test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

5,597 posts in this topic
5 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

This forum is an absolute train wreck right now.

Thank the club for that.

xPetrCechx and Leif like this

Sill believe in Conte. You know things aren't good when you dont get the manager players to play in the pre-season. We have been selling players without getting any new signing how deluded are we? 

Just because we managed to keep players fit last season doesn't mean that we will be able to do so again( also coupled with the fact that we had only PL to focus on)

Does board not see that we are now in the CL and we need squad depth if we want to get anywhere near reaching even semi's of CL.

I feel sad for Conte, he will be sacked for no fault of his. Our club is a joke, big joke. We couldn't handle the eva matter, now this season Costa. I can't believe why these kind of things happens to us. Few years back United were in a similar situation with Rooney and they handled the situation so very well. 

Difficult times but we need to still keep faith in our players, club and Conte.

What pisses me off is that we had quality youngsters that our club sold. had we just retained them we wouldn't be this mess where we are finding it hard to get players. 
I dont know if the Costa situation is preventing or hindering our ability to get good players in.

7 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

What a sad post. Of course it's the manager's fault as usual. It has nothing to do with Granovskaia and Emenalo, two unqualified oafs who are currently failing at their jobs. At least Conte is qualified for his job. What is Granovskaia's experience in football before being handed a crucial role in Chelsea FC PLC by Abramovich? Right, NOTHING. 

Granovskia or whatever her name is did not make Cahill captain. She probably never heard of Alonso before Conte demanded they pay 25m for him. I'm not defending her but to absolve Conte of ANY blame is laughable.

Emenalo is highly qualified. He has played at a high level and has years of experience in football. He is behind some of our best transfers but unfortunately for him a succession of Chelsea managers have been wankers with zero interest in the club's long term prospects.

Nobody is forcing Conte to play Cahill.

6 minutes ago, Styles said:

Granovskia or whatever her name is did not make Cahill captain. She probably never heard of Alonso before Conte demanded they pay 25m for him. I'm not defending her but to absolve Conte of ANY blame is laughable.

Hmmm. I actually like Alonso, I'm glad we got him. But I'd rather have him as a squad player than a starting XI player.

EDIT: But yes, as whatshappening had said, Cahill as captain is not our biggest problem at the moment.

TheIceMan and Adnane like this

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Conte is not the problem, backing him and transfers coming in are.

Exactly. Conte will have had a list of at least a few players in each position of need in the boards hands for a couple of months now. Absolutely no excuses for them not to have brought in a couple of wing backs and we should've had a new CM in BEFORE we even sold Matic.

We just witnessed PSG within a couple of days spend £200m on a single player even as Barca were saying no. Chelsea, a club which is much bigger than PSG Penny pinches in a summer where we should have more money on hand than ever.

If I'm Conte, I tell the board that if 3-4 more signings aren't made by the end of this window I'm walking at the first chance I get next summer.

King11Didier and xPetrCechx like this

If 4-5 players of genuine quality that Conte can trust aren't attained by August 31st, that will be the end of our season. 

Was listening to Michael Caley on his pod the other day, and he made an astute point that if those bodies aren't brought in, many of our players will hit a physcial wall due to a serious accumulation of minutes around January. 

Cahill/Luiz (who was playing injured since Dec.)/Kante/Azpi/Pedro/Hazard/and especially the wingbacks Alonso/Moses. 

You'd think the club would be aware of this, but after 2015/16 you can't rule anything out with this club. 

Edit: I just started a new Football Manager save with the updated current squad and look at this squad report i received.

:lol::lol:

IMG_2730.JPG

Leif, Adnane and 11Drogba like this

You know we will not sign 7+ players in very short time, especially after we won the PL. Today is a perfect example, to show what our squad still lacking at the moment. Hopefully it is blessing in disguise, and we will finish some deals more quickly now.

It makes a massive difference when somebody who shouldn't even be in the starting 11 is made captain - solidifying his role in the team. That's unforgiveable. I genuinely want Conte out sooner rather than later just so we don't lose Christensen.
It was somehow understandable that you could make a case against Mourinho in his third year, but it's getting ridiculous now that you want Conte out. TheSkipper said back then that you enjoyed it too much and here we have a deja vu, lol.

Have you seen Christensen? If you had you would know that -despite possessing talent the boy wasn't that good last season and in no way one could expect him to be a first teamer after a few weeks within the team.

Moreover there's some serious underrating of the likes of Cahill, Moses and Alonso going on here. Yes, there're obviously football wise better players out there, but they've been vital cogs in a well oiled machine.

What's not going well is breeding in more players to have better options.

But all you do is having a good moan and loving Eden Hazard, lol.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

11Drogba and Fernando like this

If it was hard for us to get some decent players, after today's performance gets even harder. 

Leif likes this

They need to be realistic. If injuries/suspension happen they can't be surprised if we drop points or whatever. Still time to deal with issues but seeing as we have for most of summer anyway.n

12 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

It was somehow understandable that you could make a case against Mourinho in his third year, but it's getting ridiculous now that you want Conte out. TheSkipper said back then that you enjoyed it too much and here we have a deja vu, lol.

Have you seen Christensen? If you had you would know that -despite possessing talent the boy wasn't that good last season and in no way one could expect him to be a first teamer after a few weeks within the team.

Moreover there's some serious underrating of the likes of Cahill, Moses and Alonso going on here. Yes, there're obviously football wise better players out there, but they've been vital cogs in a well oiled machine.

What's not going well is breeding in more players to have better options.

But all you do is having a good moan and loving Eden Hazard, lol.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

There's almost nothing like a good moan :Goober: