The Conte Thread

1 minute ago, NiclasCFC said:

I mean he totally deserves the improved terms, but couldnt he at least have extended the contract by 1 year?

1) Club didn't want to give Conte an extension because they know they are going to sack him.

2) Conte didn't want extended contract because of stupid board.

40 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

2 year deal? Da fuck...

Better, no giving 4 years like we did with Mourinho. 

I keep stating as long as we squeeze 3 to 5 years out of a manager that is long term for me!

You can do a lot in 5 years! 

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Hopefully he only signed it after assurances that his transfer targets are secured. Would be pretty shitty of the club announced this now as damage control if we fail to sign anyone else of note.

I'd expect that to be a given. He doesn't want to follow a similar fate to Mourinho and made sure the board did/doing their bit before signing.

24 minutes ago, Marvin123 said:

Yeah I'm pretty sure Danilo and morata are done deals

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Danilo maybe, but don't think Morata is done deal. Might even had just prepared to make a move.

I am so incredibly done with this club and it's board who have absolutely zero football knowledge and are only good in dropping managers like a stone. 

This isn't even an extension. This is a pay rise to say thank you to Conte for winning the Premier League last season and that's it. No long-term project or anything. Nothing. 

I'm getting so incredibly tired of Chelsea. Maybe it's for the best that our shady, crooked owner gets busted and he fucks off to a Russian gulag and we get an owner who's not only good at sacking managers, but also good at actually running a football club with the right people. 

People who are going to bash on me for saying these things about Abramovich have no morals. Look up on the mans history. I don't care how much money he has spent for Chelsea or whatever, I cannot like the man. Love the place I work for, but I greatly dislike my employer. I like Chelsea, just not the owner and his incompetent henchmen. 

Have fun everybody. Might see some of you on the ManCity forum soon. Peace. 

6 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

I am so incredibly done with this club and it's board who have absolutely zero football knowledge and are only good in dropping managers like a stone. 

This isn't even an extension. This is a pay rise to say thank you to Conte for winning the Premier League last season and that's it. No long-term project or anything. Nothing. 

I'm getting so incredibly tired of Chelsea. Maybe it's for the best that our shady, crooked owner gets busted and he fucks off to a Russian gulag and we get an owner who's not only good at sacking managers, but also good at actually running a football club with the right people. 

People who are going to bash on me for saying these things about Abramovich have no morals. Look up on the mans history. I don't care how much money he has spent for Chelsea or whatever, I cannot like the man. Love the place I work for, but I greatly dislike my employer. I like Chelsea, just not the owner and his incompetent henchmen. 

Have fun everybody. Might see some of you on the ManCity forum soon. Peace. 

Tell them to keep Aguero while your at it :cig:

It kinda makes sense. Board being realistic, Conte being realistic. If we eventually develop some great both-ways love with Conte, he can always pen an extension. If not, three years it is and let's make the best out of it.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

You guys blind? 

Look at what carlo did at real in such a period of time? 

Then what Zidane did after in such a period of time? 

I keep repeating, 3 years is a long time. 

If he can do his full 3 years then good and then after that asses. 

14 minutes ago, Barbara said:

Scenes, club makes a statement, manager makes a statement and the forum's know-it-alls go quiet. Typical

Well to be fair signing a contract with improved terms but same contract length is hardly amazing, only confirms he's finally getting that long overdue pay raise and won't be going anywhere this summer if there was ever any doubt about that. Of course Conte being allowed to bring in more of his own guys to the backroom staff is great so in a way giving the man more power at the club goes some way in making him more committed even without an extension.

However, not agreeing to the previously offered 2021 extension does spin the story quite nicely to fit the narrative that Conte is not satisfied enough with the board's efforts in the market this summer to commit himself for longer than two more years. If all turns out well he can sign the extension later but if he's not happy with the club next summer he can easily jump ship to Milan or something.

Anyway I'm just happy it's finally out in the open that he's staying so any silly rumours about him walking out will be put to bed. Now just need to make some long overdue player signings and all is good.