The Conte Thread

So with all the sales we have made are we to be proud of it. Is Chelsea going to sell the rest of the young chaps? Does Chelsea think we can buy 11+ new players before deadline day? Does Chelsea think it takes only two days for a whole team which includes startingXI, squad rotational players, and sporadic first team players to gel and get working.

To be honest I am very embarrassed and angry right now for the sale of Ake. Forget that we won the title. When we had a bad season last two seasons, some of these kids(Traore) help us to the 10th place we got when our big guns were not working. What does this message send to other young guys. Let's not even think of Mbappe and co. What about those coming (mason mount and Tomori).

I am being emotional about it and yes I must. We are going for Rudigar why? What did Ake have to do. After the fa cup I though he had done enough. This guy won the Europa with us. Come on blues.

I hope this comes to hurt us in the future because we seem not to learn.

We have been linked with everyone this summer but it seems once again we cannot close the deals. Every time we win the league, we don't buy players and next season we are in big big trouble. I won't be surprised if it happens again and Conte is sacked or he leaves. Really wanted to see most of new signing starting pre season together but it looks like only huge signing Willy will be with us. Well done Chelsea board again.

2 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

with this market conte will leave right now 

Yeah pretty much it. 

You can't keep doing the same thing every season. 

After the Arsenal game they should have started working on transfer like city did. And after July 1st the best we could do was a free transfer..... 

51 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Really wanted to see most of new signing starting pre season together but it looks like only huge signing Willy will be with us.

I'm pretty sure that at least Bakayoko and Rüdiger will join Willy on the tour.

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

We have been linked with everyone this summer but it seems once again we cannot close the deals. Every time we win the league, we don't buy players and next season we are in big big trouble. I won't be surprised if it happens again and Conte is sacked or he leaves. Really wanted to see most of new signing starting pre season together but it looks like only huge signing Willy will be with us. Well done Chelsea board again.

The 2nd year under Carlo we offloaded 5 senior squad player (Belletti the kind, deco, ballack ext), same thing last year. They just don't learn...

1 hour ago, Fernando said:

Yeah pretty much it. 

You can't keep doing the same thing every season. 

After the Arsenal game they should have started working on transfer like city did. And after July 1st the best we could do was a free transfer..... 

So if the City board are such genius negotiator's why aren't Mendy and Walker at the club yet?

12 minutes ago, Georgy said:

I hope Conte leaves if Sandro doesn't come it's obvious the board is penny pinching in this deal.

Another dedicated fan hoping for the worst for us.

Just now, manpe said:

Another dedicated fan hoping for the worst for us.

I'm not hoping for the worst but it will turn out bad either way. Some of you and board think Conte is some sort of magician who can turn bang average players to great players. He can't always do his magic if we continue to buy for him fringe players like Rudiger and Lukaku. 

1 minute ago, Georgy said:

I'm not hoping for the worst but it will turn out bad either way. Some of you and board think Conte is some sort of magician who can turn bang average players to great players. He can't always do his magic if we continue to buy for him fringe players like Rudiger and Lukaku. 

You don't know what the board think. They might just have shit negotiators or our finances aren't as good as people think, but everything we've heard and read so far indicates that they are ambitious and are trying to bring in top targets. It doesn't always work out, but we still have 2 months to improve our squad. You are also writing off players because of their names before having seen them play for us, that is a mistake. If Conte does really leave mid-summer, then he's a cheque book manager and a quitter, and also the board are a bunch of wankers then, but until any of this happens there is no point in panicking.