The Conte Thread

9 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Spurs face Crystal Palace on Wednesday after Palace play tomorrow away to Liverpool.

We play Southampton on Tuesday who will not have played since the 15th of April. 

Conte isn't really happy about it and rightly so. It doesn't make any sense.

can't complain the draw at this point of the season it's just a alibi

so next year with champions league? come on. 

hope players still get focused on the target

I admit - I thought he'd lost it when I saw the line-up. How wrong was I? Superb tactical approach today. Michy and Willian were superb. Ake also repaid his manager's faith in him. What a bloke. Why did I even doubt him for one minute? Ballsy as fuck. 

English media said that Conte told them that winning the Premier League with Chelsea would be a bigger achievement than turning the 7-placed Juventus back into a top team:

Translation (kinda): Conte enraged: "I have never said anything like this."

Welcome to England and it's yellow journalism, Antonio...

Massimo Carrera, one of Antonio Conte’s assistants at Juventus, says the #Chelsea boss is 'very happy‘ in London. [Calciomercato]

Carrera: "Antonio Conte is very happy in London and he wants to take the #Chelsea side he built into the Champions League.“ [Calciomercato]

2 hours ago, Dahnald said:

English media said that Conte told them that winning the Premier League with Chelsea would be a bigger achievement than turning the 7-placed Juventus back into a top team:

Translation (kinda): Conte enraged: "I have never said anything like this."

Welcome to England and it's yellow journalism, Antonio...

Antonio starts almost every answer with "Yes, [but]", so that can be just misunderstanding, not deliberate twisting of words from English media.

I find his comments very unnecessary sometimes.

He talked about city and money, when we spend alot ourselves. Sure city spent more and should be higher on table, but the money doesnt guarantee success. We spend lot of money too.

Secondly, those comments about underdogs, specificaly to Poch pre Spurs game. He said Poch need to drop that underdog excuse for his team. Then again, Conte said we are the underdogs many times. We are certainly not underdogs. We have some of best players in league, we are top of table and we win most of games. We cant be the underdogs, not in england atm. 

Some comments he makes are realy pointless.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He talked about city and money, when we spend alot ourselves. Sure city spent more and should be higher on table, but the money doesnt guarantee success. We spend lot of money too.

Secondly, those comments about underdogs, specificaly to Poch pre Spurs game. He said Poch need to drop that underdog excuse for his team. Then again, Conte said we are the underdogs many times. We are certainly not underdogs. We have some of best players in league, we are top of table and we win most of games. We cant be the underdogs, not in england atm. 

When you face the media sometimes two times a week, you are bound to make some mistakes, Conte made very few with them this season and definitely brought a breath of fresh air in that section that Mou literally raped with nasty comments and voyeurism, just like he is doing now. Maybe Conte should take some tips from politicians and the way they speak, maybe he'll master the art of actually saying nothing while still speaking to the press.

5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Atleast he is better than the BS that Jose has to offer :P