test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Special Juan

The Conte Thread

Started by Special Juan,

4,914 posts in this topic
15 minutes ago, manpe said:

Kante.

Nainggolan was our first target unless we wanted both. And yes that turned out great but it won't always be the case.

13 minutes ago, Tomo said:

More and more blank? It's July the fucking second, jesus shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've said the same thing last year and panic bought our last 2 defenders in the last day. Likely means the same this year or at least miss the tour.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Georgey is sounding suspiciously similar to that Gullit guy who was here last summer who did nothing but whine for the sake of it.

I don't know that person but I'm not moaning for the sake of it but for the vibes our board been giving in the last few years. You realize I'm not the only one sharing this opinion right?  I'm free to share my thoughts even if they are meaningless rants, I'm not attacking anyone, like some of you get annoyed with people like me "moaning for the sake of it" I dislike some opinions which say everything will be ok and it's only July when it's been the same thing last year and even 2 years ago with Mourinho.

34 minutes ago, Georgy said:

don't know that person but I'm not moaning for the sake of it but for the vibes our board been giving in the last few years. You realize I'm not the only one sharing this opinion right?  I'm free to share my thoughts even if they are meaningless rants, I'm not attacking anyone, like some of you get annoyed with people like me "moaning for the sake of it" I dislike some opinions which say everything will be ok and it's only July when it's been the same thing last year and even 2 years ago with Mourinho.

Almost all of your recent post's have been attacking the board, in past experience that is  (only really posting on 1 subject)  a red flag. I hope you prove me wrong and if you do ill unreservedly apologize but in this site especially i have seen the signs too many times.

36 minutes ago, Georgy said:

We've said the same thing last year and panic bought our last 2 defenders in the last day. Likely means the same this year or at least miss the tour.

I don't know that person but I'm not moaning for the sake of it but for the vibes our board been giving in the last few years. You realize I'm not the only one sharing this opinion right?  I'm free to share my thoughts even if they are meaningless rants, I'm not attacking anyone, like some of you get annoyed with people like me "moaning for the sake of it" I dislike some opinions which say everything will be ok and it's only July when it's been the same thing last year and even 2 years ago with Mourinho.

Bakayoko and Lukaku are done deals, they are everybit as obvious as Costa and Luis 3 years ago (which were made official in mid July, just saying). As for 2015, Jose deserves every bit as much stick as the board for that farce, if not more.

3 hours ago, manpe said:

You don't know what the board think. They might just have shit negotiators or our finances aren't as good as people think, but everything we've heard and read so far indicates that they are ambitious and are trying to bring in top targets. It doesn't always work out, but we still have 2 months to improve our squad. You are also writing off players because of their names before having seen them play for us, that is a mistake. If Conte does really leave mid-summer, then he's a cheque book manager and a quitter, and also the board are a bunch of wankers then, but until any of this happens there is no point in panicking.

I don't think you are a chelsea fan or you even watched Chelsea last season. I will be more than happy if Conte left because he was not going to get close to what he wants for a second time running. I like his club form(4 league titles in last 4yrs) and I don't want it to be damaged by us. I am not saying he will win all trophies until he retires but i just want to wish him the best liike i and most chelsea faithfuls did when Mourihno left the first time. Besides every modern manager is a cheque book manager. Thats what the money earned by the club is for. THE CHEQUE BOOK or every team should just use only academy players like Arsenal and see whether you will win a major trophy. Even Barca have seen that and are now chasing the likes of Dembele and Verratti.

Johnnyeye likes this

29 minutes ago, Bernard N Y Burgesson said:

I don't think you are a chelsea fan or you even watched Chelsea last season.

How did you come to that conclusion?

Barbara likes this

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Almost all of your recent post's have been attacking the board, in past experience that is  (only really posting on 1 subject)  a red flag. I hope you prove me wrong and if you do ill unreservedly apologize but in this site especially i have seen the signs too many times.

Bakayoko and Lukaku are done deals, they are everybit as obvious as Costa and Luis 3 years ago (which were made official in mid July, just saying). As for 2015, Jose deserves every bit as much stick as the board for that farce, if not more.

You might be right saying I focus to much on my hate against the board (warranted or not) to say anything else. I feel like a lot of the things that pull us behind is mainly because of how they do business. We've lost some deals because we didn't want to overpay. It's good to have a nice balance and just search attainable targets when the prices are to much but sometimes I feel we would be at the same point with the money if we overpaid for those 2-3 players but better as a team. I'll try to tone down a bit my hate towards them.

I really do hope Bakayoko and Lukaku are done deals (even if I don't particularly like Lukaku) will see what this month brings I hope we can get most of our transfers done by the time we hit the tour.

Tomo and Johnnyeye like this

^^
Don't forget, around 100m of our projected profit(?) each season goes just to player wages alone. Other costs like marketing & maintenance of the stadium follow surely, unless Nike take entire control of marketing (I'd let them.)

But still. 200m-300m is enough to designate a fraction of that towards an established elite player.

41 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

TV rights: £153m
Players sold: £120m
Nike: £60m
Yokohama: £40m
Carabao: £10m
Winning Premier League: £38m

New Total: £421m

Signed:
Willy Caballero: Free

It's not yet time to panic, it's still the first week of July. But I'll be furious if we have no major players 2 weeks into pre-season, because we need the new signings from other leagues to be ready with Conte immediately due to hazards injury. 

akgw13, Johnnyeye and King11Didier like this

Last time we won the league, the board decided we needed no major moves.

This time after winning the league, the board seemingly decide we need no major moves.

Might just be the worst board in the Premier League when it comes to recruitment policies. Man City do what we used to, and are supposed to still do. Now our transfers are like Tottenham's before they became more than a mid-table club.

Johnnyeye and xPetrCechx like this

11 minutes ago, Leif said:

This time after winning the league, the board seemingly decide we need no major moves.

Might just be the worst board in the Premier League when it comes to recruitment policies. Man City do what we used to, and are supposed to still do. Now our transfers are like Tottenham's before they became more than a mid-table club.

Apart from 2015-16, we have penny pinched very well. 32mon Costa, Hazard, Luiz, Kante, Fabregas in the last few years. Hardly Spurs esque. 

Maybe 2 years ago when we were signing Willian, Schurrle, I would compare Chelsea to Spurs but we have our sights far bigger now. Alex Sandro, one of the best LB in the world, Lukaku, flat-track bully in the Premier League and one of Monaco's promising youngsters while Tottenham are looking to re-sign Gylfi Sigurdsson.

Man City have far more squad positions to fill and a remote possibility of a transfer ban later in the month. Even then, the keeper and Silva are the only players they've signed yet. The panic is a bit much, no?

11Drogba, Barbara and Johnnyeye like this

8 hours ago, Leif said:

If the City board are so brilliant, why aren't Mendy and Walker City player's yet?

Beigl and Johnnyeye like this

Signing the #1 prospect when it comes to wingers tends to justify a break.

I don't think Man City's board has their value determined by how quickly they tie up their signings, anyway. When ever has getting the job done 'fastest' been synonymous with 'best' or 'great quality'?

Johnnyeye likes this

Compare the long term vision - 

De Bruyne, Silva, Gabriel Jesus, Sane; 

Some of the best players in Europe for the next 10 years. Firepower on top of firepower.

Who do Chelsea have secured, set to be among the best players in Europe for the next 10 years? Maybe Christensen, who doesn't look like being integrated, unlike City's talent. No foresight. No impressive plans.

While they're targeting players to improve their XI in the long run and short term, we target players to bloat our bench for the short term, and target players who're no better than ones we already have for the XI.

Where is our Fabregas replacement? Where is our Hazard back up? Who compliments Hazard with elite ability on the opposite wing? Where are our young players? Why are our 2nd & 3rd choice right-backs Moses & Pedro? Why do we continue to hold onto Willian, Cahill, where it only takes 1 bad season for Man City to phase out the crap? (Mangala, Bony, Nasri, Hart.)

Our boards aren't in the same league.

I'd love to see just 2 examples of credible City supporters saying our board is better than theirs, because it'd make them even more hilarious. Where did you read/hear it?

The Kante deal last summer they cited how quick the time frame between rumours starting and deal being done was impressive and that they wished they were as decisive, also when i told a City fan that the average Chelsea fan worship's their board he spat his tea out and uncontrollably laughed for 5 minutes.

8 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Fucking hell I swear some of you need to get a fucking grip and stop moaning like fucking bitches all day long. Club has signed a quality backup GK already and three other deals look to be wrapped up and ready to be announced anytime soon - Lukaku, Bakayoko, Rudiger - while pushing hard every day for probably worlds 2nd best left back only after Madrid's Marcelo - Alex Sandro. 

Bakayoko and Rudiger are worst kept secrets in football and if Everton going bonkers as we speak spending 100m on transfers already is not an indication that Lukaku's gone then I don't know what it is.

And if you thought that a deal for Alex Sandro would be done and dusted in one day then hold your fucking horses because this sort of massive transfers do not work like that. It's Juventus they are negociating with, not Brentford.

Quality added to an already league winning squad, all this while keeping our best players and selling irrelevant squad/loaned players for almost 130m.

It's more of paranoia for what has happen in the past.

Not satisfied till we see something with our own eyes!  

7 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's more of paranoia for what has happen in the past.

Not satisfied till we see something with our own eyes!  

Does not necessarily have to be made official to confirm the obvious. There is plenty of solid sources for me to believe 100% that Rudiger, Bakayoko and Lukaku are already Chelsea players. And Alex Sandro to some extent although it'll take time but I'm sure he'll end up as a Chelsea player in the end. It's just that some clubs need to secure their replacements before letting players go. And I truly believe that these 5 players are not the only ones we're looking at and we're going to be linked with at least one or two more players in the coming weeks (centre back and maybe another attacker).

Barbara, akgw13 and Tomo like this