The Conte Thread

26 minutes ago, NiclasCFC said:

Kinda ironic that you of all posters on this forum call them out for misspelling...

Fair point nobody perfect it just shows that everybody makes spelling mistakes even sky sports :D

50 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

If we are to challenge on all fronts and that means everything then it has to be a 300M summer. Elite players need to be purchased, such as Alexis Sanchez. No point scraping the barrel because come next season we will be left high and dry because we did fuck all about it. Another shite summer of Papa Djiliboji's won't cut it, those transfers windows need to be a thing of the past and all this scrambling in the remaining minutes of a transfer window come because we simply won't pay the money and it's quite frankly stupid.

If you want to be part of the elite then you pay elite money for elite players, very simple.

+99 LIKES!!!

Its very rare nowadays that a buy like N'gol coes along. Top talent at shit hot price. But I wonder just if we woulda bought him if he was say £5 mill more?? I'm wondering ore n more. Has our incoming transfers been price capped?

In these days of the TOP clubs attracting all the top name players as it is it doesn't seem to make a bit of difference we got a shit hot mamager,just won the premiership (again), a owner that we all assume gives the manager his backing (hmmmm!)

So clubs like us IF we are serious about competeing with these teams then we need to pay thru the nose for certaib key players. If not then we might as well just use or youth and be happy to be in mid table with a 2nd rate manager.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

If we are to challenge on all fronts and that means everything then it has to be a 300M summer. Elite players need to be purchased, such as Alexis Sanchez. No point scraping the barrel because come next season we will be left high and dry because we did fuck all about it. Another shite summer of Papa Djiliboji's won't cut it, those transfers windows need to be a thing of the past and all this scrambling in the remaining minutes of a transfer window come because we simply won't pay the money and it's quite frankly stupid.

If you want to be part of the elite then you pay elite money for elite players, very simple.

If we can get players like Ngolo for 30m, Im all for it. No need to pay 90m to get Pogba. 

But when such players arent available, our club starts looking for cheaper alternatives and it ends with still paying alot like 30m for decent player instead of paying 50m for top one that would solve that position for next few years. 

Very annoying. 

However I think when we DO decide to pay bit more, we always end up with flop.

We always did bad with superstars, thats why I think we should avoid most of them. But we were also great in buying quality players who were less known ala Essien, Drogba...but our policy today is dont overspend for such players because they are not worth it yet? 

At least thats the expression I get from recent summer windows and media.

I want conte to are fergie sorry I mean our fergie but 2bh i don't blame him if he quits for me a manager should have full control of a club which conte doesn't this needs to change Ake said last month he needs to talk to Michael Emenalo about his future at the club Wdf like he should be talking to Conte about his future he's the manager of the club not Michael Emenalo

This forum is full of nonsense 

18 hours ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

it is about time a manager told Emenalo and Marina to let him manage, and buy who he wants, not who Emenalo wants and who is cheap

This bullshit over and over again.

We are in 2017...since 2004 (thats 13 years) this club adopted this formula: managers usually don't have the final word in transfer business, and since then this club got as much Premier League and European trophies as Manchester United. Real Madrid managed to build a squad good enough to win 3 UCL in 4 years with the same model, and its the same in Barcelona: "the board" is the one making the decisions about who is coming and who is going, instead of the managers.

So, after 13 years using a a model, the club will change a winning formula to appease Conte? No way! Eventually he will leave the club, another manager will come, and as soon as this new manager win a big trophy, people won't mind about the past. Mourinho is the perfect case. When he was sacked people were mad. Months later Conte was the new hero in the town, but guess what, he is only the current manager because Mourinho was sacked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/16/chelsea-will-not-rip-winning-formula-appease-manager-antonio/

This is a very good article. If Conte is trying to get full control of transfers, he is starting a losing battle.

11 minutes ago, Henrique said:

This forum is full of nonsense 

This bullshit over and over again.

We are in 2017...since 2004 (thats 13 years) this club adopted this formula: managers usually don't have the final word in transfer business, and since then this club got as much Premier League and European trophies as Manchester United. Real Madrid managed to build a squad good enough to win 3 UCL in 4 years with the same model, and its the same in Barcelona: "the board" is the one making the decisions about who is coming and who is going, instead of the managers.

So, after 13 years using a a model, the club will change a winning formula to appease Conte? No way! Eventually he will leave the club, another manager will come, and as soon as this new manager win a big trophy, people won't mind about the past. Mourinho is the perfect case. When he was sacked people were mad. Months later Conte was the new hero in the town, but guess what, he is only the current manager because Mourinho was sacked.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/06/16/chelsea-will-not-rip-winning-formula-appease-manager-antonio/

This is a very good article. If Conte is trying to get full control of transfers, he is starting a losing battle.

it is difficult not to agree with you. you never change a winning team applies here. they will never change what won them the ucl and uel

Antonio Conte frustrated over Chelsea transfers but club will not bow

Conte apparently at odds with board over number and profile of signings 
 Chelsea manager hoped influx of players would have started by now

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jun/16/antonio-conte-chelsea-frustrated-transfers-board-signings

Conte obviously looks forward to a team with the Juventus standard.
Juve minus their less than sparkling performance in the final had a fantastic champions league.
The way we played last year, we can do a little better than City but that's about it.

I wonder if theres owt to the Roman stopping Bonnucci deal? Will obviously go for Alves too surely?

If its to do with the strict 1 year contract for over 30s and not many players in that class wanting just a 1 year one.

You woulda thunk that any manager knowing the rep we have had with managers woulda gone thru his contract with a fine tooth comb. Specially concerning his powers of control of team both incoming and outgoing. Conte doesnt strike me as a stupid lad and had his people check them back and forth

Theres always just a little bit of truth to al the media shite so lets hope theres not TOO much.