The Conte Thread

2 minutes ago, nono said:

Well there's a lot of pressure on him now. Our downturn is coming at the worst possible time because Tottenham are comfortably putting teams away.

Quit that panicking! Spurs won't pick up maximum points. Even if Spurs pick up maximum points, I thoroughly expect us to beat those teams we're due to play, with the exception of Everton. That one might be a tricky one; I'd take a draw now if you offered it to me. But we'll more than likely win our home games and we're good enough to overcome WBA away from home. The time to panic is if we're second place. I'd rather be leading than chasing with just 18 points left to play for. 

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Sounds as though Conte's starting to raise that white flag...

Sounds to me more like he's a bit rankled by the fact that this defeat was because of Mourinho more than anything...the way he keeps referring to the 'last season'.

Didn't look like how he normally does on the touchline barking instructions.

Both him and the squad need to forget about this game and get back into focus.

Hope the upcoming FA cup semi final can do that

According to him, Alonso was ill the night before the game. That must have thrown his entire game plan out of the window. I've said it a thousand times already today, but without a single piece in place in our 3-4-3, particularly a position as crucial as LWB, defensively and especially offensively, the system collapses and is officially useless. Hazard had at times, 2-3 bodies on him today with Herrera every time he recieved the ball. With Alonso's overlaps, that won't have happened. Or at least it won't have been anywhere as effective. 

Just now, MrExcalibur100 said:

According to him, Alonso was ill the night before the game. That must have thrown his entire game plan out of the window. I've said it a thousand times already today, but without a single piece in place in our 3-4-3, particularly a position as crucial as LWB, defensively and especially offensively, the system collapses and is officially useless. Hazard had at times, 2-3 bodies on him today with Herrera every time he recieved the ball. With Alonso's overlaps, that won't have happened. Or at least it won't have been anywhere as effective. 

He coould have played Nathan Ake,who played a lot of games as a LB in the PL,so there were good options,ubt Conte never gave Ake a fair chance.

Poor, poor display by Conte today. Got it completley wrong. I know it's not ideal to lose a player just before kick off but every decision he made since then was amatur at best. Instead of replacing Alonso with Ake and that's it, he decided to move Azpi, get Zouma, then switch Azpi and Moses, then sub Moses and move Zouma to the right and Azpi back to the left. Seriously what the hell.

Not to mention that he is ignoring for the past three months Costa's horrible form. 4 points gap and panic that's on his head.

10 minutes ago, BlueLion. said:

Quit that panicking! Spurs won't pick up maximum points. Even if Spurs pick up maximum points, I thoroughly expect us to beat those teams we're due to play, with the exception of Everton. That one might be a tricky one; I'd take a draw now if you offered it to me. But we'll more than likely win our home games and we're good enough to overcome WBA away from home. The time to panic is if we're second place. I'd rather be leading than chasing with just 18 points left to play for. 

We still have Southampton to come and should point out that we have beaten them only ONCE in our last 4 home games.

17 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

He's trying to curb the expectations a bit to lessen the pressure on the players.

Maybe you're right but if we throw the title away, after boasting a 10-point lead, it will be regarded as a massive failure.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Poor, poor display by Conte today. Got it completley wrong. I know it's not ideal to lose a player just before kick off but every decision he made since then was amatur at best. Instead of replacing Alonso with Ake and that's it, he decided to move Azpi, get Zouma, then switch Azpi and Moses, then sub Moses and move Zouma to the right and Azpi back to the left. Seriously what the hell.

Not to mention that he is ignoring for the past three months Costa's horrible form. 4 points gap and panic that's on his head.

Exactly, just because he has taken us so far, he should be blamed for his disgusting naivety. If an average Joe of a fan can see Diego's degenerate lack of commitment, then surely him and his staff can, yet he keeps playing that useless moron. He'll surely play him on Saturday and we'll get humiliated by those slimes in white. I really hope Matic and Diego never appear again on the start XI, but it feels like a pathetic pipe dream.

I'd still have him in charge over the cunt that beat us today. Conte has had to mop up the mess the so called special one left, he's done a fabulous job unlike the deluded one.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

We still have Southampton to come and should point out that we have beaten them only ONCE in our last 4 home games.

It's baffling to why people on here are disregarding them as a threat. They always manage to fuck up my weekend. I'm worried about this game abd Borough.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'd still have him in charge over the cunt that beat us today. Conte has had to mop up the mess the so called special one left, he's done a fabulous job unlike the deluded one.

That mess was created by the players.

Mourinho got his wel deserved revenge today IMO. It stings but I'm still at his side when it goes about who's been guilty for his sacking. Obviously the players who dropped him because something happened backstage. Our fans painting Mourinho off as the villain but cheering for Costa and Hazard...yuck. Because Mourinho clearly wanted to get himself sacked? 

Leicester players this year proved how much power players have at a club. If they want the manager out, he's gone. 

4 minutes ago, Dahnald said:

That mess was created by the players.

Mourinho got his wel deserved revenge today IMO. It stings but I'm still at his side when it goes about who's been guilty for his sacking. Obviously the players who dropped him because something happened backstage. Our fans painting Mourinho off as the villain but cheering for Costa and Hazard...yuck. Because Mourinho clearly wanted to get himself sacked? 

Leicester players this year proved how much power players have at a club. If they want the manager out, he's gone. 

Not all of it. Ivanovic constantly selected, Matic also and the fact we never had a plan B. No surprise that flair players this season have started looking like real players instead of defensive wing backs. I'm not for one minute saying it was all the fault of JM but he's a manager stuck in the dark ages. Lets not forget he sold KDB, Lukaku and Felipe Luis who would all walk into this team as it stands now. He's not everything he's cracked up to be.