundogan, Yaya Toure, Nasri, Fernando, Delph) 

Fan-fucking-tastic

They are playing with 3 , we are playing with 2. Plus it is pep team kdb,2 silvas, nasri are attacking  midfielder but pep like to play them as cm. We need one more, 4 players are enough for us

1 hour ago, communicate said:

They are playing with 3 , we are playing with 2. Plus it is pep team kdb,2 silvas, nasri are attacking  midfielder but pep like to play them as cm. We need one more, 4 players are enough for us

Yeah, and it's not like Nasri is even going to stay. Fabian Delph most likely also on his way out and Gündogan is a huge question mark due to his injuries.

Not everything is what it seems like. On paper City have 9 midfielders but take away Nasri and Delph it's only seven guys for three positions with one of those a severe injury crock.

Of course KDB, 2x Silvas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya and Gündogan is still a cracking set of midfielders but with just one more addition I'd say ours are pretty strong too: Bakayoko, Cesc, Kante, Baker and one new signing would be five players for two positions. Most teams would be envious of that in both quality and depth but I guess 'the grass is always greener on the other side' mentality rules these days. 

23 minutes ago, Jype said:

Yeah, and it's not like Nasri is even going to stay. Fabian Delph most likely also on his way out and Gündogan is a huge question mark due to his injuries.

Not everything is what it seems like. On paper City have 9 midfielders but take away Nasri and Delph it's only seven guys for three positions with one of those a severe injury crock.

Of course KDB, 2x Silvas, Fernandinho, Fernando, Yaya and Gündogan is still a cracking set of midfielders but with just one more addition I'd say ours are pretty strong too: Bakayoko, Cesc, Kante, Baker and one new signing would be five players for two positions. Most teams would be envious of that in both quality and depth but I guess 'the grass is always greener on the other side' mentality rules these days. 

Don't get me wrong, they are a deep team. But if matic stay or got replace then  we will have 4 cm competing for 2 spots, if you have more than that then somebody is going to be unhappy. One of them will not even be in the 18 match squad.

25 minutes ago, communicate said:

Don't get me wrong, they are a deep team. But if matic stay or got replace then  we will have 4 cm competing for 2 spots, if you have more than that then somebody is going to be unhappy. One of them will not even be in the 18 match squad.

How do you know we'll have only 2 CM spots for the entire season? Are you sure that Conte will want to play with 2 midfielders all the time? Well, he might not have a choice if one of them is not available to play, but that's where the 5th CM would step in. If we're gonna insist on having 4, then the 4th one needs to be of adequate quality.

Just now, manpe said:

How do you know we'll have only 2 CM spots for the entire season?

Because we are going to play 343 for the majority of the time, if you want the flexibility to move to 3 man midfield then we should sign a versatile player maybe like chambo but Arsenal will never sell him to us.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Speaking of Delph. I like him. If he'd be willing to play a squad roll, I'd love to have him here. Assuming his wages could be afforded of course. City pay well.

5 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Speaking of Delph. I like him. If he'd be willing to play a squad roll, I'd love to have him here. Assuming his wages could be afforded of course. City pay well.

I also rate the guy from his performances at Aston Villa but that seems like a lifetime ago and for the last couple of years he's hardly played a game so not sure how good he'll be now.

Would assume he'll want to actually play more games when he eventually leaves City so a move to a mid-table side will probably be best for him, last I saw Stoke were being linked.