test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,937 posts in this topic
17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Manager's should never get COMPLETE control.

Yes managers can make silly decisions when they have full control, but who in our board has better or similar level football knowledge and judgement than our managers. No one. We will always use the money worse than Bayern, Juve and other clubs with these people in charge.

Just now, 11Drogba said:

Yes managers can make silly decisions when they have full control, but who in our board has better or similar level football knowledge and judgement than our manager. No one. We will always use the money worse than Bayern, Juve and other clubs with these people in charge.

These same incompetent members that decided on the likes of Courtois, Hazard and De Bruyne for a combined £49m? Ironically it was giving a manager more power than he should have got that lost us the latter.

The only manager that definitely got total control was Fergie, and while his success on the pitch was unprecedented his flop:good signing ratio was well to high, especially in his later years.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

These same incompetent members that decided on the likes of Courtois, Hazard and De Bruyne for a combined £49m? Ironically it was giving a manager more power than he should have got that lost us the latter.

You sound like Ty. In football you have to perform every year.

Dahnald and Clockwork like this

1 minute ago, 11Drogba said:

You sound like Ty. In football you have to perform every year.

That's funny because in my group of CFC supporting friends i'm often called up for being too negative and not even they are particularly positive, so if i'm sounding like Ty here that says more about the current state of this place than it does me.

I will criticise when i see fit. However i have on and off helped run my local team for years (which has often included helping negotiate transfers and helping identify parts of the team that need upgrading) and i just find these simplistic notions difficult to accept.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Piet de Visser gets credit for the Belgian finds, nobody else at the club deserves that credit.

And other finds as well. 

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

He will walk I'm telling you, pathetic what's gone on.

probably yes

where are abram's money? 

Hope some members of the board will be sacked if the worst happens. Roman surely must see who the wrong ones are here...

I sincerely think Antonio won't be on the sideline at our first Premier League match. 

And if that's the case, I'll be heartbroken again. Just like I was when Carlo and Roberto left. And Mou a bit as well in 2015. 

Managers at Chelsea get treated so poorly and it's starting to disgust me. 

If Conte is gone, I'll be gone as well until something changes at this club. 

The idea that Conte's 'mad' and 'fuming' over not getting Lukaku is surely, surely, surely a lie. 

First, he isn't so arrogant to have the approach of 'the board must secure all my potential targets without fail - that is what they are for - they will succeed every time.'

Second, you don't carry a bit of 'rage' from your football job around you in 'real' life - so where was this rage displayed for people to pick up on it? Is he slamming doors around the stadium & his car? Is he calling people names and refusing the cake they try to share? Did he send his nephew a shit in a box for his birthday? I doubt it. The only place any lack of satisfaction would be displayed, would be in the boardroom, where nobody would let it 'leak' that Conte's 'furious.'

I'm 99% sure this is another very easy to make, very hard to prove wrong story. Every season there's complete fallacies spun by the media just to make our fanbase uncomfortable.

akgw13 likes this

13 minutes ago, Leif said:

The idea that Conte's 'mad' and 'fuming' over not getting Lukaku is surely, surely, surely a lie. 

First, he isn't so arrogant to have the approach of 'the board must secure all my potential targets without fail - that is what they are for - they will succeed every time.'

Second, you don't carry a bit of 'rage' from your football job around you in 'real' life - so where was this rage displayed for people to pick up on it? Is he slamming doors around the stadium & his car? Is he calling people names and refusing the cake they try to share? Did he send his nephew a shit in a box for his birthday? I doubt it. The only place any lack of satisfaction would be displayed, would be in the boardroom, where nobody would let it 'leak' that Conte's 'furious.'

I'm 99% sure this is another very easy to make, very hard to prove wrong story. Every season there's complete fallacies spun by the media just to make our fanbase uncomfortable.

While I agree on the part that 'Conte fuming' is just an easy way to get clicks, sell some papers and in general is just lazy journalism but you can't deny that the board really fucked up here if Lukaku was Conte's first choice.

Lukaku to Chelsea was really the most straightforward transfer in the history of transfers because the player himself has been quite openly whoring himself back for over a year now with all that talk of 'unfinished business' etc. and going by reports Conte really wanted him back too so the only thing remaining was for the board to pay up the required money. It's a lot of money for Lukaku, yes, but it's not like the club couldn't afford it and they just chose not to so I can understand if Conte is disappointed with them.

Fernando likes this

Our stupid board is sooo lucky that Conte won them the title.

If we for example finished outside 4 this season I think people would be asking for board heads.

But these fuckers don't appreciate anything.

I fully agree with others. I suppose he will still be our manager at the start of the season but it will end up in tears. Once again... and again... and again...

What's really important now is to get our transfers sorted before the new season.

Because after our opening day of the season, excluding Leicester we have tough games consecutively it's not even funny.

Spuds, (Leicester,) Arsenal, Stoke Away and City.

Our defence for the league may end in a matter of games.

We need a CF/striker. That should be our main priority. Fail to get one, and we will be danger especially when Hazard may be still injured AND have CL.

I don't want a deja vu. Remember what happened in our last Community Shield game? And who we faced, that we will face again? Not again, please.

Antonio Conte was reportedly frustrated with the Chelsea hierarchy over a lack of investment in the transfer market, but the champions are confident the Italian is committed to them, Sky sources understand