The Conte Thread

Thinking Conte would go to China is like thinking Tim Duncan would move to Europe just because some no name team who play in a school gym quadruple his contract.

Forget that - him going to Inter? TO JUVENTUS'S RIVAL INTER? Is someone funneling crack smoke in here? The day I see Guardiola manage Real Madrid.

Simeone several times said that he wants to coach Inter one day. I think that day has come.

Yeah, and the timing of the announcement is weird.

After tomorrow, when Atleti are officially out of the CL, Simone will announce his departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just now, Ledgi said:

Yeah, and the timing of the announcement is weird.

After tomorrow, when Atleti are officially out of the CL, Simone will announce his departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make it a bit too clear no? But I think Simeone and his play-style would be perfect for Inter.

Conte once said he could manage Inter one day, even with his Juve past, but I just don't see it happening any time soon. He has to stay with us but it's all in the hands of our board. If they don't give Conte the players he wants, I'm lost for words at which direction Chelsea wants to go in terms of competing in Europe. You can't swap managers every 2 years and expect to compete in Europe anytime soon. 

But yeah my money definitely is on Simeone to Inter. Atletico Madrid got their new stadium next season but I doubt it'll be a reason for Cholo to stay in Madrid. Has been with them for some years now and I don't think he's able to reach higher with them.
(And his best players, Griezmann (United), Oblak (City?), will be gone in the summer)

6 minutes ago, Leif said:

I think Conte's next job will be with Madrid.

Or he goes back to Juve. He'd have no reason to move on to a rival of ours; he's won the league and made the bond with us. It'd be really cool for him to go back if he had to leave us.
He isn't the PSG type, or Paris type, at all.
Barcelona wouldn't go for him.
But, Madrid won't have many options when Zidane's gone - who can we name right now? If i was their board and mulling over Zidane, the
only managers out there I'd like the look of & trust would be Conte and.. i'm struggling to think of anyone else at all.
He won't manage a Juve rival, and while he's romantic I doubt he'll manage a tiny team in Italy.
Then the only other club on this tier to choose from really is Bayern. It'd be a sensible but lacklustre move.

Regardless, he's got the greatest odds of any coach to last here up to 8 or so years imo.

6 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

Well...let's hope Zidane will either win the UCL or La Liga because Florentino Perez is as trigger happy as Roman is. 

1+ just because I'm pretty sure I had that Donald picture as my avatar about a year ago.

On 2017-5-7 at 8:07 PM, Tautvix said:

I have to defend Mourinho here. You also forget that almost the same team won the title in 2014/2015. I don't want to take anything away from Conte but everyone who watched Jose's Chelsea of 2004-2007 will agree that team was a different class. We should still be thankful that we had Jose at his best, when he was probably the best manager in the world. Of course it's now gone for him. Next season will be a huge test for Conte also playing in Europe. 

I don't think so. Mourinho best work was with Inter Milan. Easily. When Mourinho took over, Chelsea was already a semi final UCL side and PL 2nd placed side. That team wasn't "a different class". A strong team, definitely, but not "a different class". 09/10 Ancelotti's team was in my books a better side than any of Mourinho's teams from 2004 to 2007. The best he could to with that 04/07 team in Europe was the same semi final Ranieri achieved months before he arrived claiming he was the Special One, and in both semi-finals he was defeated by a much more weaker side in Liverpool. In 390 minutes of football against Liverpool, that "different class" Chelsea scored only one goal. Months after he left the team finally achieved a UCL Final and finally defeating Liverpool with perhaps one of the most brilliant pieces of football I've seen from Chelsea in the first 15 minutes of the Extra Time. The team went for the victory. Even after the goals scored by Lampard the team kept pressuring Liverpool until scoring another one with Drogba. That was the kind of performance that the team would never achieve with Mourinho in such stage of such decisive game. Mourinho would ask the team to not lose the game...

Mourinho was good in 04/07, but not as good as english press made him look. When he took over, Chelsea was supposed to win the league, just like people expected Guardiola to win the league this season. When Conte was appointed months ago, this team prospect was to struggle to even get a top 4 finish.

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

1+ just because I'm pretty sure I had that Donald picture as my avatar about a year ago.

I actually don't really know why I still have it as my avatar...

It is said that Pioli offered his resignation to the Inter board, the Inter board rejected it and after 2 days sacked him.

Only reason I'm mentioning this because there is a chance Conte COULD move back to Italy, to Inter as he never really denied the rumors. He clearly is playing hardball with our board and fair play to him. 

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

I don't think so. Mourinho best work was with Inter Milan. Easily. When Mourinho took over, Chelsea was already a semi final UCL side and PL 2nd placed side. That team wasn't "a different class". A strong team, definitely, but not "a different class". 09/10 Ancelotti's team was in my books a better side than any of Mourinho's teams from 2004 to 2007. The best he could to with that 04/07 team in Europe was the same semi final Ranieri achieved months before he arrived claiming he was the Special One, and in both semi-finals he was defeated by a much more weaker side in Liverpool. In 390 minutes of football against Liverpool, that "different class" Chelsea scored only one goal. Months after he left the team finally achieved a UCL Final and finally defeating Liverpool with perhaps one of the most brilliant pieces of football I've seen from Chelsea in the first 15 minutes of the Extra Time. The team went for the victory. Even after the goals scored by Lampard the team kept pressuring Liverpool until scoring another one with Drogba. That was the kind of performance that the team would never achieve with Mourinho in such stage of such decisive game. Mourinho would ask the team to not lose the game...

Mourinho was good in 04/07, but not as good as english press made him look. When he took over, Chelsea was supposed to win the league, just like people expected Guardiola to win the league this season. When Conte was appointed months ago, this team prospect was to struggle to even get a top 4 finish.

Ancelotti won the league with 86 points. There's no way that team was better than Jose's team which won with 95. The fact that we won a few games 7-2, 7-1, 7-0, 8-0 and broke goalscoring record made it look like a good attacking team. These games in CL against Liverpool will always be a huge disappointment of course but with Ancelotti we couldn't even go to semis. Well beaten by Jose's Inter and next year against United.

Everyone thought Chelsea would struggle for top 4 because of last season. Take last season away and everyone will expect this team to win. Whatever happened last season nobody knows but this team is good enough win titles with a good manager. Also, everyone thought title race would be between Manchester teams but they are far away.

6 hours ago, Dahnald said:

Alright...this is going to be interesting.

Their Chinese owners won't mess around. I think they're going for Simeone...or Conte. 

It's unlikely Spalletti will renew his contract at Roma and Suning are apparently about to hire Walter Sabbatini as Sporting Director for both Inter and the Chinese club they own.

All pointing towards Spalletti going to Inter.

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Do people genuinely believe there's a chance Conte might leave at the end of the season? Blimey...

To be honest, who knows what could happen. Inter are willing to give him £250,000 a week to go there and a huge budget to compete. He said before about missing his family although they are apparently going to be moving here in the summer but still that is a huge amount of money for anybody. Although he has Juventus ties, I wouldn't be so sure that matters, even then there is talk of Allegri moving so for all we know he could go back to Juventus. I think he is going to use this as a ploy to say to Roman look I want these players and these players only, I want this guy to replace Steve Holland, I dont want us to sell player X or player Y regardless of the cost etc, I hope he stays obviously but there is a big possibility that he could leave if he isn't given complete control of transfers, a big budget to compete in the market, choice of staff etc, which is ultimately why he left Juventus. Hes even been linked with the Barcelona job (which although they've claimed they would prefer a Spaniard and whatever else if he was offered that position I don't think he would even think twice, he'd go) so I think really it is hanging in the balance as of just now, although I'm sure he is going to get a new contract offer at the end of the season, like Costa, Courtois, Hazard possibl and whoever else. 

10 hours ago, Leif said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Thinking Conte would go to China is like thinking Tim Duncan would move to Europe just because some no name team who play in a school gym quadruple his contract.

Forget that - him going to Inter? TO JUVENTUS'S RIVAL INTER? Is someone funneling crack smoke in here? The day I see Guardiola manage Real Madrid.

Conte has said in the past that he's a professional and COULD manage Inter one day.

I think it will be between either AS Roma's Spalletti or Diego Simeone but I think the latter might stay put because of Atleti's brand new stadium.

Spalletti doesn't want to extend his Roma so...

conte want garantees from abramovic for the next market session

this squad needs 5-6 high-level players (Ex.  morata, manolas, naingolan, de sciglio, ghoulam,di maria)

without them conte will leave chelsea. this is for sure.  

Why on earth would Conte leave the (soon to be) champions in the biggest league for a completely irrelevant, nearly midtable, faded star like Inter? A club who has zero chance of overtaking Juve any time soon.

Not happening.