test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,920 posts in this topic

I'm starting to think that Marotta and Emenalo are brothers. Both benefited enormously from Conte's miracles and both are slow to complete any negotiations.I was expecting a very different market to thank Conte for the work done.

28 minutes ago, AlesJuve said:

I'm starting to think that Marotta and Emenalo are brothers. Both benefited enormously from Conte's miracles and both are slow to complete any negotiations.I was expecting a very different market to thank Conte for the work done.

Emenalo isn't part of the board.

The Skipper and Amblève. like this

6 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Now that Rudiger is done, I believe it is so called 'his signing'. Club has back him it seems. Stop that stupid rumour he is leaving, please.

"We have been aware of him for some time, and we are confident he will fit in well with the squad."

This is what emanolo said....

8 hours ago, Fernando said:

"We have been aware of him for some time, and we are confident he will fit in well with the squad."

This is what emanolo said....

Maybe what he mean is that we are after him since last season, but then he is injured. It is Conte who asked for him last season, if I'm not mistaken.

I wonder what Conte's state of mind is right now. The transfers aren't happening quickly but they are slowly trickling in. We appear to be failing miserably at all of his supposed top targets (Bonucci, Van Dijk, Alex Sandro, Lukaku). Surely striker targets are being sorted behind the scenes but nothing seems remotely close. We have absolutely no depth at either wingback position. We don't have a single game changer in attack with Hazard out for a while and Costa AWOL.

Then he sees Pep land his targets almost effortlessly with City just paying literally whatever it takes. Hope he's pressuring our board everyday at Cobham.

38 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I wonder what Conte's state of mind is right now. The transfers aren't happening quickly but they are slowly trickling in. We appear to be failing miserably at all of his supposed top targets (Bonucci, Van Dijk, Alex Sandro, Lukaku). Surely striker targets are being sorted behind the scenes but nothing seems remotely close. We have absolutely no depth at either wingback position. We don't have a single game changer in attack with Hazard out for a while and Costa AWOL.

Then he sees Pep land his targets almost effortlessly with City just paying literally whatever it takes. Hope he's pressuring our board everyday at Cobham.

Like Dani Alves?

Iggy Doonican likes this

26 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Then he sees Pep land his targets almost effortlessly with City just paying literally whatever it takes

Are you being serious that's exactly the position Man City are in they can pay for whoever they want. 50 million quid for Kyle fucking Walker I've said it before and I'll say it again the days of Chelsea paying over the odds for as Alan Sugar (prick but he had a point) Carlos Kickaball are well and truly over.

Beigl likes this

6 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Like Dani Alves?

He wanted both Alves and Walker. My point still stands, though. Since Pep has been there the City hierarchy have given him just about every target he's asked for. Quite the opposite here.

Chelsea? likes this

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

He wanted both Alves and Walker. My point still stands, though. Since Pep has been there the City hierarchy have given him just about every target he's asked for. Quite the opposite here.

Remind me where did Man City come last season ?.

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

And that was really down to the coach. 

We are not helping our coach here.....

Chelsea? and 11Drogba like this

1 minute ago, Iggy Doonican said:

This season will be a completely different animal for us and every one of our rivals. Can we really afford to settle for 3rd or 4th choice targets while having a substantially increased fixture list and with all our rivals strengthening considerably? I'm not so sure.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

How do you know? We don't know how many of his signing's actually were 1st choice. For example Bravo was 2nd choice after Ter Stegan said no.

Barbara likes this

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

How do you know? We don't know how many of his signing's actually were 1st choice. For example Bravo was 2nd choice after Ter Stegan said no.

Okay, most. Stones, Sané, Jesus, Güdogan, Ederson, Walker, Bernardo. Mendy soon. Pretty clear these are all Pep players.

All I'm concerned about is that Conte's excellent coaching can only go so far if we can't secure him top players. When our closest rivals are signing those top players and we have to settle I'll worry. So far we've done good business but are still miles away in some important positions. I hope to be surprised.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Okay, most. Stones, Sané, Jesus, Güdogan, Ederson, Walker, Bernardo. Mendy soon. Pretty clear these are all Pep players.

All I'm concerned about is that Conte's excellent coaching can only go so far if we can't secure him top players. When our closest rivals are signing those top players and we have to settle I'll worry. So far we've done good business but are still miles away in some important positions. I hope to be surprised.

Rumours were Stones was 2nd choice to Laporte. And Mendy soon? Word is Monaco have assured Mbappe Baka is the last sale.

12 hours ago, Pizy said:

This season will be a completely different animal for us and every one of our rivals. Can we really afford to settle for 3rd or 4th choice targets while having a substantially increased fixture list and with all our rivals strengthening considerably? I'm not so sure.

So you want Chelsea to spend money hand over fist just like both Mancs did last season and are again ?. Mourinho is a dead man walking break the English transfer record for the last two seasons for a couple of flakes like like Pogba and Lukaku. And we all know exactly the type of football Man U will be playing next season. The Europa League final a bunch of kids against an experienced Man U yet he still played ultra defensive it's his raison d'etre. As for Pep it's the emperor's new clothes in summary a couple of wankers and Antonio has got their number.

Beigl and Johnnyeye like this