The Conte Thread

3 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I thought the Nike idea was kinda true at first, but it in no way stops us announcing deals being agreed. I mean i for one can live a few weeks until i see them in the shirt.  Long as i know they're done....

Sounds like something a kid made up like posting with a new shirt helps make a deal more official.

Just now, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Sounds like something a kid made up like posting with a new shirt helps make a deal more official.

i think some thought due to Lukaku being Nike sponsored, we'd unveil the kit with him wearing it, double announcement.  Not likely

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just speculating. You do have a point there but the presentation is usually done when the player signing is announced. Can't be having them holding the adidas kit, can they?

That's assuming he's actually even pissed off and not the media feeding on the fans' paranoia with these rumours.

When Hazard was signed he announced he was coming weeks before he was in front of any shirt. Its a bullshit claim...

You don't need the Nike deal to announce player signings

When Hazard was signed he announced he was coming weeks before he was in front of any shirt. Its a bullshit claim...

You don't need the Nike deal to announce player signings

How someone can even think those things are related boggles the mind

I dont want to discuss who is in charge and who is at fault on these things, but we had few key things to do.

1.) Give extensions to Tibo, Eden and Conte.

2.) Give Conte the players he wants or prefers. 

3.) Calmly find solution for Costa and bring in replacement if necessary. 

Not one thing has been solved, but Im not dissapointed, its plenty of time left.

What Im mad at is how things are working out. 

Costa is going out in worst possible way, media reports Conte is pissed about the board and the board is playing cat and mouse with Tibo because we dont want to pay him? 

Dont throw money in the sink, great, but for fuck sake give Tibo and Eden fair paycheck because they deserve it and give Conte the power to deal and seal transfers. 

The media is fucking disgrace and they are enjoying this situation at the club. At least our board should give some official explanations what the fuck is going on.

There is plenty of time left, but why cant things be solved in normal way like every other club does? 

All I hear is problems here problems there and despite media makes up at least half of the "news", there is surely some truth about all this.

In the end even if we do end up with quality signings, better they be the ones Conte wanted, because otherways it makes no fucking sense.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just speculating. You do have a point there but the presentation is usually done when the player signing is announced. Can't be having them holding the adidas kit, can they?

Pretty sure I remember United presenting new signings with a Nike kit before the Adidas deal kicked off. Schweinsteiger, Darmian etc..

Such a shame too, to my amateur eyes an investment of around 180m would be enough to lock us in as a top 4 team in Europe... I know it sounds daft 180m but one marquee signing, a couple of 40m players and one for the future and I think we can take a run at Europe. If we keep with this trajectory City, Tots and Utd will see themselves clear... 

Such a shame too, to my amateur eyes an investment of around 180m would be enough to lock us in as a top 4 team in Europe... I know it sounds daft 180m but one marquee signing, a couple of 40m players and one for the future and I think we can take a run at Europe. If we keep with this trajectory City, Tots and Utd will see themselves clear... 

I mean, im pretty nervous too, but the summer is on its early stages still, all we can do is hope really. I am not very confident though

4 minutes ago, lucashm said:

I mean, im pretty nervous too, but the summer is on its early stages still, all we can do is hope really. I am not very confident though

Yes the summer is in early stages but our track record hasn't been anywhere near good when it comes to signing a marquee player. That's the main point of frustration... Costa and Fabregas came off the backs of player sales not a huge investment from the owner. Every time our name gets mentioned with a marquee target we lose out... And now if the rumours are true, the manager is just as frustrated.

39 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Yes the summer is in early stages but our track record hasn't been anywhere near good when it comes to signing a marquee player. That's the main point of frustration... Costa and Fabregas came off the backs of player sales not a huge investment from the owner. Every time our name gets mentioned with a marquee target we lose out... And now if the rumours are true, the manager is just as frustrated.

The thing is, I know you know most of these stories are put out there by agents acting for player or selling club, yet you let yourself react to them. Hold it together man, we've got to get you through the summer in one piece. Somehow. :)