The Conte Thread

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10894023/antonio-conte-hopeful-of-long-term-chelsea-future 

"The best solution for a coach is to stay at a club for a long time and build something important," Conte said.

he has spoken the jinx word. He wants to stay for long :(

If there is one thing I have learned from being a Chelsea fan for 12 years (wow can't believe it has been that long ) it is we cannot ever have a long term manager never ever! Our club and fans are too short term oriented - don't get me wrong this short term mentality is what has helped us win so many trophies over the years. It is a really good thing and it is because of that, we will/can never have a long term manager. Also if we do intend to keep a manager for long term then the club needs to listen and buy the kind of players that the manager wants rather than the players they like to see. And I think their not listening to the manager is kind of a indication that they want players that will come good even if they change the manager which aligns with the fact that they will pull the trigger any time 

2 hours ago, bluephoenix said:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/10894023/antonio-conte-hopeful-of-long-term-chelsea-future 

he has spoken the jinx word. He wants to stay for long :(

If there is one thing I have learned from being a Chelsea fan for 12 years (wow can't believe it has been that long ) it is we cannot ever have a long term manager never ever! Our club and fans are too short term oriented - don't get me wrong this short term mentality is what has helped us win so many trophies over the years. It is a really good thing and it is because of that, we will/can never have a long term manager. Also if we do intend to keep a manager for long term then the club needs to listen and buy the kind of players that the manager wants rather than the players they like to see. And I think their not listening to the manager is kind of a indication that they want players that will come good even if they change the manager which aligns with the fact that they will pull the trigger any time 

I think now things have changed. 

Failing not to get top top 4 will not be the end of the world. 

#Chelsea are poised to back Antonio Conte in this transfer market this summer with a massive transfer kitty. [Mirror]

Abramovich will hand Conte a transfer budget of around £200million, with Lukaku, Van Dijk and Bakayoko on his list of targets. [Telegraph]

#Chelsea are also looking for a full-back, a wide player + a new back-up goalkeeper with Asmir Begovic set to join Bournemouth. [Telegraph]

If he's backed properly this summer and brings in young, high potential players I see no reason why he can't become our first long term Roman era manager. He doesn't have an abrasive personality that clashes with players and he's far too classy to pick fights with other managers or the media. Unless there's an absolute disaster akin to 15/16 which I cannot see happening, I think he'll build something special here.

Seems like after winning the title we party too much and took it easy. 

Was not ready for this game. 

Oh well at least it should put conte in a mode for the pre season and transfer market. Because the squad is still woeful to me. Conte did a great job but won't be again if we don't buy good players. 

We shall see if it's more of the same. Because lately the club has been woeful in the transfer market when it comes to buying the manager target. 

4 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

How the fuck he didn't win an Italian Cup with that Juventus side ? He's awful domestic cup manager, has to be said.

Think we cover that as well. He's been bad at cup as shown in the CL with juventus and this season. But if we win the pl every season then I'll settle with that. 

PL always Trump everything else... Aside a cl. 

6 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Think we cover that as well. He's been bad at cup as shown in the CL with juventus and this season. But if we win the pl every season then I'll settle with that. 

PL always Trump everything else... Aside a cl. 

Honestly I was so sure that we lose the cup like in Conte's first season with Juventus. I'm going to check when and how he was eliminated from Italian Cup two following seasons.

16 minutes ago, Mana said:

We're f***ed then, because we need to compete for the CL and CL is a cup competition. Our superstars want to win the CL and Conte would need to up his game with us next season.

Yes he can cover his bad cup runs with the PL, but are we really going to win the league every season? I rather win something then nothing.

Look at United and Chelsea last decade. Winning the CL is very rare compared to winning the pl. 

Manager still young and that's one aspect he will want to improve the coming seasons.