The Conte Thread

35 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Why on earth would Conte leave the (soon to be) champions in the biggest league for a completely irrelevant, nearly midtable, faded star like Inter? A club who has zero chance of overtaking Juve any time soon.

Not happening.

I would also ask the same about Costa's transfer to China. It's all about the money nowadays, nothing can surprise me anymore.

All these comparisons between Conte and Allegri now Juve have got to the final of the CL is getting on my tits a little. I am obviously bias because I am a Chelsea fan and will support our Manager, but the fact Conte is on the verge of the double in  his first season in England with a poorer side than Juve, for me, gives him the edge over Allegri. I hope Conte can get to the latter stages of the CL next season purely because I feel he'll still be doubted going into next season too. People in the media and oppo fanbases still want to try discredit his and the team's achievements this season because the league hasn't been as competitive as people were hoping for. 

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Why on earth would Conte leave the (soon to be) champions in the biggest league for a completely irrelevant, nearly midtable, faded star like Inter? A club who has zero chance of overtaking Juve any time soon.

Not happening.

Because Inter got Chinese money now and a lot of it. It will be a matter of time before they're back at the top off Italy and challenging Juventus.

I hope it happens because Serie A is getting dull but without Conte. He's ours.

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I certainly don't think he will leave, what he has done this season has been quite brilliant. I said in another thread, he needs to be backed and with the cash and players HE wants, not what the 'club' want. Of course money is a factor whether it be a player or manager coming and going, money is life and show me someone who isn't money orientated and I will call bullshit, everyone is. But in this instance you have to look at a few things and see the whole picture. We have no idea what his family feel, and anyone who has kids/family will know exactly what I mean, they are you, they factor hugely in every decision you make and if for some reason they can't settle here then that is going to be tough for Antonio, no matter if they can be flown in and out at regular times, he will still miss his family. Conte is a very private man, you can tell that from his demeanor, and if his family for whatever reason can't settle here or even don't want to then that's going to be very tough for our gaffer.

The club and Roman then come into it. They must back him and do everything possible to allow him to build a dynasty, and by doing so they allow him to make every decision as to ins and outs starting this summer. No more transfers that are forced upon a manager because they think it's right, the right signings, the right areas and the right sales. For a bloke to come in and now is facing at winning the double, winning the title in his first season and turning so called 'average players' into superb players says that that is enough CV scribble to back him every step of the way heading into the CL next season. Not just what he has done with certain players but as a club as a whole.

He's likeable, he isn't a media dream because of him moaning, he celebrates like a fan and he involves himself because he's a peoples person. The Mourinho days are long gone and thank god because this club needed drastic changes from him and someone to arrive with an identity that was different and fresh, we have now got that and he needs to be cherished and allowed to do a job that he is fucking good at.

Back him 100%, the guy is a class act and can steer us to great things.

Everytime we are getting linked to Lukaku I get the hinch it's more the player Emenalo wants when Conte clearly wants Morata (& Sanchez).

1 hour ago, Dahnald said:

Because Inter got Chinese money now and a lot of it. It will be a matter of time before they're back at the top off Italy and challenging Juventus.

I hope it happens because Serie A is getting dull but without Conte. He's ours.

Everytime we are getting linked to Lukaku I get the hinch it's more the player Emenalo wants when Conte clearly wants Morata (& Sanchez).

exactly 

My friend thanks for the post, we all love him at the bridge.

He's going nowhere for the foreseeable future, he loves it at Chelsea, and just wait til he can bring in his own choice of players, he's on a mission and nothing is going to derail that.

as my monika suggest

AC_hes1ofus

Lol, what's with all the fussed here. Meanwhile..

Chelsea boss Antonio Conte takes a breather from Premier League title race to watch football freestyler as he walks through streets of London

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4492570/Chelsea-boss-Antonio-Conte-watches-football-freestyler.html

5 hours ago, AverageOne said:

First of all, I apologize in advance for my english mistakes i surely will do writing this. I'm italian and juventus' supporter.
And I better clear I love Antonio Conte's way to play much much much more the Allegri's one.

I decided to write beacuse I read something partially right on what happened back in juventus days.

He took an average team to 3 Scudetto in a row, anyway the board and him never got on well.
After first Scudetto he pretended a team ready to fight for winning CL. Board had different plan. The plan was step by step, year after year.

In 2012 he was accused not to report a fixed game he was aware to, when in 2011 was Siena manager. 
He was charge with 10 months ban. He denied, he wanted the trial. Juventus wanted him on the guide as soon as possible, so persuaded him to "negotiate a plea bargain" (not sure if is correct in english). He did it and the ban was 4 months but Conte never forgave juventus board to make him look guilty.

As someone said before, his third year, lost in Istanbul on a pitch not good for rugby. Players had not enough self esteem to play CL at high level, not Conte fault then. That year juve had a really good team, one of the best in europe : buffon, bonucci, chiellini, barzagli, lichtsteiner, vidal, pirlo, pogba, asamoah, tevez, llorente/vucinic.

Here is where something starts going really bad.
Juve is in EL, that year final was gonna be played in Turin (at home)!! Juve easily went on semifinals, Benfica-Juve 2-1 and Juve-Benfica 0-0 meant no final.
One can say, yeah it can happen, right but the problem is players played those two matches tired, really tired because Conte wanted more than anything else to make more than 100 points in the league. He did it: 102, record likely will never be beaten.
The man pushed to much, that wasn't wise, everyone knew but him.

He wants 100% every match, from begging to end, wonderful to watch, I appreciate that, but has consequences.

At the end of the season rumors says he went to the board, said many player were old and after 3 years like those couldn't be at the same level (motivation and physical), so the next year he left the board two choices. 
1) another year with those old players and buy some top players to win CL  
2) sell the old players and restart with a new young team with no pressure from the board to win the league soon again.

He waited since July!! and then decided that the board (which was not agree with him old players couldnt continue some years at the same level) didnt make enough to figth for CL and left.
That year Juve bought Coman, Pereyra, Evra, Morata. Board went its way, step-by-step. What we know is that Evra and Morata were Conte's choiches. My speculation is that Conte got angry with the Morata affair. Juve bought Morata with 'recompra' clause meaning in his eyes juventus being a real madrid 'B team' not a contender.

Board pretended to, yeah, listen to Conte but then buy what they wanted. Conte wasn't always right, he wanted Giovinco back in Juventus (similar affair ManU-Pogba) for a lot of money and Giovinco never was good enough, and all juventus fans already knew that. 
After he left Juve made two CL finals in 3 years with the old players he said couldnt last some more years at the same level. 
Conte wasn't always rigth.

Conte and the board separated in the worst way possible.

Inter.
I do not think he'll move to Inter next year but...
1) He said once he's a professionist and will not be a problem to be even Inter's manager
2) He appreciate Sabatini and he wanted to bring him to Chelsea
3) Take revenge on Juventus' board.
4) a lot of money

I can tell you, if he'll stay to Chelsea this summer he'll pretend Morata and Naingollan or Vidal. Why am i sure?
He sometimes got obsessed with some players, for example he loved Giovinco, Giaccherini not two players at juventus level, and got angry when juve sold Giaccherini.

He's the best one but he think he's always right and no one is.

Wait Conte wanted Giovinco but was a second choice because was easy to buy (we could redeem it by loan with redemption right) and because he had two great seasons at Parma. We paid 20 million Marotta's favorite price. The first choices were Van Persie, Cavani, Sanchez, Higuain and every time the society did not buy them because too expensive. We could have bought Higuain for 40 million from Real and 3 years after we paid 90 million (Marotta is a genius ...:blink:)
Today Juventus excluded the defense and Marchisio is completely different from Conte's Juventus. Dybala and Higuain are definitely not Matri and Vucinic ;) and do not forget Pjanic, Alex Sandro, Cuadrado, Khedira, Mandzukic, Benatia, etc ..
Conte had a very short rose at Juventus the situation luckily is completely different today. Juventus B would win the Italian championship against Roma and Napoli without difficulties.Juventus leadership realized that had to spend after Conte's goodbye,they probably realized that without the Conte's effect it was necessary to invest.

No club in Italy seems to have as many romantic & gentlemenly supporters as Juve, and no league retains the charm Serie A does. You guys are so likeable, why do you have to be cursed with 12+ Serie B contenders

Remember PSG, Gala, Napoli fans on here? & I've never read a post by a Barcelona or Real supporter that made me think they weren't a robot. Munich & Dortmund fans have no reason to go anywhere so we don't seem to see them even by accident, I guess because they've no reason to look abroad to other entertaining leagues, they have it all.

Fucking Juve. Pretty much every Juve legend is suave as fuck too. A great Juventuz forum even has a blog full of authentic Italian recipes taken from wherever their team travel that week. :wub:

6 hours ago, AverageOne said:

First of all, I apologize in advance for my english mistakes i surely will do writing this. I'm italian and juventus' supporter.
And I better clear I love Antonio Conte's way to play much much much more the Allegri's one.

I decided to write beacuse I read something partially right on what happened back in juventus days.

He took an average team to 3 Scudetto in a row, anyway the board and him never got on well.
After first Scudetto he pretended a team ready to fight for winning CL. Board had different plan. The plan was step by step, year after year.

In 2012 he was accused not to report a fixed game he was aware to, when in 2011 was Siena manager. 
He was charge with 10 months ban. He denied, he wanted the trial. Juventus wanted him on the guide as soon as possible, so persuaded him to "negotiate a plea bargain" (not sure if is correct in english). He did it and the ban was 4 months but Conte never forgave juventus board to make him look guilty.

As someone said before, his third year, lost in Istanbul on a pitch not good for rugby. Players had not enough self esteem to play CL at high level, not Conte fault then. That year juve had a really good team, one of the best in europe : buffon, bonucci, chiellini, barzagli, lichtsteiner, vidal, pirlo, pogba, asamoah, tevez, llorente/vucinic.

Here is where something starts going really bad.
Juve is in EL, that year final was gonna be played in Turin (at home)!! Juve easily went on semifinals, Benfica-Juve 2-1 and Juve-Benfica 0-0 meant no final.
One can say, yeah it can happen, right but the problem is players played those two matches tired, really tired because Conte wanted more than anything else to make more than 100 points in the league. He did it: 102, record likely will never be beaten.
The man pushed to much, that wasn't wise, everyone knew but him.

He wants 100% every match, from begging to end, wonderful to watch, I appreciate that, but has consequences.

At the end of the season rumors says he went to the board, said many player were old and after 3 years like those couldn't be at the same level (motivation and physical), so the next year he left the board two choices. 
1) another year with those old players and buy some top players to win CL  
2) sell the old players and restart with a new young team with no pressure from the board to win the league soon again.

He waited since July!! and then decided that the board (which was not agree with him old players couldnt continue some years at the same level) didnt make enough to figth for CL and left.
That year Juve bought Coman, Pereyra, Evra, Morata. Board went its way, step-by-step. What we know is that Evra and Morata were Conte's choiches. My speculation is that Conte got angry with the Morata affair. Juve bought Morata with 'recompra' clause meaning in his eyes juventus being a real madrid 'B team' not a contender.

Board pretended to, yeah, listen to Conte but then buy what they wanted. Conte wasn't always right, he wanted Giovinco back in Juventus (similar affair ManU-Pogba) for a lot of money and Giovinco never was good enough, and all juventus fans already knew that. 
After he left Juve made two CL finals in 3 years with the old players he said couldnt last some more years at the same level. 
Conte wasn't always rigth.

Conte and the board separated in the worst way possible.

Inter.
I do not think he'll move to Inter next year but...
1) He said once he's a professionist and will not be a problem to be even Inter's manager
2) He appreciate Sabatini and he wanted to bring him to Chelsea
3) Take revenge on Juventus' board.
4) a lot of money

I can tell you, if he'll stay to Chelsea this summer he'll pretend Morata and Naingollan or Vidal. Why am i sure?
He sometimes got obsessed with some players, for example he loved Giovinco, Giaccherini not two players at juventus level, and got angry when juve sold Giaccherini.

He's the best one but he think he's always right and no one is.

I do think that Conte will be very depressed if Allegri manages to win the Champions League with Juventus because it will completely overshadow Conte's achievements at Juventus. The popular opinion under Juve fans has become that "Conte was a flop in Europa and Allegri is better tactically." 

I disagree on that. Allegri is good but this is still Contes team for the most part and still his philosophy. 

I would also feel very betrayed by the Juventus board with the lazy way they handled Contes requests. Morata deal never made sense with that buy back clause. A buy back clause is kinda like letting a player go out on loan and recall him if he impresses. Something Morata did so Real activated the buy back clause  

Conte brought Juventus back to the very top on his own. If Conte never stepped in to manage you guys I think you would be on level with Milan and Inter nowadays. So yeah it's depressing to know that the Juventus board never rewarded Conte for his achievements by getting the players he wants. It's even more depressing to see that nowadays Juventus actually throw money around and buy Higuain for 90m and Pjanic for a lot of money from their direct competitors. 

And I think the same thing is going on at Chelsea because we don't have the best board around. We sacked a manager who won the double in his first season and finished second in his second season (Ancelotti), Di Matteo after the UCL win and Mourinho 2 times but that was justified. 

Mouringo got fucked over by our board in the summer of 2015 with the John Stones saga and also didn't get his requested targets. 

So only fair play to Conte for keeping our board on the edge because I wouldn't trust them either. They already have a poor image regarding backing managers and Conte of course has a bad history with it at Juve. 

We can only blame our board if he leaves us anytime soon. 

"This season my expectation was a great challenge in this League against Manchester City, Manchester United, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool. Next season for us it will be the same.
"But we have one year to work and then the possibility to go into the market and choose the right players on my idea of football."

He will stay. 

1 hour ago, Beigl said:

He will stay. 

Of course he will stay :)) it was never a question, unless our board chooses to be a jerk intentionally, he will stay and try to compete for CL at least for one year. Inter milan currently is a mess, whoever manages them would need two or more years to settled, providing he has not been fired yet :))