The Conte Thread

Chelsea keeping tabs on several striker targets to replace Diego Costa but will not be rushed into signings                        

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/17/chelsea-keeping-tabs-several-striker-targets-replace-diego-costa/

Till no one left... <_<

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Conte hasn't looked happy in any of the pictures/videos I've seen of him so far this summer. Can't blame him.

You say that as if the pictures are proof he's not happy. Pictures will a lot of the time give the wrong impression, especially if it's something like Training. 

Since missing out on Lukaku, #Chelsea have checked on Morata, Belotti & Aubameyang, while Sanchez hasn’t been fully discounted. [Telegraph]

After refusing to match Raiola’s fee to sign Lukaku, #Chelsea will not allow other clubs to dictate their transfer policy. [Telegraph]

Rather than focussing all their effort + attention on one target, #Chelsea are talking to clubs & agents about several strikers. [Telegraph]

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Anyone else get annoyed reading the words "after losing out on Lukaku" in every Chelsea related articles? Fucking sick of it.

What's more annoying is every article related to Chelsea claiming how angry Conte is with everything or how he's fuming at this or fuming at that. They make him sound like he's the Incredible Hulk rampaging around Cobham 24/7.

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

DEF: Moses, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill, Alonso

MID: Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko

FWD: Batshuayi, Pedro, Willian

There are just SIXTEEN senior players at the club. I think it's time to ask - What the fuck is happening?

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

There are just SIXTEEN senior players at the club. I think it's time to ask - What the fuck is happening?

It's absolute pathetic, that's what's happening.

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Uhmmmm we might not meet the homegrown quota? 

Or we are finally going to play some youth? :)

Don't think we should panic until the season is just about to start and we're still 3-4 signings short. The speed with which our board is working is extremely annoying, though.

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Uhmmmm we might not meet the homegrown quota? 

Or we are finally going to play some youth? :)

No, we will meet the quota. Since the club is not registering 25 players, they don't need to have 8 home grown players in the squad

Cahill Moses Fabregas are the only Home grown players at the moment among 15 senior players (Christensen is U-21). The club can add five more non-homegrown players and still submit a 20-man Premier League squad. This is my understanding anyway

No, we will meet the quota. Since the club is not registering 25 players, they don't need to have 8 home grown players in the squad

Cahill Moses Fabregas are the only Home grown players at the moment among 15 senior players (Christensen is U-21). The club can add five more non-homegrown players and still submit a 20-man Premier League squad. This is my understanding anyway

Yea my understanding is the same. That we don't actually need a certain number of homegrown, but instead that there is a limit on how many non-homegrown. So it is that we can have 17 non-homegrown players. Then if you want players on your roster they have tobe homegrown (a max of 7, or unlimited U-21).

I think it was@tomo who explained that Eduardo actually doesn't necessarily take up a spot either. That he can just not be registered, and if we need him cause injuries then we can use some emergency rule and switch him with another non-homegrown player.