test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,914 posts in this topic
Just now, manpe said:

Conte hasn't looked happy in any of the pictures/videos I've seen of him so far this summer.

I still believe there is a major chance he will not sign a new contract and maybe even walk away if the board fails to land his transfer targets.

He's no bullshitter and left Juventus for the same reason. Same goes for managers like Bielsa. They simply walk away. And they should. 

2 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

I still believe there is a major chance he will not sign a new contract and maybe even walk away if the board fails to land his transfer targets.

He's no bullshitter and left Juventus for the same reason. Same goes for managers like Bielsa. They simply walk away. And they should. 

I don't think he would walk away now but it seems he is not going to sign a new contract and I think rightly so. If we don't have Jose's 15/16 season and Conte survives (doesn't get sacked) I think he would give an ultimatum next Summer to get players or he is out. Can't blame Conte. When you win the title and you get no support from board it's pathetic.

Just now, Tautvix said:

I don't think he would walk away now but it seems he is not going to sign a new contract and I think rightly so. If we don't have Jose's 15/16 season and Conte survives (doesn't get sacked) I think he would give an ultimatum next Summer to get players or he is out.

No he's not going to do that. He will leave us. It's as simple as that.

He will never put himself into that position. The board fails to deliver and it taints the whole team including the manager and the teams performances are declining and big Roman comes in with a sharpened axe and sacks Conte while it's his fault and his employees for not landing Conte's targets. 

Conte WILL leave Chelsea if he doesn't get his targets or back-up targets. 

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Conte hasn't looked happy in any of the pictures/videos I've seen of him so far this summer. Can't blame him.

Conte is serious about pre-season work. He knows about the importance of pre-season training, which is the most important period of the season. He will get his striker, but not for every price fucking Torino or Real name it. 100MIL for one season wonder is absolutely crazy.

Chelsea face struggle to name a full matchday squad when Premier League starts... if you discount outcasts and youngsters they have only 17 senior players
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4703434/Chelsea-woe-threadbare-squad-season-approaches.html

That I believe is worrying. Now people wanting us to match Mancs investment is delusional. I'm sure Conte isn't feeling very happy, but I'm sure he doesn't have such expectations either. The board must have told him how things work around here before he signed
Fernando likes this

1 hour ago, manpe said:

Conte hasn't looked happy in any of the pictures/videos I've seen of him so far this summer. Can't blame him.

You say that as if the pictures are proof he's not happy. Pictures will a lot of the time give the wrong impression, especially if it's something like Training. 

Since missing out on Lukaku, #Chelsea have checked on Morata, Belotti & Aubameyang, while Sanchez hasn’t been fully discounted. [Telegraph]

After refusing to match Raiola’s fee to sign Lukaku, #Chelsea will not allow other clubs to dictate their transfer policy. [Telegraph]

Rather than focussing all their effort + attention on one target, #Chelsea are talking to clubs & agents about several strikers. [Telegraph]

I still think we need to continue prioritizing defense. 

Get Danilo, Sandro whoever. 

We had no problem last season in attack and we can go false 9 if need be... of course I want a new striker. 

But defense has been woeful. 

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, RoyalBlues said:

Anyone else get annoyed reading the words "after losing out on Lukaku" in every Chelsea related articles? Fucking sick of it.

What's more annoying is every article related to Chelsea claiming how angry Conte is with everything or how he's fuming at this or fuming at that. They make him sound like he's the Incredible Hulk rampaging around Cobham 24/7.

GK: Courtois, Caballero, Eduardo

DEF: Moses, Azpilicueta, Luiz, Christensen, Rudiger, Cahill, Alonso

MID: Kante, Fabregas, Bakayoko

FWD: Batshuayi, Pedro, Willian

There are just SIXTEEN senior players at the club. I think it's time to ask - What the fuck is happening?

King11Didier likes this

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

There are just SIXTEEN senior players at the club. I think it's time to ask - What the fuck is happening?

It's absolute pathetic, that's what's happening.

14 minutes ago, Strike said:

Uhmmmm we might not meet the homegrown quota? 

Or we are finally going to play some youth? :)

Don't think we should panic until the season is just about to start and we're still 3-4 signings short. The speed with which our board is working is extremely annoying, though.

1 minute ago, Fernando said:

Uhmmmm we might not meet the homegrown quota? 

Or we are finally going to play some youth? :)

No, we will meet the quota. Since the club is not registering 25 players, they don't need to have 8 home grown players in the squad

Cahill Moses Fabregas are the only Home grown players at the moment among 15 senior players (Christensen is U-21). The club can add five more non-homegrown players and still submit a 20-man Premier League squad. This is my understanding anyway

Miguelito and Fernando like this