The Conte Thread

I sincerely think Antonio won't be on the sideline at our first Premier League match. 

And if that's the case, I'll be heartbroken again. Just like I was when Carlo and Roberto left. And Mou a bit as well in 2015. 

Managers at Chelsea get treated so poorly and it's starting to disgust me. 

If Conte is gone, I'll be gone as well until something changes at this club. 

The idea that Conte's 'mad' and 'fuming' over not getting Lukaku is surely, surely, surely a lie. 

First, he isn't so arrogant to have the approach of 'the board must secure all my potential targets without fail - that is what they are for - they will succeed every time.'

Second, you don't carry a bit of 'rage' from your football job around you in 'real' life - so where was this rage displayed for people to pick up on it? Is he slamming doors around the stadium & his car? Is he calling people names and refusing the cake they try to share? Did he send his nephew a shit in a box for his birthday? I doubt it. The only place any lack of satisfaction would be displayed, would be in the boardroom, where nobody would let it 'leak' that Conte's 'furious.'

I'm 99% sure this is another very easy to make, very hard to prove wrong story. Every season there's complete fallacies spun by the media just to make our fanbase uncomfortable.

13 minutes ago, Leif said:

The idea that Conte's 'mad' and 'fuming' over not getting Lukaku is surely, surely, surely a lie. 

First, he isn't so arrogant to have the approach of 'the board must secure all my potential targets without fail - that is what they are for - they will succeed every time.'

Second, you don't carry a bit of 'rage' from your football job around you in 'real' life - so where was this rage displayed for people to pick up on it? Is he slamming doors around the stadium & his car? Is he calling people names and refusing the cake they try to share? Did he send his nephew a shit in a box for his birthday? I doubt it. The only place any lack of satisfaction would be displayed, would be in the boardroom, where nobody would let it 'leak' that Conte's 'furious.'

I'm 99% sure this is another very easy to make, very hard to prove wrong story. Every season there's complete fallacies spun by the media just to make our fanbase uncomfortable.

While I agree on the part that 'Conte fuming' is just an easy way to get clicks, sell some papers and in general is just lazy journalism but you can't deny that the board really fucked up here if Lukaku was Conte's first choice.

Lukaku to Chelsea was really the most straightforward transfer in the history of transfers because the player himself has been quite openly whoring himself back for over a year now with all that talk of 'unfinished business' etc. and going by reports Conte really wanted him back too so the only thing remaining was for the board to pay up the required money. It's a lot of money for Lukaku, yes, but it's not like the club couldn't afford it and they just chose not to so I can understand if Conte is disappointed with them.

Our stupid board is sooo lucky that Conte won them the title.

If we for example finished outside 4 this season I think people would be asking for board heads.

But these fuckers don't appreciate anything.

I fully agree with others. I suppose he will still be our manager at the start of the season but it will end up in tears. Once again... and again... and again...

Antonio Conte was reportedly frustrated with the Chelsea hierarchy over a lack of investment in the transfer market, but the champions are confident the Italian is committed to them, Sky sources understand

5 minutes ago, the wes said:

Antonio Conte was reportedly frustrated with the Chelsea hierarchy over a lack of investment in the transfer market, but the champions are confident the Italian is committed to them, Sky sources understand

That doesn't make sense. If he was frustrated why he would be committed especially after they continue to do the same shenanigans of last year? 

Just make damn sure Conte gets his absolute #1 choice striker now amongst whoever is available. These reports of him being unhappy will hopefully fade away and we may very well be better off having missed out on Lukaku.

It certainly looks bad from the outside looking in that he hasn't signed a new contract. Then again, knowing how utterly shite the media has been reporting Chelsea news this summer, Conte may have signed the contract ages ago and the club have just kept things quiet.

Which Utd fan wrote that article? OTT journalism. I find it hard to imagine we weren't willing to pay what Everton wanted, but will spend £70-80m on one of Belotti or Morata. I could be very wrong, and if I am I'll put my hands up. However, I believe Lukaku, Morata and Belotti were strikers we were looking at, but the price for Everton were asking for too much, the board relayed this to Conte and they agreed to go for one of the others instead. I also find it difficult for Conte to be angry at the board when (IF TRUE) he made a big mistake in dealing with the Costa situation. If anything, it's the board who have the right to be angry with him. I find the jounalism this time of year to be greatly exaggerated, and OTT headlines like those are because they want/need clicks and views. 

Chelsea winded by Romelu Lukaku blow and Antonio Conte will demand answers

The manager had pinned his hopes on Lukaku leading the line and the striker’s apparently imminent move to Manchester United raises questions about whether Chelsea have again taken their eye off the ball after winning the title

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jul/07/chelsea-romelu-lukaku-antonio-conte-manchester-united