The Conte Thread

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Give him control over transfers alright. Worth a shot and can't do worse than Emenalo and his stop-gap signings. But it is far too early for a contract extension though. 

Which stop gap signing's would they be?

58 minutes ago, manpe said:

Giving full control of transfers to a manager makes absolutely 0 sense unless that manager has longevity under his belt like SAF and Wenger. Giving full control to an employee that could well be working somewhere else in a few years time is stupid, the club would lack any kind of cohesion and vision in that department.

Despite his longevity Wenger getting a free role is mainly why Arsenal are such a mess, even in his early year's he held them back from being a major force. 

48 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Despite his longevity Wenger getting a free role is mainly why Arsenal are such a mess, even in his early year's he held them back from being a major force. 

Did Wenger get full control instantly or did he earn it with time?

32 minutes ago, manpe said:

Did Wenger get full control instantly or did he earn it with time?

Given how much of a control freak he is, he probably demanded it from the off. Infact i wouldn't be surprised if lack of full control in potential other jobs is why he is still there.

10 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't understand what you mean by "finally listening".

I'm sure he's had reassurances on targets he wants and more control in general. The board have seemingly been the deciding force in recent windows going by who's come in (Papy, Hector, Atsu, etc).

5 hours ago, Tomo said:

I am not so sure Arsene the director of football is the problem,his signing and his player development has been fine. Arsene the manager imo is more the problem. 

I don't get just letting manager control everything. The board or whoever in charge of the footballing side need to have a vision of who should they sign. The manager should have input but more on the short term. 

We actually had brilliant plan but few years back Mou decided that he doesn't like Lukaku, kdb and Bertrand. I think our team would have been complete with the addition of these 3 players. 

Moreover, personally with the way Conte coach a team, I don't think it will work for long term. He is brilliant instilling a winning mentality to the side, but he is so passionate and put tons of pressure to the player.  I am not sure it will work long term. 

24 minutes ago, communicate said:

I am not so sure Arsene the director of football is the problem,his signing and his player development has been fine. Arsene the manager imo is more the problem. 

Even that has been off for a while, Ox, Walcott especially have stagnanted badly.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Even that has been off for a while, Ox, Walcott especially have stagnanted badly.

Maybe but at least they are serviceable player. He has plenty of player that he bought very cheap, very young develop them and at least make them into rotation player.

21 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Antonio Conte will walk away from Chelsea if transfer demands are not met

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/antonio-conte-will-walk-away-chelsea-transfer-demands-not-met-160340576.html

Seems like old news this. 

Little imagination here.