test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

6,285 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, bluephoenix said:

I would be pissed if we dont sign anyone at all but we still have plenty of time to land good players. Same goes for Conte, he can't get agitated this early in the transfer market. Yes we didn't get the player we wanted but then for that money I wont feel comfortable blowing our entire team rebuilding project on one player.

After what happened with Lukaku my skepticism level for news online has increased.

We can't seem to close deals, especially top targets that cost money. 

Look what happen last season, and we had to panic buy at the end. 

Just because it work last season doesn't mean it will again.....

So, the pre-season trainings starts on Monday. Conte himself said numerous times that the team need new players and improvements in the squad. I was really hoping that Conte can start with at least two new signings from the very start of the pre-season with the club. Because it will be the best option new players to have as much long time as possible to understand Conte's ideas, meet with their new teammates and get used to Conte's fitness methods.
But our board does not think the same, as it seems, and I believe it's true and can understand the frustration of Conte from the work of our board, who have done absolutely nothing apart from signing a 2nd gk...
I said that I will judge our transfer summer at the end of the window, but signing players in the end and having in mind that we have to sign players who will have vital part in our team, does not make sens at all. The board should have pushed harder for at least Sandro, Bakayoko(I think his deal is a matter of time, still it took ages) and a new striker at least.
I really hope that the team will be reinforced with at least 3 more new players before departing to Asia and our friendly games, hope the board doesn't f*ck up again.

kellzfresh and zekinjo like this

Conte should go.  He deserves to work with professionals.

Besides the failed transfers:  Where's the new contract for Courtois?  I know where the new contract for Conte is:  He's holding on to it while trying to figure out just how incompetent his co-workers are.

Only at Chelsea can you win the league and be in chaos and panic just two months later.

On 5/26/2017 at 1:19 AM, manpe said:

6 hours ago, Fernando said:

We can't seem to close deals, especially top targets that cost money. 

Look what happen last season, and we had to panic buy at the end. 

Just because it work last season doesn't mean it will again.....

true but would be ok with spending 100m on  one player?

I agree we need to close top targets but also we need money to fill up other positions too... the one player that I really wanted us to sign was Tolisso :( 

The only thing I was pissed about the Lukaku deal was Mourinho, he was the reason Lukaku left and now that ******* is getting him such an **********

I would have been ok if any other manager or club had gotten Lukaku just not Mou**** and United. They seem to be on track to shaping a good team.

Antonio is super-professional.
Anybody else would say the usual "we have a complete side" and then when the going gets tough start the mourinho cry routine (referees-rain-no rain-bad terrain ...).
I hope it works for him.

Well now that Antonio is back I think at the end of the week we will have some better clue about his future and other players. 

4 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Well now that Antonio is back I think at the end of the week we will have some better clue about his future and other players. 

I just hope the board back him in the transfer market.

We can't afford to let another class manager leave! 

kellzfresh likes this

1 hour ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I just hope the board back him in the transfer market.

We can't afford to let another class manager leave! 

Well if he goes I would like a manager like Pochetino. 

We should have tried to get Bielsa a long time ago. 

We need a manager that will take gambles with youth. 

20 hours ago, Mana said:

The board is getting more and more pathetic by the second. Can't believe all we have so far is a second goalkeeper than came on a free.

If Conte goes because of the board's incompetence, I'll be so pissed off to the point I don't want to think about Chelsea for a year. Because 2015/16 will repeat itself here.

No it won't.

There are some cracks and as for Europe we can look forward to no more than be just a little better than City.
If he goes it will be the first time in many-many years any manager in any country left because the board failed him during the transfer period. Most managers are timid when confronted with this type of situation.
But I just can't believe it.
Roman knows the end of the world is coming and decided to hide his money ?

No it won't.

You're right. It could get worse than 15/16.

Now that Rudiger is done, I believe it is so called 'his signing'. Club has back him it seems. Stop that stupid rumour he is leaving, please.

1 minute ago, Mana said:

You're right. It could get worse than 15/16.

The man solely responsible for that farce is gone. And if Conte has us battling relegation aswell then he will be sacked and rightly so.

If we have a poor transfer window in the end then you can maybe excuse Conte if we drop a few places, but if a repeat of 15/16 happens only one man would be responsible.

The man solely responsible for that farce is gone. And if Conte has us battling relegation aswell then he will be sacked and rightly so.
If we have a poor transfer window in the end then you can maybe excuse Conte if we drop a few places, but if a repeat of 15/16 happens only one man would be responsible.

I think you need to read my original post again. I am not talking about if the board is bad and Conte continues to stay. I'm talking about if the board is bad and Conte leaves because of it.

3 minutes ago, Mana said:

I think you need to read my original post again. I am not talking about if the board is bad and Conte continues to stay. I'm talking about if the board is bad and Conte leaves because of it.

That won't happen this summer, he will want a shot of the CL with us. At worst it would happen next summer but I'd be amazed if it happened this.

Either way, if he did his replacement wouldn't have us fighting relegation, that was a unique one off.

Former Chelsea manager and current Bayern boss has fired a strict warning to Antonio Conte, telling him he must strengthen and add quantity to compete in the Champions League this season.

“Conte will be forced to change something, as he won the Premier League using practically the same players all the time,” Ancelotti explained. “In the Champions League, he’ll need to buy a lot and buy well.”

http://readchelsea.com/2017/07/09/former-chelsea-boss-weighs-contes-transfer-plans/

27 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

Former Chelsea manager and current Bayern boss has fired a strict warning to Antonio Conte, telling him he must strengthen and add quantity to compete in the Champions League this season.

“Conte will be forced to change something, as he won the Premier League using practically the same players all the time,” Ancelotti explained. “In the Champions League, he’ll need to buy a lot and buy well.”

http://readchelsea.com/2017/07/09/former-chelsea-boss-weighs-contes-transfer-plans/

Shouldnt he be more worried about Bayern?

The Chels and Barbara like this

Our board playing with fire. And most Chelsea fans don't like it. We need to buy now and fast. Sandro, Bellotti must be signed quick. Enough for this slow summer transfers!!!