The Conte Thread

8 minutes ago, manpe said:

You don't know what the board think. They might just have shit negotiators or our finances aren't as good as people think, but everything we've heard and read so far indicates that they are ambitious and are trying to bring in top targets. It doesn't always work out, but we still have 2 months to improve our squad. You are also writing off players because of their names before having seen them play for us, that is a mistake. If Conte does really leave mid-summer, then he's a cheque book manager and a quitter, and also the board are a bunch of wankers then, but until any of this happens there is no point in panicking.

It has never happened since Cesc. We failed with every possible first target and Sandro might continue the trend. Since when is Conte a cheque book manager if he leaves, the guy came here stood his ground even after we failed with all our 1st targets last summer and got the title. He deserves every bit of respect even if he decides to leave right now. I've heard about the board so called ambitions in the last month and nothing happened, Conte not signing the extension pretty much confirms he is waiting on the board to see what happens with his targets.

As for the last part it's been said the same ever since the FA Cup and from then to now we got Willy and a guy like Rudiger who isn't even a first target for Conte, yes I don't believe Conte waited an entire month before signing Rudiger he probably had someone else in mind but the board fucked up again.

With each passing day this summer transfer looks more and more blank, we still have 2 months but the tour will start this month and we haven't even signed 1/4 of the number of position we need to strengthen.

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

Kante.

Nainggolan was our first target unless we wanted both. And yes that turned out great but it won't always be the case.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

More and more blank? It's July the fucking second, jesus shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've said the same thing last year and panic bought our last 2 defenders in the last day. Likely means the same this year or at least miss the tour.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Georgey is sounding suspiciously similar to that Gullit guy who was here last summer who did nothing but whine for the sake of it.

I don't know that person but I'm not moaning for the sake of it but for the vibes our board been giving in the last few years. You realize I'm not the only one sharing this opinion right?  I'm free to share my thoughts even if they are meaningless rants, I'm not attacking anyone, like some of you get annoyed with people like me "moaning for the sake of it" I dislike some opinions which say everything will be ok and it's only July when it's been the same thing last year and even 2 years ago with Mourinho.

34 minutes ago, Georgy said:

don't know that person but I'm not moaning for the sake of it but for the vibes our board been giving in the last few years. You realize I'm not the only one sharing this opinion right?  I'm free to share my thoughts even if they are meaningless rants, I'm not attacking anyone, like some of you get annoyed with people like me "moaning for the sake of it" I dislike some opinions which say everything will be ok and it's only July when it's been the same thing last year and even 2 years ago with Mourinho.

Almost all of your recent post's have been attacking the board, in past experience that is  (only really posting on 1 subject)  a red flag. I hope you prove me wrong and if you do ill unreservedly apologize but in this site especially i have seen the signs too many times.

36 minutes ago, Georgy said:

We've said the same thing last year and panic bought our last 2 defenders in the last day. Likely means the same this year or at least miss the tour.

I don't know that person but I'm not moaning for the sake of it but for the vibes our board been giving in the last few years. You realize I'm not the only one sharing this opinion right?  I'm free to share my thoughts even if they are meaningless rants, I'm not attacking anyone, like some of you get annoyed with people like me "moaning for the sake of it" I dislike some opinions which say everything will be ok and it's only July when it's been the same thing last year and even 2 years ago with Mourinho.

Bakayoko and Lukaku are done deals, they are everybit as obvious as Costa and Luis 3 years ago (which were made official in mid July, just saying). As for 2015, Jose deserves every bit as much stick as the board for that farce, if not more.

3 hours ago, manpe said:

You don't know what the board think. They might just have shit negotiators or our finances aren't as good as people think, but everything we've heard and read so far indicates that they are ambitious and are trying to bring in top targets. It doesn't always work out, but we still have 2 months to improve our squad. You are also writing off players because of their names before having seen them play for us, that is a mistake. If Conte does really leave mid-summer, then he's a cheque book manager and a quitter, and also the board are a bunch of wankers then, but until any of this happens there is no point in panicking.

I don't think you are a chelsea fan or you even watched Chelsea last season. I will be more than happy if Conte left because he was not going to get close to what he wants for a second time running. I like his club form(4 league titles in last 4yrs) and I don't want it to be damaged by us. I am not saying he will win all trophies until he retires but i just want to wish him the best liike i and most chelsea faithfuls did when Mourihno left the first time. Besides every modern manager is a cheque book manager. Thats what the money earned by the club is for. THE CHEQUE BOOK or every team should just use only academy players like Arsenal and see whether you will win a major trophy. Even Barca have seen that and are now chasing the likes of Dembele and Verratti.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Almost all of your recent post's have been attacking the board, in past experience that is  (only really posting on 1 subject)  a red flag. I hope you prove me wrong and if you do ill unreservedly apologize but in this site especially i have seen the signs too many times.

Bakayoko and Lukaku are done deals, they are everybit as obvious as Costa and Luis 3 years ago (which were made official in mid July, just saying). As for 2015, Jose deserves every bit as much stick as the board for that farce, if not more.

You might be right saying I focus to much on my hate against the board (warranted or not) to say anything else. I feel like a lot of the things that pull us behind is mainly because of how they do business. We've lost some deals because we didn't want to overpay. It's good to have a nice balance and just search attainable targets when the prices are to much but sometimes I feel we would be at the same point with the money if we overpaid for those 2-3 players but better as a team. I'll try to tone down a bit my hate towards them.

I really do hope Bakayoko and Lukaku are done deals (even if I don't particularly like Lukaku) will see what this month brings I hope we can get most of our transfers done by the time we hit the tour.

^^
Don't forget, around 100m of our projected profit(?) each season goes just to player wages alone. Other costs like marketing & maintenance of the stadium follow surely, unless Nike take entire control of marketing (I'd let them.)

But still. 200m-300m is enough to designate a fraction of that towards an established elite player.

41 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

TV rights: £153m
Players sold: £120m
Nike: £60m
Yokohama: £40m
Carabao: £10m
Winning Premier League: £38m

New Total: £421m

Signed:
Willy Caballero: Free

It's not yet time to panic, it's still the first week of July. But I'll be furious if we have no major players 2 weeks into pre-season, because we need the new signings from other leagues to be ready with Conte immediately due to hazards injury. 

Last time we won the league, the board decided we needed no major moves.

This time after winning the league, the board seemingly decide we need no major moves.

Might just be the worst board in the Premier League when it comes to recruitment policies. Man City do what we used to, and are supposed to still do. Now our transfers are like Tottenham's before they became more than a mid-table club.

11 minutes ago, Leif said:

This time after winning the league, the board seemingly decide we need no major moves.

Might just be the worst board in the Premier League when it comes to recruitment policies. Man City do what we used to, and are supposed to still do. Now our transfers are like Tottenham's before they became more than a mid-table club.

Apart from 2015-16, we have penny pinched very well. 32mon Costa, Hazard, Luiz, Kante, Fabregas in the last few years. Hardly Spurs esque. 

Maybe 2 years ago when we were signing Willian, Schurrle, I would compare Chelsea to Spurs but we have our sights far bigger now. Alex Sandro, one of the best LB in the world, Lukaku, flat-track bully in the Premier League and one of Monaco's promising youngsters while Tottenham are looking to re-sign Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Man City have far more squad positions to fill and a remote possibility of a transfer ban later in the month. Even then, the keeper and Silva are the only players they've signed yet. The panic is a bit much, no?

8 hours ago, Leif said:

If the City board are so brilliant, why aren't Mendy and Walker City player's yet?

Signing the #1 prospect when it comes to wingers tends to justify a break.

I don't think Man City's board has their value determined by how quickly they tie up their signings, anyway. When ever has getting the job done 'fastest' been synonymous with 'best' or 'great quality'?

Compare the long term vision - 

De Bruyne, Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Sane; 

Some of the best players in Europe for the next 10 years. Firepower on top of firepower.

Who do Chelsea have secured, set to be among the best players in Europe for the next 10 years? Maybe Christensen, who doesn't look like being integrated, unlike City's talent. No foresight. No impressive plans.

While they're targeting players to improve their XI in the long run and short term, we target players to bloat our bench for the short term, and target players who're no better than ones we already have for the XI.

Where is our Fabregas replacement? Where is our Hazard back up? Who compliments Hazard with elite ability on the opposite wing? Where are our young players? Why are our 2nd & 3rd choice right-backs Moses & Pedro? Why do we continue to hold onto Willian, Cahill, where it only takes 1 bad season for Man City to phase out the crap? (Mangala, Bony, Nasri, Hart.)

Our boards aren't in the same league.