The Conte Thread

27 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Not sure about Conte wanting Lukaku. Conte demands every player press the opposition. Lukaku has run the least out of the main strikers in the league last season.

that's interesting

Chelsea are growing seriously worried Antonio Conte could quit before the start of the season.

The Blues boss is someone who has a quick temper, and makes his feelings clear, and now the Blues think he may not even return on Monday, when he was supposed to be there for pre-season training.

Now however, after losing Romelu Lukaku, the Chelsea board are worried that even landing Alvaro Morata or Andrea Belotti will not be enough to keep Conte happy and at the club.

“Conte is due back to work on Sunday but many staff expect this to be delayed after a series of phone calls with technical director Michael Emenalo.

“I’ve heard Conte has made it clear how angry he is and getting Andrea Belotti or Alvaro Morata might not be enough to calm him down.

“Conte is insisting the Blues match United’s Lukaku offer but the club fear it’s already too late.”

Huge issue
The problems for Chelsea should they lose Conte would be massive, and far, far worse than seeing Manchester United land Lukaku.

There is a lingering resentment towards the manager from certain board members, who feel he may well have made the situation worse with his handling of the Diego Costa situation, meaning if Chelsea fail to land their forward targets, they will have little left.

It's hilarious that according to those newspapers whether Conte stays or not comes down to only Lukaku, not even Belotti or Morata would cheer him up :lol: The journos aren't even trying to come up with something believable anymore.

King 'Tonio will start and finish the season with us, mark my words.

23 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

(for those of you who'll be looking for the tweet, he hasn't tweeted it, he said it live on skysports 20 mins ago)

Can we stop discussing this BS now? These lying papers come up with this BS everytime we miss out on a target

"Still"...

To be honest I don't know what you think about the whole situation. Conte did a great job last season, but for me if those news are true, he is acting like a petulant child.

I mean, the team already had a proper goalscorer. I know most people were unhappy with Costa in the last part of the season, but I'm pretty sure most Premier League fans around will agree he is better than Lukaku or at least both are at the same level. Then Conte say to this striker that he is not wanted anymore BEFORE the team had replacement. So, the team was in a weird situation where a top class striker was needed so bad. Now he Conte is sooooo angry because the team missed the top target.

Its something like that: "hey, I don't want this striker anymore, I already told him that he is useless now, so you have to buy me Lukaku or I will get pissed".

Telegraph Football‏Verified account @TeleFootball 

Chelsea add Italian analyst to Antonio Conte's staff as Alex Sandro and Tiemoue Bakayoko deals progress    

Conte has added analyst Davide Mazzotta to his staff, following the exit of Steve Holland. An assistant is still to be announced.

7 hours ago, Henrique said:

To be honest I don't know what you think about the whole situation. Conte did a great job last season, but for me if those news are true, he is acting like a petulant child.

I mean, the team already had a proper goalscorer. I know most people were unhappy with Costa in the last part of the season, but I'm pretty sure most Premier League fans around will agree he is better than Lukaku or at least both are at the same level. Then Conte say to this striker that he is not wanted anymore BEFORE the team had replacement. So, the team was in a weird situation where a top class striker was needed so bad. Now he Conte is sooooo angry because the team missed the top target.

Its something like that: "hey, I don't want this striker anymore, I already told him that he is useless now, so you have to buy me Lukaku or I will get pissed".

I think it all fell apart when Costa didn't respect Conte after knowing that the Chinese club came for him. Remember how he refused to train? well can't blame Conte for that. Conte is the boss he probably doesnt want to deal with the fact that he has a player who refuses to cooperate at the crucial junction in our title race again, nothing wrong about that. Even if we did have Costa I think we need a/another top striker to compete in all competitions.  

It would be a stroke of genius if Conte can defend the title this season judging by how our transfer market is going( I know it is a little early but still). There isn't a sense of urgency shown from our club. Really hope that Lukaku wasn't in our radar and it was just a fantasy story cooked by some journalists to get viewership.

5 hours ago, Henrique said:

Well if that's the case, Conte is definitely out the door this summer. 

Can't get a long with his striker, board can't close deal. 

And Conte who gets furious for lack of transfer, he is a goner!